GUILTY Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

I said before I didn't think this was a serial killer but now I worry he might be-- at the very least he would have done it again if he had not been caught. 3 surviving women reporting he made attempts? :eek: There may be women who were found dead under unexplained circumstances or missing women who didn't survive to report it. Going over the list again from last thread: Found Deceased - Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Catherine Mowatt and Krasimira Kirilova were found safe.

Ilieva Desislava can probably be ruled out because she was pregnant and her married Greek boyfriend committed suicide. It seems assumed that the boyfriend killed her and then himself out of guilt. Although I'm not sure that I would put it past this perp to mow down a pregnant woman walking on the road. He seems to go after any woman, regardless of age or nationality. She is still missing.

Antonina Zoeva is not likely a victim of this perp either-- her boyfriend was arrested for murder after her blood was found in his home and car. Her body is still missing.

Alexandra Bijeva was found deceased and could be a victim of this perp. All I can find is that her body was found in the sea off a beach in the town of Agios Nikolaos on Crete and her relatives believe her death suspicious. However, it appears that is on the opposite end of Crete (over 200 km away): Google Maps
Did he have any reasons to go over there?

Jean Hanlon's case seems to have happened too long ago to have been a victim of him. Although, 10 years ago he would be 17 and could have been driving. Her death was ruled an accident by the coroner but her family believes it was suspicious. I have not studied her case much myself. If Jean was walking somewhere alone she might have been a victim of this perp and it would have looked like an "accident" to the coroner. The ocean (and decomposition) might have washed away any evidence of rape.

I really wonder if there have been other case that were ruled as "accidental" deaths because the bodies were found along the road and seemed to have been hit by a car? Has he killed before and gotten away with it until now? Or has he simply been trying to run women down and succeeded on his 4th attempt? I'm undecided, but I would not be surprised if there are more. I hope police will reopen any unexplained deaths for investigation.

MOO.

Σύμφωνα το ρεπορτάζ του Alpha, πριν από έναν χρόνο ο 27χρονος είχε συλληφθεί με την κατηγορία του εμπρησμού. Ο δράστης είχε προσαχθεί έπειτα από καταγγελίες περιοίκων που τον είδαν να βάζει φωτιά σε περιοχή κοντά στο σπίτι του. Σύμφωνα με το ρεπορτάζ, παραδέχτηκε την ενοχή του και φέρεται να είπε στους αστυνομικούς ότι του άρεσε να ακούει τον ήχο από τις σειρήνες των οχημάτων της Πυροσβεστικής.

According to the reporting done by Alpha*, one year ago the 27 year old was arrested on an arson charge. The perpetrator had been brought in (to custody) after complaints/accusations from neighbors who had seen him start a fire in an area near his house. According to the reporting, he admitted his guilt and allegedly said to the police that he liked to hear the sound of the sirens of the fire trucks/fire engines of the Fire Brigade/Fire Department.

*Alpha is a Greek news channel.

(my translation only)

Δολοφονία Αμερικανίδας στο Μάλεμε: Οι κινήσεις του 27χρονου μετά το έγκλημα | Cretapost.gr

article also contains new information regarding perp's attempts to clean his car

This article from Cretapost goes into great detail about the forensic findings with many quotes from the coroner. Toxicology results will take about a month, but he does not think they will learn much. He said the body was in such bad shape that rape couldn’t be determined; he hopes the possible DNA material he sent away will determine this one way or the other. The autopsy took eight hours. :( (My paraphrasing)

Ιατροδικαστής για Suzanne Eaton: Δεν είχαμε δυνατότητα να διακρίνουμε ίχνη βιασμού | Cretapost.gr

This article from Cretapost goes into great detail about the forensic findings with many quotes from the coroner. Toxicology results will take about a month, but he does not think they will learn much. He said the body was in such bad shape that rape couldn’t be determined; he hopes the possible DNA material he sent away will determine this one way or the other. The autopsy took eight hours. :( (My paraphrasing)

Ιατροδικαστής για Suzanne Eaton: Δεν είχαμε δυνατότητα να διακρίνουμε ίχνη βιασμού | Cretapost.gr

