NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose he could say he had a passport that was used by someone else to make it look more authentic when he presented it to a hijacker to hide that he was Jewish.

He's full of lies and chess-game tactics so who knows.

It's weird he would keep a forged document in a safe for decades instead of destroying it. Wasn't it expired anyway? Why keep it? I think eventually it will make more sense.

jmo

Well, just looking at the timeline of what we know, the passport is said to have expired 32 years ago, which means in 1987 (when JE was ~ 34yo).

Just looking at his "career" section in Wikipedia, it says in 1981 he left Bear Stearns and founded his own consulting firm and he described his work at the time as "being a high level bounty hunter" (to assist clients in recovering stolen money from fraudulent brokers, lawyers, and even sometimes worked for "governments").

Steven Hoffenberg hired Epstein as a consultant in 1987 (after having been introduced sometime between 1981 to 1987, in London). They worked closely, traveled all around the world. In 1993, the whole thing collapsed as a massive Ponzi scheme and Hoffenberg claims Epstein involved in it. Epstein says he left the company before it collapsed.

So if the passport expired in 1987, the documented travel would have been prior to 1987, I guess. Weird.

Attorney Brad Edwards, "In due time the names are going to start coming out."

"It's Going To Be Staggering": Epstein Associates Prepare For Worst As Massive Document Dump Imminent

He called me a minute after I had emailed him for comment. He said he’d been friends with Epstein since 1996, when they were introduced at a party on Martha’s Vineyard by Lynn Forester de Rothschild. “She begged me to meet him. She told me, ‘here’s this smart academic.’” A few days later, Epstein invited Dershowitz to Les Wexner’s 59th birthday party at Wexner’s mansion in New Albany, Ohio. “It’s a tradition that Jeff invited the smartest person he met that year. He told them I was the smartest.” They remained close for years. Dershowitz strenuously denied ever participating in Epstein’s underage sex ring and said he’d only been in Epstein’s presence with his wife. “I got one massage!” he told me. “It was from a 50-year-old Russian woman named Olga. And I kept my shorts on. I didn’t even like it. I’m not a massage guy.” -Vanity Fair

Oh Alan, why get a massage if you are not a massage guy.

Right Jan . . . you only got one massage. From Olga the 50-year old Russian.

This is going to be good.

"It's Going To Be Staggering": Epstein Associates Prepare For Worst As Massive Document Dump Imminent

About Steptoe and Johnson, a high-powered white collar defense firm (among other things):
About Us
In more than 100 years of practice, Steptoe has earned an international reputation for vigorous representation of clients before governmental agencies, successful advocacy in litigation and arbitration, and creative and practical advice in structuring business transactions.

The firm is particularly noted for its capabilities in:

• white-collar defense and other government investigations and enforcement including anti-corruption and economic sanctions, fraud, money laundering, criminal antitrust, and tax investigations, examinations, and enforcement actions;
Bios of each attorney:
James Brochin - Partner
Michael Campion Miller - Partner
Michael G. Scavelli

2 creepy lawyers going at each other ramps up.

Epstein Scandal Brings Legal Titans to Blows
Four-year battle between David Boies, Alan Dershowitz turns uglier following financier’s arrest.

Dang, it's WSJ (paywall). Are they just kinda going over all the various high profile cases histroy of of Dershowitz and Boies? It sounds like a good read lol!

ETA- I know Dershowitz has represented JE and Boies currently repping victims

Shimon Prokupecz’s Tweets
Judge Berman in his decision on Epstein said he is a danger and that is ultimately

why he’s not granting bail. Here’s the quote: “I am not suggesting that a different bail package would be appropriate because I doubt that any bail package can overcome danger to the community.”

For the victims who came before Judge Berman, they were finally heard. The judge citing them, “compelling testimony of Annie Farmer and Courtney Wild, who testified that they fear for their safety and safety of others if Epstein were to be released.”

Dang, it's WSJ (paywall). Are they just kinda going over all the various high profile cases histroy of of Dershowitz and Boies? It sounds like a good read lol!

