Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Is the news report from last night allowed to be uploaded?I haven't been around much and haven't heard about the 10% copyright rule.

If you have a link to a news report, you can certainly post it. (Like, a link to a video.)

If it’s a print article, post the link, and then you can copy up to 10% of the text and post it.

MOO

I don't know what to make of the story considering that there are two outside influencers "helping" Lauren's mother. And by "helping" I mean they are trying to build a revenue stream for their online work and what they have been saying is largely unsubstantiated. I don't know how much influence they have in pushing this new story out but I suspect it is very high.

The Texas Rangers have a Ranger assigned to her case. The story says the FBI is involved. Neither of those law enforcement entities are going to participate in a cover up to protect a relative of a Sheriff's Office detective.

There is one detail in the video that isn't in the article - when PCSO learned of the call to Lauren's mother prior to the 911 call to them. That would be on the 11th.

One thing I am curious about is that the story says that in the 911 call Lauren says someone is shooting at her but neither her mother (who has heard the call) nor the Sheriff mention whether or not gunshots were heard at all.

I agree about the influencers.I was really disappointed when I found out one of them was involved.The problem I have is how the story gets a little worse each time.There was not a mention of another car and now we learn there was paint transfer.Also what would be the danger to the case to release the 911 call?As for Texas Rangers no they aren't going to bat for a relative of a detective but they have had their share of corruption lately.

I agree about the influencers.I was really disappointed when I found out one of them was involved.The problem I have is how the story gets a little worse each time.There was not a mention of another car and now we learn there was paint transfer.Also what would be the danger to the case to release the 911 call?As for Texas Rangers no they aren't going to bat for a relative of a detective but they have had their share of corruption lately.
What I am curious about is the difference in the characterization of the 911 call. Law enforcement has stated that Lauren sounded confused and disoriented but what we are hearing or at least is being implied doesn't seem like that as much. But alas the same media source that is responsible for this new story is also responsible for the story below (which I linked way earlier in the thread) but didn't follow up with the Sheriff as to whether or not their characterization of the call remains the same nor whether what her friends had to say about previous similar incidents is true.

Panola Co. woman missing since last Thursday

A couple days before her disappearance... Elizabeth felt something was off.

"She just didn't know what to do. She was just worried. I could see it all over her. She just wasn't ok. Something was just up with her,” Elizabeth said.

911 operators in Panola County received a call last Thursday, from a woman believed to be Lauren saying she was being followed by someone in a wooded area.

Authorities say she seemed confused and disoriented. Once officers arrived to her general area, they found her car stuck in a ditch off of Farm to Market 1794.

Both friends say she has a history of mental illness and that she's made calls. Before to the police, scared that someone was after her.

However, in this situation, they believe, she didn't plan her escape.

"She didn't say anything about going anywhere, she didn't come up with a plan of no kind," Elizabeth said.
It is the presence of this story (and how fast the CPS case showed up), just 4 days after Lauren goes missing that has thrown me off. It isn't even clear what exactly is meant about the "she didn't plan her escape" part. Until this can either be dismissed or reconciled I am stuck.

I remember that and at that time I really thought she had ran away or had a mental breakdown and harmed herself.It does sound as if she has done this sort of thing before.Now with three other people at least being with her I'm not sure what to think.The call to her mother sounds like she knew she was going to die either by her hands or someone else's.IMO

What I am curious about is the difference in the characterization of the 911 call. Law enforcement has stated that Lauren sounded confused and disoriented but what we are hearing or at least is being implied doesn't seem like that as much. But alas the same media source that is responsible for this new story is also responsible for the story below (which I linked way earlier in the thread) but didn't follow up with the Sheriff as to whether or not their characterization of the call remains the same nor whether what her friends had to say about previous similar incidents is true.

Panola Co. woman missing since last Thursday

A couple days before her disappearance... Elizabeth felt something was off.

"She just didn't know what to do. She was just worried. I could see it all over her. She just wasn't ok. Something was just up with her,” Elizabeth said.

911 operators in Panola County received a call last Thursday, from a woman believed to be Lauren saying she was being followed by someone in a wooded area.

Authorities say she seemed confused and disoriented. Once officers arrived to her general area, they found her car stuck in a ditch off of Farm to Market 1794.

Both friends say she has a history of mental illness and that she's made calls. Before to the police, scared that someone was after her.

However, in this situation, they believe, she didn't plan her escape.

"She didn't say anything about going anywhere, she didn't come up with a plan of no kind," Elizabeth said.
It is the presence of this story (and how fast the CPS case showed up), just 4 days after Lauren goes missing that has thrown me off. It isn't even clear what exactly is meant about the "she didn't plan her escape" part. Until this can either be dismissed or reconciled I am stuck.

After reading this, it is giving me the chills. A friend of my niece's acted the same way for a few days when her and a group of friends were on some camping trip. She was different, but they couldn't put their finger on what exactly was different. She got very jumpy at normal outdoor sounds, like a twig breaking under someone's foot while walking, little critters walking around at night- sounds she was well used to from previous camping trips.

At first, they thought that maybe she was using drugs and combined with drinking, it was affecting her, but this behavior continued during the day when they were hiking and swimming. They were all so concerned, that they talked to her mother privately, were honest about them having some beers at night, but they told her something was different about her. Her Mom said it was upsetting to hear, as she had been acting erratic at home, but her husband and other children thought that the mother was just looking for something wrong with her. About a week later, she ended up at the hospital- she got so paranoid and scared, thought someone was after her. It turns out the poor girl is schizophrenic, and it came at her late teens.

Could this have happened to Lauren? Do her friends know if she was acting like this- like my niece's friend? The only reason why my niece and her friends talked to her mother was because they were worried she was going to hurt herself- she was crying, yelling sometimes, paranoid, trying to take off on them (luckily, they always found her and brought her back) because she thought they were all against her, just like she thought her mother was against her.

I hope her family and friends get answers soon. Poor Lauren- saying a prayer tonight that you're ok out there. If not, I hope you're found soon.

After reading this, it is giving me the chills. A friend of my niece's acted the same way for a few days when her and a group of friends were on some camping trip. She was different, but they couldn't put their finger on what exactly was different. She got very jumpy at normal outdoor sounds, like a twig breaking under someone's foot while walking, little critters walking around at night- sounds she was well used to from previous camping trips.

At first, they thought that maybe she was using drugs and combined with drinking, it was affecting her, but this behavior continued during the day when they were hiking and swimming. They were all so concerned, that they talked to her mother privately, were honest about them having some beers at night, but they told her something was different about her. Her Mom said it was upsetting to hear, as she had been acting erratic at home, but her husband and other children thought that the mother was just looking for something wrong with her. About a week later, she ended up at the hospital- she got so paranoid and scared, thought someone was after her. It turns out the poor girl is schizophrenic, and it came at her late teens.

Could this have happened to Lauren? Do her friends know if she was acting like this- like my niece's friend? The only reason why my niece and her friends talked to her mother was because they were worried she was going to hurt herself- she was crying, yelling sometimes, paranoid, trying to take off on them (luckily, they always found her and brought her back) because she thought they were all against her, just like she thought her mother was against her.

I hope her family and friends get answers soon. Poor Lauren- saying a prayer tonight that you're ok out there. If not, I hope you're found soon.
That is the kind of scenario that could have been at play. But we don't have anything from LE or her mother saying as much. One thing that stands out to me in the most recent news story linked a few posts back is that Lauren's mother received that call from Lauren and despite how the call is portrayed her mother apparently didn't contact law enforcement. If you watch the video for that story that part is at the very beginning where the reporter says that when PCSO contacted her mother and asked if she had recent contact with Lauren and her mother told them that she had heard from her the day before. That PCSO contact with her mother had to be on the 11th. So, I do wonder about whether or not prior incidents involving Lauren could be the reason for that.

That is the kind of scenario that could have been at play. But we don't have anything from LE or her mother saying as much. One thing that stands out to me in the most recent news story linked a few posts back is that Lauren's mother received that call from Lauren and despite how the call is portrayed her mother apparently didn't contact law enforcement. If you watch the video for that story that part is at the very beginning where the reporter says that when PCSO contacted her mother and asked if she had recent contact with Lauren and her mother told them that she had heard from her the day before. That PCSO contact with her mother had to be on the 11th. So, I do wonder about whether or not prior incidents involving Lauren could be the reason for that.
Very true, and she could be alive but miles away and homeless. It is amazing how far they can get on their own- an old friend of mine from Massachusetts ended up in Texas, she, too, had schizophrenia and was one of the reasons why I majored in Mental Health in college- out of love for her and others suffering through this mental illness. It is so draining on family, and friends start to dwindle because they don't know how to handle the erratic behavior, when they're not taking their meds or their medication levels are off. In my niece's friend's case, they are all loyal and loving to her and been through a lot with her, but they are still by her side to this day, 7 years later.

I just wonder if this is what might have happened to Lauren, after reading what you posted- it sounds so eerily similar to both my niece's friend and my old friend- their symptoms weren't the same, either, which can be tricky.

Has her mother been in front of the media looking for her? I admit, I haven't really followed this case as closely as others, so I may have missed a few things. My heart goes out to Lauren- whatever happened to her, whether it was real (scary thought!) or imaginary, she needs to be found.

Re-reading that article that @Jethro4WS posted above again, it really saddens me that her very loyal friends are the ones who reported her missing. I might have to do some digging around tomorrow night- no time tonight to get into this. I am very alarmed by her behavior- it sounds like if she was on medication for a mental illness, that her levels were off- that can happen so fast without warning, unfortunately. Or if she decided to take herself off of the medication- many schizophrenics complain how tired they are on it, how they don't feel like themselves anymore and hate being on it.

still we have some conflict with the cars crashing into each other.Maybe she was freaking out and someone was trying to catch her to calm her down.

Re-reading that article that @Jethro4WS posted above again, it really saddens me that her very loyal friends are the ones who reported her missing. I might have to do some digging around tomorrow night- no time tonight to get into this. I am very alarmed by her behavior- it sounds like if she was on medication for a mental illness, that her levels were off- that can happen so fast without warning, unfortunately. Or if she decided to take herself off of the medication- many schizophrenics complain how tired they are on it, how they don't feel like themselves anymore and hate being on it.
Make sure you watch the video. Not sure if anything in the video is different or missing from the text story but that particular news station has had information that is only heard in the video but not reflected in the tone or angle of the text version. As I pointed out previously, the latest text story leaves out the fact that it wasn't until the day after Lauren went missing that PCSO became aware of the call to her mother - a reader would have no idea it happened that way unless they viewed the video.

Yes, I found it to be weird that the mother did not contact the sheriff's department. The call to her mother actually came 20 minutes before she made the 911 call. Had that been my mother she would have been calling the sheriff as she was on the way to Panola County. Her mom seems to be a good woman, so I can only surmise that she did not take think the call was serious. After the medium, who is now calling herself a victim's advocate, got in contact with the mother, the case has gone crazy. The medium also found a new little friend in this case, a female version of Dad with a Phone, who has a You Tube channel and these two are literally recording people on phone calls and putting names out there that they later had to apologize for. The mother is totally under the spell of this medium, and it has caused a huge rift between the mother and law enforcement. In Panola County, it shares a Texas Ranger with several counties and has been on the case since day one. They also went out there that very night that it happened and have been busy working on this case throughout. The Texas Department of Public Safety was also there. It has an office in the courthouse. These two women have literally called individual LE from the Texas Rangers, DPS, and sheriff's office by name and made accussations against them. Now anybody that gets arrested, or has been arrested or otherwise has an axe to grind, just needs to call these two women and start another corruption scandal. I fear it is going to rip this case apart. As to Lauren harming herself, I at first thought this was a possibility except that there was only a time lapse of 5 minutes from when her phone went dead and LE arrived on the scene. (It was about a 15 minute drive from the sheriff's office to where they found Lauren's vehicle). They searched that night and used DPS heat seeking helicopters to search. If she had self harmed or even if she had an accident, she would have been found that night.

Lauren was driving and the person that sideswipped her and ran her into the ditch was still on the scene. This would have pinned her in the vehicle making it easy to abduct her. If this is what happened, they would have had to act within 5 minutes, when her phone went dead and they arrived. I am thinking there might have been another vehicle there to whisk her away.

No the sheriff hasn't released many details, but how could he with this group interviewing people on You Tube and literally trying to be the investigators. Yes, they referred to themselves as "investigating this case."

Last edited:

I believe I remember reading that the mom said she was awakened by a call in the night from PCSO (early morning).

MOO
Where is Lauren?
Who remembers that the people she was with that day, one of them is now deceased?
A possible witness that deceased before LE could question him?

Any body want some coo coo for coco puffs.
Not me!!!
The family is surely desperate and therefore are probably buying every word of what she is saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back