Just to add more, they aren’t sure if the sharp wounds were caused by a knife or by the car. They aren’t sure if she died because her broken ribs prevented her from breathing correctly, the position of her body in the cave ( there’s a chance he threw her in there while alive), or if because he suffocated her. They will have to do a radiogram of her neck to determine this. They weren’t able to find evidence of rape due to advanced decomposition but the DNA tests should reveal more. ( my translation and understanding only)

It’s so unfair he’s alive and well and SE is not. What is worse is that I think he’s so regressed and disturbed, that he’s probably enjoying the notoriety he’s getting from this. Didn’t take him long to confess and give out details. It’s clear from
His social media pages he enjoys attention. JMO

How reliable are the Greek articles? It seems that very little of the articles published prior to her disappearance actually match the facts of the case per the confession.

How reliable are the Greek articles? It seems that very little of the articles published prior to her disappearance actually match the facts of the case per the confession.
On that note, I also question the reliability of his confession. There is definitely a disconnect between what was initially reported and what is being said now. Just not sure of the source for the change.

On that note, I also question the reliability of his confession. There is definitely a disconnect between what was initially reported and what is being said now. Just not sure of the source for the change.

My impression is that, prior to the arrest, news was reporting local gossip rather than formal police information. At this time, based on reports after the confession, Suzanne was walking, not jogging, she was never in Afrata, no one saw her near a church or a roadside memorial, she was not at the little bridge, she was not playing the piano at 3PM.

Instead, she went for a walk after lunch to a memorial that is one mile North of the Orthodox Academy. That is where she was attacked and raped, severely injured, put into the trunk of his car and later dropped into the bunker.

"Paraskakis told authorities that he abducted Eaton — “motivated by sexual satisfaction,” Crete Police Maj. Eleni Papathanasiou said in a Tuesday news conference — at about noon that day as she walked toward a monument called the Evelpidon in the north of the island."​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ice-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1809d98f25b9

My impression is that, prior to the arrest, news was reporting local gossip rather than formal police information. At this time, based on reports after the confession, Suzanne was walking, not jogging, she was never in Afrata, no one saw her near a church or a roadside memorial, she was not at the little bridge, she was not playing the piano at 3PM.

Instead, she went for a walk after lunch to a memorial that is one mile North of the Orthodox Academy. That is where she was attacked and raped, severely injured, put into the trunk of his car and later dropped into the bunker.

"Paraskakis told authorities that he abducted Eaton — “motivated by sexual satisfaction,” Crete Police Maj. Eleni Papathanasiou said in a Tuesday news conference — at about noon that day as she walked toward a monument called the Evelpidon in the north of the island."​

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ice-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1809d98f25b9

I agree. The reporting was way off. The article regarding the autopsy included quotes from the coroner so I hope those weren’t misquoted or fabricated.

Thank you for the article. Police are investigating SEVEN other incidences where someone with a car similar to Paraskakis tried to run them over. Two cases closed. Lit things on fire and KILLED ANIMALS. Classic serial killer profile.

I agree. The reporting was way off. The article regarding the autopsy included quotes from the coroner so I hope those weren’t misquoted or fabricated.

Thank you for the article. Police are investigating SEVEN other incidences where someone with a car similar to Paraskakis tried to run them over. Two cases closed. Lit things on fire and KILLED ANIMALS. Classic serial killer profile.

I agree. Quoted coroner and senior police officer statements are reliable, and the rest is sensationalism.

I found that interesting too: two separate complaints were made regarding a similar car running women off the road, yet the complaints were dismissed. One could be a mistake, but two? Police dropped the ball here. Given his criminal history, CCTV of his vehicle near the bunker and her injuries, he must have been their first suspect in her disappearance.

Prolonged brutality was one of the details released prior to the arrest and we did read that she died approximately 2 hours after her last meal. I suppose that information was accurate. That is consistent with her injuries and disappearance at noon.

I remember reading a statement from his family at the time of arrest, where they said they didn't realize that one of their family had ... what was it ... something like "fallen from the clouds." It was such an odd statement, but my understanding was that they were claiming that this completely out of the blue, that they had no idea he was so sick and twisted. Knowing his prior criminal history, I think his family and many other must have known that it was just a matter of time until he killed women.