If you have FB, put this in the search bar:

and click from there and you should be able to bypass the paywall

Epstein's ex-IT contractor quit over groups of unsupervised '15 and 16-year-old' girls on his island | Daily Mail Online
  • Steve Scully, now 69, said he worked for Epstein on his island dubbed ‘Little St. James’ across a period of six years, starting in 1999 before abruptly quitting
  • The chief owner and operator of a telecommunications business on the island at the time, Scully says he visited the exclusive retreat more than 100 times
  • He said an extensive collection of photos of topless women were seemingly being curated and then displayed throughout the island’s compounds
  • Scully finally quit after observing revolving groups of young girls –believed to be minors – continuing to flock to the resort without parental supervision
  • Epstein, 66, was denied bail on Thursday and ordered to remain in custody at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan until his sex-trafficking trial

Epstein's ex-IT contractor quit over groups of unsupervised '15 and 16-year-old' girls on his island | Daily Mail Online
  • Steve Scully, now 69, said he worked for Epstein on his island dubbed ‘Little St. James’ across a period of six years, starting in 1999 before abruptly quitting
  • The chief owner and operator of a telecommunications business on the island at the time, Scully says he visited the exclusive retreat more than 100 times
  • He said an extensive collection of photos of topless women were seemingly being curated and then displayed throughout the island’s compounds
  • Scully finally quit after observing revolving groups of young girls –believed to be minors – continuing to flock to the resort without parental supervision
  • Epstein, 66, was denied bail on Thursday and ordered to remain in custody at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan until his sex-trafficking trial
Finally...someone decent (I'll overlook the time it took him to finally quit).

I think the "little people" like an IT guy were much more likely to turn away in disgust than the so-called "elite" that JE was cultivating.

jmopinion

I read it via a link on Drudge.

One theory going around Washington is that the U.S. government went easy on Jeffrey Epstein in part to protect Prince Andrew, a report says

Attorney: Royal family protected Andrew in Epstein scandal

Prince Andrew’s ties to Jeffrey Epstein could become the most sordid royal scandal yet

https://nypost.com/2019/07/17/princ...ld-become-the-most-sordid-royal-scandal-yet/#

To be fair, the second link is to a op-ed (opinion) piece.

But I'm not discounting the idea that protecting a royal family member of an allied country would have a lot of influence.

jmo

Judge Bermans bail opinion 33 pages

“There is another very important issue to be considered in this case. It has to do with 'victims' of the crimes charged in the Indictment. Victims refer to the 'minor' girls who are alleged to have been sexually trafficked by the Defendant."
Epstein-Berman-bail 7.18.19

“There is another very important issue to be considered in this case. It has to do with 'victims' of the crimes charged in the Indictment. Victims refer to the 'minor' girls who are alleged to have been sexually trafficked by the Defendant."

The judge has been very thorough in poking holes in defense arguments and supporting the state’s argument against bail. And he has certainly sided with the victims (and even potential victims). Well done, Judge Berman!!

Interesting Highlights
P4 of 33
Referencing the Defense’s request for bail:
“Home detention in Mr Epstein’s Manhattan residence”
Home Detention at the scene of the crime(s)? Where victims are delivered to him. Awesome idea Defense

Mr Epstein’s friend David Mitchell . . . “serve as co-surety”
Anybody know anything about this guy?. My search for info Failed.

P5 of 33
“The Government filing was made against a backdrop of significant-and rapidly expanding-evidence”
Yay-new charges?

“. . . Nov 20 2018, two days after the series in the Miami Heralds began, defendant wired$100,000 from a trust account he controlled to….and individual named as a “potential co-conspirator”.

“. . . Dec 3 2018, the defendant wired$259,000 from the same trust account to….(individual also named as a “potential co-conspirator”.

?According to the Government, the second individual “is also one of the employees identified in the indictment, which alleges she and two other identified employees facilitated the defendants trafficking of minors, by contacting and scheduling their sexual encounters with the defendant at his residences in Manhattan and Palm Beach . . ."
Bet the four 30 something’s and Maxwell are sweating and lawyered up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads