Found Deceased TX - Cedric Jackson, 18 months, Dallas, 9 July 2019 *Arrests*

Still nothing in the court site....
impatient1.gif

The body of an 18-month-old boy was found in a North Texas landfill one week ago today. Now the woman who had been granted custody of the toddler is behind bars.

Chrystal Jackson, the aunt of little Cedric “C.J.” Jackson, was arrested in Dallas Thursday morning.

...SBM

Jackson initially told police she put the little boy to bed sometime after 11:00 o’clock the night before and he was gone the next morning when she woke up. Before authorities began searching for C.J.’s remains, family members expressed concern about those claims since they say Jackson slept next to the child, in the same bed.

After Sedrick Johnson was arrested Jackson’s story changed somewhat, with her now saying that she woke up during the night and noticed that both her boyfriend and C.J. were missing. She then called Johnson and confronted him about why he wasn’t at the residence.

Chrystal Jackson is being held in the Dallas County Jail on a $35,000 bond. She is charged with child endangerment.

Chrystal Jackson, The Aunt Of 18-Month-Old Found In Texas Landfill, Arrested

The body of an 18-month-old boy was found in a North Texas landfill one week ago today. Now the woman who had been granted custody of the toddler is behind bars.

Chrystal Jackson, the aunt of little Cedric “C.J.” Jackson, was arrested in Dallas Thursday morning.

...SBM

Jackson initially told police she put the little boy to bed sometime after 11:00 o’clock the night before and he was gone the next morning when she woke up. Before authorities began searching for C.J.’s remains, family members expressed concern about those claims since they say Jackson slept next to the child, in the same bed.

After Sedrick Johnson was arrested Jackson’s story changed somewhat, with her now saying that she woke up during the night and noticed that both her boyfriend and C.J. were missing. She then called Johnson and confronted him about why he wasn’t at the residence.

Chrystal Jackson is being held in the Dallas County Jail on a $35,000 bond. She is charged with child endangerment.

Chrystal Jackson, The Aunt Of 18-Month-Old Found In Texas Landfill, Arrested

welp.....

I am so glad she has been arrested but now I'm praying she doesn't get let off like so many have in the past.
Something needs to be out in place so that the partner who is complicit in the crime or tried to cover for the partner gets the same sentence.
I have always said to my kids if you are with a group of friends and they do something has you are just as bad for standing and watching, and they will get the same punishment.
Even schools say this to pupils. These are grown adults.

From your link:
The document lays out the timeline of the aunt's statements to investigators:
  • 6:18 a.m. July 10: Jackson calls 911 to report someone abducted her nephew.
  • 4:35 p.m. July 10: Jackson repeats a story about a juvenile in the home reporting a man took the boy in the middle of the night.
  • 5:17 p.m. July 10: Jackson "finally admitted" that two other children were home at the time of the alleged abduction.
  • 5:20 p.m. July 10: Jackson says her boyfriend was also in the home.
  • 6:05 p.m. July 10: Jackson tells police she "crawled over" Johnson when she noticed CJ was missing. She also tells police that she told Johnson and five children to leave the home before she called 911.
  • 11:45 p.m. July 10: Jackson is interviewed by an FBI agent. She changes her story and says she realizes CJ was missing at 5 a.m.
  • 1:30 a.m. July 11: Jackson "changed her story again" and says she woke up at 2 a.m. July 10 and saw the toddler was gone.
  • 2:15 a.m. July 11: Johnson tells investigators his story about how he unwrapped the toddler from the swaddle and dumped him in the trash.
"Jackson lied to law enforcement for approximately 19 hours regarding the amount of time she knew" the child was missing, says an arrest warrant affidavit.

And this:
Had Jackson been truthful with police sooner, "law enforcement has every reason to believe the complainant could have been located, potentially alive, within hours of his removal from suspect Jackson's residence," according to the arrest warrant affidavit.
My Bolding.
Aunt lied for 19 hours keeping police from finding her 18-month-old nephew 'potentially alive,' warrant says
I'm so glad Chrystal has finally been arrested but it's disgusting to think about the choices she made. How could she? SMDH.

6:05 p.m. July 10: Jackson tells police she "crawled over" Johnson when she noticed CJ was missing. She also tells police that she told Johnson and five children to leave the home before she called 911.

I'm guessing CPS had no idea about the 5 children and the loser boyfriend. Lying about that, is also a crime.

And that leads me to another thought...Did Cedric's mom and other family know about the children and boyfriend living there? If so, I question their ability to effectively raise and protect children from top to bottom.

i also want to add. i think the boy was dead when that guy took him from the apartment. because i think he thinks if he says the boy was still alive, that it will be less than murder.

ITA -- Yes, little Cedric was dead before he was taken out of that house. And who knoze how long he had been that way?
I think the "swaddling" was obviously the way they incapacitated him -- maybe just not at night. It kept him from going anywhere and getting in the way. They apparently did not have a crib or playpen, etc., so they somehow tied his arms & legs up so that he couldn't walk or crawl. Can you imagine?
This night, or afternoon or whenever, someone just tied him up a bit too tightly, so he couldn't breathe, and then he was gone. What hell this pretty child endured. But no more, thank heaven.
And him possibly thinking it would be less than murder is less than even half-smart, IMO.

Aunt lied for 19 hours keeping police from finding her 18-month-old nephew 'potentially alive,' warrant says

The aunt of an 18-month-old boy whose body was found in a landfill repeatedly lied to police for hours preventing them from finding the child alive, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Chrystal Jackson, 27, was arrested Wednesday morning on a felony child endangerment charge, a week after her boyfriend was accused of harming the boy.
[.....]
He [Johnson] said he started routinely swaddling CJ after the boy once "made a mess" in the middle of the night with ketchup packets. The man said he didn't want the child getting up during the night, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
[.....]
It's unclear if the child was already dead when he was thrown away.
[.....]
She remains in the Dallas County jail in lieu of $35,000 bail.

Sorry if this article was already posted.... behind in reading. :(

for Johnson:

DATE BOND SET 071119 AMT _500000.00 TYPE __ SET BY COURT 0H JUDGE LUSK_____
REC NO 01 _
NAMES
B070
ASSOCIATED NAME INGRAM,_WILLIE_9727806144__________ NAME REF CODE CD1907120
CT APPOINTED _ BAR NO 10401400 BOND MAKER _ DT BOND MADE ______ _
B070
ASSOCIATED NAME AGUILAR,_HUGO_2149203600___________ NAME REF CODE CD1907170
CT APPOINTED _ BAR NO 24006740 BOND MAKER _ DT BOND MADE ______ _
B070
ASSOCIATED NAME TINAJERO,_REYNIE_2148868951________ NAME REF CODE CD1907171
CT APPOINTED _ BAR NO 24008163 BOND MAKER _ DT BOND MADE ______ _

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=07

So.... he was able to make his $500K bond!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back