Just to add more, they aren’t sure if the sharp wounds were caused by a knife or by the car. They aren’t sure if she died because her broken ribs prevented her from breathing correctly, the position of her body in the cave ( there’s a chance he threw her in there while alive), or if because he suffocated her. They will have to do a radiogram of her neck to determine this. They weren’t able to find evidence of rape due to advanced decomposition but the DNA tests should reveal more. ( my translation and understanding only)

It’s so unfair he’s alive and well and SE is not. What is worse is that I think he’s so regressed and disturbed, that he’s probably enjoying the notoriety he’s getting from this. Didn’t take him long to confess and give out details. It’s clear from
His social media pages he enjoys attention. JMO

My understanding is that he initially denied everything, but CCTV of his vehicle near the bunker, and his tire tracks and cell phone signal at the bunker all connected him to the murder. Police also had DNA from her body and they were going to connect him to her murder.

I'm still curious whether, similar to Italy, sentences are reduced by 1/3 when a suspect confesses. If so, then once he realized how much evidence there was, he could hedge his bets and confess. 16 years is better than 25. Hopefully, the prosecutor will realize that he will not change and institutionalize him for life in a psychiatric facility.

I agree. Quoted coroner and senior police officer statements are reliable, and the rest is sensationalism.

I found that interesting too: two separate complaints were made regarding a similar car running women off the road, yet the complaints were dismissed. One could be a mistake, but two? Police dropped the ball here. Given his criminal history, CCTV of his vehicle near the bunker and her injuries, he must have been their first suspect in her disappearance.

Prolonged brutality was one of the details released prior to the arrest and we did read that she died approximately 2 hours after her last meal. I suppose that information was accurate. That is consistent with her injuries and disappearance at noon.

I remember reading a statement from his family at the time of arrest, where they said they didn't realize that one of their family had ... what was it ... something like "fallen from the clouds." It was such an odd statement, but my understanding was that they were claiming that this completely out of the blue, that they had no idea he was so sick and twisted. Knowing his prior criminal history, I think his family and many other must have known that it was just a matter of time until he killed women.

I agree 100 percent. I feel like police dropped the ball too. Dismissed him as some immature kid versus a real threat. They may of overlooked his killing of animals because unfortunately, Greece has a reputation for animal abuse. There’s been a lot of campaigns the past decade especially to bring awareness to this and to make it punishable.

Animal cruelty awareness still has way to go in Greece, Yiannis Elafros | Kathimerini

Ugh. No surprise really. When I read above of his arson charge I was gonna ask, did he torture animals too? :( He's a psychopath. I feel sad for his wife and kids. They must feel broken inside.

I can’t imagine. So many victims from his awful act. His family ( parents ) are in denial when they said this dropped from the sky. The way gossips goes around villages, I have no doubt they knew about the fire and animals. I’m sure he’s been displaying this type of destructive behavior since childhood. They just chose to turn a blind eye. JMO

My understanding is that he initially denied everything, but CCTV of his vehicle near the bunker, and his tire tracks and cell phone signal at the bunker all connected him to the murder. Police also had DNA from her body and they were going to connect him to her murder.

I'm still curious whether, similar to Italy, sentences are reduced by 1/3 when a suspect confesses. If so, then once he realized how much evidence there was, he could hedge his bets and confess. 16 years is better than 25. Hopefully, the prosecutor will realize that he will not change and institutionalize him for life in a psychiatric facility.

Notorious Greek criminal convicted to multiple life sentences over 2001 murders, Ioanna Mandrou | Kathimerini

I’m hoping the perp also gets multiple life sentences.

*gasp*

Authorities are investigating at least seven other attacks on pedestrians reportedly involving a car similar to the one that struck Eaton, according to Greece’s state-owned broadcaster, Hellenic Broadcasting Corporation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ice-say/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.2b9af5c850af

I don't understand. Were these 7 incidents simply not reported to the police until now? How did this behavior go unnoticed for so long? Is it because none of the prior victims were seriously injured? Was it written off as an accident each time and they never bothered to look for the car and driver trying to run people over?

:eek::mad::confused:o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back