Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So not surprised that FD stiffed his subcontractors. I’ll bet he did this all the time-agreeing to an amount on a job, and then heavily discounting the agreed upon amount.
Good point and no surprise here as well. I wonder if there are other contractors who were stiffed? I also wonder if FD floated his money - "robbed Peter to pay Paul". Was he involved in kiting? I feel the investigation into his financial situation will reveal some hard facts that NP will be unable to defend. JMO!

Just when I thought today couldn't get any better with 99% humidity and torrential rain and just when the thought of Atty. Bill Murray and Groundhog Day wasn't enough on this thread for a perfectly good laugh amidst the tragedy of this case and pure and simple abuse of the legal system in CT, we are tossed another golden bone by FD to chew on!

No wonder he can't show up for depositions, he is now faced with dodging hostile tradespeople to whom he owes sizable sums!

Surprised one of these unpaid and no doubt very angry tradespeople haven't figured out what happened to poor missing JD and reported it to LE!

Thanks much for posting this gem!

FD allegedly isn't paying his HVAC contractor and in fact the allegation is that he 'shorted' their payment to the tune of $22,250 (total job cost was $73,250). This 'short' amount probably represents the amount that he estimates taking this claim to court would cost the good HVAC guys who completed their work at 80 MS on 10/31/18. This is a well known and unfortunately overused tactic by less than reputable developers IMO.

So, not only do you have to complete the work, wait nearly a year for payment but PS I will short you $22,250 and PSS SO SUE ME!

I wonder how many other tradespeople have experienced similar treatment by FORE/FD? My guess is more than this HVAC contractor.

Is this litigation the first card in a collapsing house of cards that is FORE Group?

IMO this is shameful way to treat hardworking tradespeople. Hope they slap a mechanics lien on the property pronto if they haven't already!

MOO
Just a quick update after reading all the posted documents on the 'Angry Unpaid HVAC Contractor', it seems that the atty for the HVAC Contractor is quite a sharp person and must sense that the financial house of cards that is FORE Group just might be crumbling soon.

The attorney asked that FORE/FD submit an asset listing (real and personal property) to satisfy the Prejudgment Remedy (roughly $26,000 which includes interest, fees etc. owed).

The documents also disclose that the court date for this action is August 5, 2019 at 9:30 am in Hartford. We will have to add this date to the FD court appearance calendar so that reminders can be sent to his email of record so we don't have any more missed appearances regarding financial disclosure. Maybe No Case Norm can task the unseen intern to maintain a calendar of court appearances for FD so he shows up next time as well!

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17289861

Given how we’ve seen FD talk about Greece and knowing that he sent money to his family there according to his sister, I wonder how the Greece money crisis ties into things with FD. I’m sure there are countless scholarly articles but I grabbed this basic one in case it’s of interest:

Explaining Greece’s Debt Crisis

Just a quick update after reading all the posted documents on the 'Angry Unpaid HVAC Contractor', it seems that the atty for the HVAC Contractor is quite a sharp person and must sense that the financial house of cards that is FORE Group just might be crumbling soon.

The attorney asked that FORE/FD submit an asset listing (real and personal property) to satisfy the Prejudgment Remedy (roughly $26,000 which includes interest, fees etc. owed).

The documents also disclose that the court date for this action is August 5, 2019 at 9:30 am in Hartford. We will have to add this date to the FD court appearance calendar so that reminders can be sent to his email of record so we don't have any more missed appearances regarding financial disclosure. Maybe No Case Norm can task the unseen intern to maintain a calendar of court appearances for FD so he shows up next time as well!

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=17289861

NP and his team should move on from Gone Girl and Sleeping With The Enemy and begin reading The Wizard of Lies. JMO.

I'm wonder if LE knows where they were and are hoping for a body before charging them? Just thinking out loud and all JMO. I'm very discouraged they have not been charged with murder as of yet, I feel if they had strong enough evidence they would charge them. I'm hoping for closure for this family and the children. This is so tragic for them, and what if something happened to JD's mother? I can't bare that thought

I quite understand the desire for charges now but I don’t think them not having filed them means LE doesn’t have enough. More evidence is more in this case since NP will challenge anything as shown by his “We can explain the 30 trash-bag stops with JD’s blood on items in the bags.” Etc. They not only want to be sure that the i’s are dotted and the t’s are crossed but also that all the rest of it is—yes—letter-perfect. My opinion only.

I have much to read but want to post this before I forget. I briefly looked at posts regarding the scientist who was killed tragically in Greece. While I never thought the FD’s sister was right that FD had great support in Greece, what I read on WS from people in Greece and from their mainstream media made it clear to me that they, like most other people all over the world, love their country and their people—but see and speak up when someone does something so awful. I doubt most people there even know about JD and FD. I can’t read Greek but I Googled the names and found very little in Greek news.
Don't want to OT here BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU on this one.

I followed that case from when it first broke and I have to say that the folks from Greece were INCREDIBLE on the thread. Google translate doesn't work very well in Greek and it took the world press quite awhile to catch up to the local press.

We had locals translating press conferences, debating translation issues into english and going over and above the call of duty to make sure the story information was conveyed as accurately as possible and that map locations were perfect based on LE comments.

There was alot of interest in this case from Germany as that is where Dr Eaton has lived/worked for nearly 25 years and ditto for the German nationals translating and organizing the local press.

The cooperation of the people on that thread was incredible IMO.

But I have to say that the greek locals wanted to make sure that the details reported were correct as they knew they were ahead of much of the global english press on the issue. IMO they were fantastic and did amazing work. I sensed tremendous pride in their language and their country and they expressed outrage at the circumstances of the death of Dr. Eaton which involved an individual with serious psychological issues IMO.

The greek police also did some brilliant police work with cell phone data and location, DNA testing, suspect profiling and identification. The Greek govt stayed on top of the case and as soon as the case broke sent a team from Athens to Crete to run the investigation.

It was good stuff on the ground in Crete from LE amidst the tragic loss of Dr Eaton to this world and WS peeps were about as good as it gets IMO! MOO

Last edited:
Lawyers for Jennifer Dulos’ mother say Fotis ‘not a fit parent’ in custody fight

July 17, 2019

"STAMFORD — Calling Fotis Dulos an unfit parent several times, attorneys for his mother-in-law argued in court papers filed Wednesday that a judge should reject his bid to dismiss her request to intervene in his divorce case.

Gloria Farber has been caring for the five Dulos children since her daughter, Jennifer Dulos, vanished on May 24....

The memorandum of law filed Wednesday by attorneys Anne Dranginis and Kelly Scott, representing Farber, points out that Heller, who was overseeing the divorce, had already stipulated that Fotis Dulos could only see his children during closely supervised visits prior to their mother's disappearance because of his behavior....

Heller had set a deadline of Wednesday for any documents opposing the motion to dismiss Farber's request to intervene. Heller is expected to rule on the request to intervene and the motion to dismiss in the coming weeks."

Lawyers for Jennifer Dulos’ mother say Fotis ‘not a fit parent’ in custody fight

No Case Norm is no match for the WS team. He doesn’t have a chance.

So not surprised that FD stiffed his subcontractors. I’ll bet he did this all the time-agreeing to an amount on a job, and then heavily discounting the agreed upon amount.

Remember the one review someone wrote about buying a house from him and how he did the opposite to them—increased, increased, increased the cost?

Quotes from the above article:

"The defendant's fitness as a parent is also contradicted by virtue of his arrest based on a finding of probable cause, that implicates him in the plaintiff's disappearance," Farber's attorneys said.

"In his motion to dismiss, attorneys for Fotis Dulos argued that the family court had no jurisdiction over Farber's motion to intervene and that she failed to demonstrate to the court that she had a "parent-like" relationship with the children".

"Farber's attorneys said his motion incorrectly stated which principle of law would apply to the case, and that his argument, based on the subsection of law that defines visitation for third parties, didn't apply, since Farber had custody of the children and wasn't seeking visitation".

"Dranginis and Scott also pointed out that the subsection of law his attorneys applied only could be invoked when a "fit" parent was opposing the third-party visitation".

"The defendant is not a fit parent and there is more than ample evidence on which the court can base that determination," Dranginis and Scott said".

Paging @gitana1 to unpack this somewhat complicated motion for us as it looks like Atty Dranginis isn't too impressed with Pattis & Crew's interpretation/reading of family law basics. MOO!

Don't want to OT here BUT I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU on this one.

I followed that case from when it first broke and I have to say that the folks from Greece were INCREDIBLE on the thread. Google translate doesn't work very well in Greek and it took the world press quite awhile to catch up to the local press.

We had locals translating press conferences, debating translation issues into english and going over and above the call of duty to make sure the story information was conveyed as accurately as possible and that map locations were perfect based on LE comments.

There was alot of interest in this case from Germany as that is where Dr Eaton has lived/worked for nearly 25 years and ditto for the German nationals translating and organizing the local press.

The cooperation of the people on that thread was incredible IMO.

But I have to say that the greek locals wanted to make sure that the details reported were correct as they knew they were ahead of much of the global english press on the issue. IMO they were fantastic and did amazing work. I sensed tremendous pride in their language and their country and they expressed outrage at the circumstances of the death of Dr. Eaton which involved an individual with serious psychological issues IMO.

The greek police also did some brilliant police work with cell phone data and location, DNA testing, suspect profiling and identification. The Greek govt stayed on top of the case and as soon as the case broke sent a team from Athens to Crete to run the investigation.

It was good stuff on the ground in Crete from LE amidst the tragic loss of Dr Eaton to this world and WS peeps were about as good as it gets IMO! MOO

I agree! Maybe they’ll come join us here!

So do you think he thought carefully and critically beforehand regarding the things he’s spun such as the revenge suicide and the “Gone Girl” as strategies to advance his client’s case with prospective juries? I’m not arguing. I’m asking.
Does one thing carefully and critically before expelling diarrhea? Same result here.

@Bulldogs2, Do you have a definition of maglignant narcissim to help us understand it better?

We have been reading so many of the Family Court documents and have seen terms mentioned when talking about FD such as narcissim and delusion and it might be helpful to put into the thread what exactly these mean?

Having a common understanding of these terms will also help evaluate FD information going forward I think as no doubt more information will be coming out of Family Court soon IMO.
I will ask my psychiatrists tomorrow about that definition.

I agree! Maybe they’ll come join us here!
I've reached out to a couple of them so we will see! I hope they do come here as they were able to explain how their country operates in a way that as an outsider would never have been visible even if you had visited the county IMO.

On issues Greek, does anyone else find it strange that FD sister has allegedly remained in Athens while a good portion of her extended family has been seen to travel to Farmington? FD sister has been an integral part of FORE Group and other than the letter of support to her brother she has not been visible on the scene. I do wonder if she has been interrogated by LE on any of the financial investigation issues or whether she was contacted by State Police for an interview? Maybe this is why she is choosing to stay put in Athens. My understanding is that while there is extradiction treaty in place with Greece, someone would have to be charged with a crime in order to be extradited. MOO

Given how we’ve seen FD talk about Greece and knowing that he sent money to his family there according to his sister, I wonder how the Greece money crisis ties into things with FD. I’m sure there are countless scholarly articles but I grabbed this basic one in case it’s of interest:

Explaining Greece’s Debt Crisis

I know I said it before but here I am again...I am NOT suggesting that anyone sleuth or bother FD’s first wife, just that if I were on the JD case in another capacity, I’d want to ask her about the end of that marriage. I quite wonder if he saw the chance to get with JD after seeing her at the airport and knowing that her money would far surpass what his wife would earn as a lawyer (certainly not nothing but I’m talking about FD with his apparent focus on money at the (literal and figurative) expense of others. It makes me sick that he would not value JD primarily for the sweet, kind, caring person that all reports (but his) say she was but what we’ve learned about FD from his own words and actions makes me think he didn’t. It’s just reprehensible.

I've reached out to a couple of them so we will see! I hope they do come here as they were able to explain how their country operates in a way that as an outsider would never have been visible even if you had visited the county IMO.

On issues Greek, does anyone else find it strange that FD sister has allegedly remained in Athens while a good portion of her extended family has been seen to travel to Farmington? FD sister has been an integral part of FORE Group and other than the letter of support to her brother she has not been visible on the scene. I do wonder if she has been interrogated by LE on any of the financial investigation issues or whether she was contacted by State Police for an interview? Maybe this is why she is choosing to stay put in Athens. My understanding is that while there is extradiction treaty in place with Greece, someone would have to be charged with a crime in order to be extradited. MOO

You ROCK!!! I hoped you would and I thought you might!!! Wonderful!!! Thank you! And thanks in advance to them if they join us here!

I am still sitting here shaking my head because the IRS hasn’t turned their attention his way. There is no possible way FD has paid all of the income taxes he is responsible for. All of this financial voodoo is something that I struggle to understand, but I know that the IRS doesn’t like it when you have undeclared income (like the “gifts” from HF). And like money that has been laundered through Fore Group, that he is using for personal expenses. The only reason he stopped paying the mortgage on 4 JC, IMO, is because GF is the guarantor of the loan, and JD was responsible for half. I guess he figures he can walk away from his half-especially since he probably planned to run away to Greece anyway.
The IRS has been gutted and doesn't have the resources it once had to conduct investigations. Corporations and the wealthy are making out like bandits. I wouldn't expect anything there.

I know I said it before but here I am again...I am NOT suggesting that anyone sleuth or bother FD’s first wife, just that if I were on the JD case in another capacity, I’d want to ask her about the end of that marriage. I quite wonder if he saw the chance to get with JD after seeing her at the airport and knowing that her money would far surpass what his wife would earn as a lawyer (certainly not nothing but I’m talking about FD with his apparent focus on money at the (literal and figurative) expense of others. It makes me sick that he would not value JD primarily for the sweet, kind, caring person that all reports (but his) say she was but what we’ve learned about FD from his own words and actions makes me think he didn’t. It’s just reprehensible.
One thing you can be sure of: The creepy P.I. working for Pattis will know everything there is to know about FD's past relationships so they can disparage the people before or when they step up to testify.

NP is stretching the 6th Amendment, IMO....but it will take time to rule on this...right?

I did miss the further explanation in the attachment....NP is still having trouble getting his stories and FD's stories aligned...According to FD, he and Jennifer were being cordial to one another and getting along much better. This was after Jennifer realized the attorneys were taking advantage of her, according to FD.

Now Norm says that the divorce was highly contentious....blah, blah, blah...and the medical records will prove????
i work in healthcare adminstration and our state plan covers more that 500,000 lives...it is very common for healthcare providers to bill very high charges...the plan administrator has contracts with network providers that agree on the allowed amount, and then the net payment is after member responsibility...$14k is not that much in charges, with allowed and net payments a fraction of what the provider charged, especially if there are diagnostic tests performed...anybody who receives healthcare services knows charges by providers are high, some are fraud/waste/and abuse......norm and fotis are spinning this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member