Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #10 *Still Missing*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a large body of water near his apartment but IIRC it was searched. There is a storage place near his apartment - did he have a unit that he kept her in either the duffle or the containers that he purchased?
Have those motions been unsealed yet?
Picture the scene..
Michelle is back..
He needs to get rid of duffle bag before she notices it...
prosecution believe it contains YY's belongings.
It's possible it also contains body parts..
Michelle states he carried it with ease, but he was strong and this suggests it was fuller than a few small things...
nonetheless he needed to get rid of it and fast..
It's the Monday, day news breaks about make and model of car used, he may or may not have heard it by the time he decides he needs to hide or destroy his new bag..
But he definitely knows that there is a heightened alert out for YY, unlikely he would have been expecting it that quickly so it's possible fear is setting in.
He tells ichelle he's going around to tB's with a cat-tree... they're often bulky and odd shaped..
Truthfully, we hve no idea of what was in that bag but it wasn't empty..
Somewhere along the road between his house and the gym? A path he walked on a daily basis to try getting rid of his flabby body...
What could it be?
Something he saw every single day that was a perfect place to dump or hide 'stuff'?

I believe you're thinking of Kaufman Lake. I heard it was searched.
No I am thinking of Clear Lake and Copper Slough. I have edited my post to add more info and a map. Lots of bodies of water around.
ETA Clear Lake and Kaufman lake appear to be the same lake on the map.

Last edited:
I know and that's why I'm askin', cos an abandoned or uninhabited or lonely space in a busy area is more likely to stand out??
Alleyway... basements, attics... basements again..?
I'm not clear, why are you assuming he's walking, he's got his own car and can drive 30 miles away if he wants?

He wasn't spotted travelling on public transport with the big bag on the Monday..
lets assume he walked.
This desperately needs local knowledge.. photographs or street maps from the week and year of the murder.. a place known to be familiar to him, a place one could not miss if one were to walk up and down to that gym every day..

I just remembered a small lake not far from Parkland but I can't think of the name of it.
Have a look at the map and comments I posted on the last page at the bottom. You're probably familiar with it. Adding it here too. Ignore the dropped pin it is just a bit too far south but if you zoom in there looks like multiple ponds and the stream connecting them. The one you mention is one of them too.

Dropped pin Near Champaign, IL, USA Google Maps

He wasn't spotted travelling on public transport with the big bag on the Monday..
lets assume he walked.
This desperately needs local knowledge.. photographs or street maps from the week and year of the murder.. a place known to be familiar to him, a place one could not miss if one were to walk up and down to that gym every day..
He had his own Camaro, and he had no reason to think anyone was looking for him early Monday; again why in the world assume he's walking with a big bag in tow? I'd assume he threw the bag in the trunk and took off for who knows where.

lets assume he walked.
I don't think he walked but drove around stopping here and there leaving bits in the stream definitely but just wonder why nothing found.

He had his own Camaro, and he had no reason to think anyone was looking for him early Monday; again why in the world assume he's walking with a big bag in tow? I'd assume he threw the bag in the trunk and took off for who knows where.
Early Monday? Where are you getting 'early'?
See post 1203

error, it's listed on court listener but not updated on site yet

Last edited:
BEN
Jury has another question
After Christensen, his lawyers and the prosecutors returned to the courtroom, Judge Shadid read the question. Jurors asked how the number of jurors who found a mitigating factor to exist will be used.
After some discussion, they told the jury to refer back to the instructions and send another question if they still needed clarification
They quickly sent back another question, asking how the number of jurors who found a mitigating factor to exist could be used after the trial. "We are inclined not to share our results," a juror wrote.(!)
The confusion stems from the special verdict form, which asks but not requires jurors to list next to After more discussion, Judge Shadid told them they should not consider any potential appeal or proceeding and reminded them that they are "asked but not required to report" the totaleach mitigating factor the number of jurors who found it proven by a preponderance of the evidence

BEN
After Christensen, his lawyers and the prosecutors returned to the courtroom, Judge Shadid read the question. Jurors asked how the number of jurors who found a mitigating factor to exist will be used.
After some discussion, they told the jury to refer back to the instructions and send another question if they still needed clarification
They quickly sent back another question, asking how the number of jurors who found a mitigating factor to exist could be used after the trial. "We are inclined not to share our results," a juror wrote.(!)
The confusion stems from the special verdict form, which asks but not requires jurors to list next to After more discussion, Judge Shadid told them they should not consider any potential appeal or proceeding and reminded them that they are "asked but not required to report" the totaleach mitigating factor the number of jurors who found it proven by a preponderance of the evidence

Good for the jurors. I don't blame them. So the form is just to help them decide and the court won't be seeing it. I like this jury.

I hate that I was right. No consensus and some of these jurors bought hook line and sinker into the Brendty pity party (although they don't want to show their face).

LWOP it is.

BEN

aaron Eades
The jury is still deliberating, but court (without them) reconvenes for a bit because of more confusion over their instructions

They ask the judge what their assessment of the mitigating factors can be used for, writing "i.e. appeals" on a note to the judge
@

he note was signed by a juror other than the foreperson. The judge amd both legal teams hash out a response:

"You should not consider any potential appeal or proceeding other than the sentencing matter before you in this case. As part of the instructions, you were asked, but not required, to report the total number of jurors...
...(influenced by a mitigating factor based on a preponderance of the evidence)."

Asst. Federal Defender Elisabeth Pollock was concerned the jurors were thinking about either an appeal or whatever consequences their decision might have down the line. All parties agreed their only concern should be the sentencing issue at hand.
@W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member