Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that depends on what time housie started. He told the police he got lost in the bush for about 2 hours.
He was home at about 11;30 when AMS knocked on the door and he came out a went up the hill looking for William.
Was it about 1pm that his brother-in-law arrived and he was standing on a hill in his flanno and trackies?
So how does the two hours fit in. Maybe he was a bit out with his timing.
Yes, I understand GN arrived about 1pm and met PS in front of his house. And then the line search began. Perhaps PS lost track of time as well as place. But how did GN hear about it? Did PS call him while lost, and got unlost in time to meet him back at Benaroon, or was Heather back by then and called him, or was it through social media/the grapevine?

Yes, I understand GN arrived about 1pm and met PS in front of his house. And then the line search began. Perhaps PS lost track of time as well as place. But how did GN hear about it? Did PS call him while lost, and got unlost in time to meet him back at Benaroon, or was Heather back by then and called him, or was it through social media/the grapevine?

Didn't GN say at the inquest that he arrive saw all the people and cars and asked PS what was going on? I wonder if Heather was home at that stage.

Listening to the Nowhere Child podcast. Where does William’s BM fit into his biological family as far as his BD and BGM are concerned? She seems to have been conveniently erased from his story.

Last edited:
I thought it was really compassionate of William’s FM and FD to say how they empathised with and understood how his BF felt when William was taken into out-of-home care, after he was abducted. It shows some real maturity and respect for the BF.
You know, I actually thought the opposite when I listened to this! I was surprised that it took William being abducted for them to empathise and understand how the BF would have felt when William was taken from them. They didnt empathise with them before that?????

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

There is a disturbing dynamic going on in this thread. Absolutely STOP the personalizing, veiled snipes, and snarky references to other members whether individually or collectively. Discuss the post and NOT the poster(s).

Next person to do so will receive a 2 week thread reply ban for ignoring Mod/Admin warnings.

Didn't GN say at the inquest that he arrive saw all the people and cars and asked PS what was going on? I wonder if Heather was home at that stage.
Gregory Newton, the brother of Paul’s now-late wife, stepped into the witness box on Thursday.

He was planning to stay at Paul and his wife Heather’s house and arrived that day to find a massive search operation underway.

Mr Savage was standing on a hill next to his property when Mr Newton arrived.

William Tyrrell: Widower Paul Savage attracts questions at coronial inquest – Express Digest

You know, I actually thought the opposite when I listened to this! I was surprised that it took William being abducted for them to empathise and understand how the BF would have felt when William was taken from them. They didnt empathise with them before that?????
I'm sure they did. They come across as highly educated, highly understanding and compassionate, empathetic people. IMO

Also, Sometimes its easy to misconstrue what people mean when they post. It's one if the drawbacks of the written word. IMO.

I think they did empathise and understand, but this brought a greater understanding to them is what I understood it to mean.

I'm sure they did. They come across as highly educated, highly understanding and compassionate, empathetic people. IMO

Also, Sometimes its easy to misconstrue what people mean when they post. It's one if the drawbacks of the written word. IMO.
I agree with what everything you've said about the FP's. Surely they empathised with the BP's before the abduction. It's a strange inclusion in the podcast, I would have left it out, it made me feel icky. And on second listen, they are the words of the reporters not the FP's so the odd wording is nothing to do with them.

from the podcast 12:58
Police attention would later shift to neighbour Paul Savage. He was home alone. His wife Heather was at Bingo.
He told police he went into the bush to look for William. He got lost and found his way out one of the back tracks about 2 hours later.

NoCookies | The Australian
Wow. That’s concerning.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I’d be upset too if I thought the inquest into my son’s disappearance was only going to end up as a cold case where people eventually forget about a little boy lost. She is in a position to know how the investigation is progressing, if at all, if she takes the time and trouble to contact investigators — which I’m sure she will be doing at every opportunity. She is a mother fighting for her child and, as she said, she will never, ever, give up on William. Better that than be ineffectual and whinge about what his disappearance has done to her.
I've just noticed that FCs have Gail Furness SC as their barrister, plus another barrister. That is seriously lawyering up, much more so than BS who has his solicitor, and more than PS, who has a barrister briefed by a solicitor. I conjecture that it is the GJ and internal political situation with police that has influenced FCs to make that choice, which otherwise looks like overkill, notwithstanding that their child is missing. Because the whole purpose of the inquest is to find out what happened to William--it's on their side.

I've just noticed that FCs have Gail Furness SC as their barrister, plus another barrister. That is seriously lawyering up, much more so than BS who has his solicitor, and more than PS, who has a barrister briefed by a solicitor. I conjecture that it is the GJ and internal political situation with police that has influenced FCs to make that choice, which otherwise looks like overkill, notwithstanding that their child is missing. Because the whole purpose of the inquest is to find out what happened to William--it's on their side.

I bet they don't get Legal Aid either, must be costing a pretty penny.

I reckon they were suspicious of him because he got "lost" when he went out searching. That'd make me damn suspicious.
Yes, especially when he used to go walking everyday. Plus we don't know what they know about him about any possible priors etc, if there were any. Not saying there were, but this sudden interest is very interesting. IMO.

I bet they don't get Legal Aid either, must be costing a pretty penny.

Would they be entitled to have legal rep provided by FaCS, seeing as though they were "employed" as carers? Would it be in FaCS best interests to have them represented, so as not to spill beans or say the wrong thing, or would that be a conflict of interest?

Would they be entitled to have legal rep provided by FaCS, seeing as though they were "employed" as carers? Would it be in FaCS best interests to have them represented, so as not to spill beans or say the wrong thing, or would that be a conflict of interest?
Sounds like conspiring to pervert the course of justice to me. Just an offhand opinion.

Edit: Note that FaCS has its own SC, "instructed by the Crown Solicitor". It's competent to challenge any evidence it perceives as incorrect and prejudicial to the department.

Last edited:
Sounds like conspiring to pervert the course of justice to me. Just an offhand opinion.

I just know with my work, we have the protection of a union..if we were accused or charged in any way relating to a work matter, we have protection of the union organising and paying for legal representation.
Do carers with FaCS or the OOHC agency have anything like that?

I don't think they could, one lawyer/barrister/solicitor can only represent one person/organisation AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks