UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not likely, but there is some similarity between this UID and the projected image of Andrew as an adult, fwiw,imo, speculation..
UK - UK - Hampshire, WhtMale, 30-60, in barn, Crime book & Atlas, Dec'17
SEI_67493052.jpg

Not likely, but there is some similarity between this UID and the projected image of Andrew as an adult, fwiw,imo, speculation..
UK - UK - Hampshire, WhtMale, 30-60, in barn, Crime book & Atlas, Dec'17

I saw that too, but I doubt it. The road atlas, clothing and Sony Walkman suggests someone older, imo, but also, I guess in Andrew's case anything is possible.
I've followed his case for years, it's just puzzling. I lived near King's Cross for a while and I just can't understand there were no more cctv or witnesses found.
A few years back missing people uk had a campaign and there was a huge poster of Andrew's face at the bus stop where I took the bus to work.
I thought about him a lot when I lived in London. Every part has it's own high street/centre with its own group of lost people (alcoholics mainly and many homeless) coming and going. I used to speak to some where I lived and I think none of them were in contact with their families anymore.
Seeing that big poster of him kind of got my hopes down he'd be one of them.

Lengthy article.
May 20 2019
Dad of teen who vanished sometimes 'envies parents of murdered kids'
"WATCHING the news, Andrew Gosden's tortured dad finds himself envying the parents of murdered kids.

Kevin catches himself instantly, but he still can't help wishing the police would show up at his house with a "bag of bones" so he could finally have an end to the torment he has suffered for 12 years.

Andrew Gosden disappeared in September 2007 aged 14
His son, Andrew, vanished into thin air on September 14, 2007, aged just 14, after travelling from his home in Doncaster to London when he "uncharacteristically" skipped school.

In the years since he vanished, dad Kevin has had a breakdown, attempted suicide and had to resign from his job.

"I always thought the worst feeling ever would be to have a child die but this to me is worse," Kevin says.

"I have caught myself before, to my shame, feeling envious of parents whose child has been murdered but then you stop and want to hug them."

He says the worst part is not knowing what happened to his son

Just another theory. I heard today of a local boy who went missing. Seems he did run away deliberately, was found and then went missing again. He was found 100 or so miles away. However, the second time, he was drugged and found himself in a hotel forced to work as slave labour. They made him wash dishes. Apparently this is fairly common. The police know it happens. It left me wondering if this might be what happened to Andrew and others not found. You only have to be offered a drink.... The boy I heard about today was removed from the hotel by police. I am not sure how they discovered what hapoened. He is OK and recieving help now.

I did not know where best to post this, but it is another theory worth exploring for Andrew although I don't know where one would start.

Could he be slave labour somewhere?

The Trace Evidence podcast just released an episode on Andrew’s case.

Here’s the iTunes/Apple link:
‎Trace Evidence: 082 - The Vanishing of Andrew Gosden on Apple Podcasts

Link from episode webpage:
082 - The Vanishing of Andrew Gosden

Gave this a listen. I’d recommend sticking to the Thin Air podcast.

I’d forgiven the random speculation until he decided that because he was active on the internet then Andrew must have been too. He goes so far as to say there’s no evidence to rule it out. Despite the fact there is literally nothing but evidence to rule it out and not a single scrap of evidence to support the online grooming theory.

I get these podcasts are for the host to go through theories but I can’t take anyone who blatantly ignores existing evidence seriously.

I just listened to this case on Trace Evidence. Is there any possibility he had taken the train to London prior to this day? Sometimes I think we’re naive to what our kids could really be doing. I wondered with the error in having the correct phone call home there could have been errors previously calling home or not even realizing he was missing from school.

I just listened to this case on Trace Evidence. Is there any possibility he had taken the train to London prior to this day? Sometimes I think we’re naive to what our kids could really be doing. I wondered with the error in having the correct phone call home there could have been errors previously calling home or not even realizing he was missing from school.

I’d recommend the Thin Air podcast. Andrew’s dad and sister were part of it. So it’s IMHO much better.

He of course could have gone to London another day. But his school attendance was 100% so it would have had to have been of a weekend. There’s no way the school wouldn’t have realised he wasn’t there had he missed school before.

Had it happened more then once, which we know it didn’t because of the 100% attendance, and the school had not been able to get through to his parents on the phone they would have sent a letter to inform them he wasn’t in school.

I think no parent knows everything their child does. jmo

I’d recommend the Thin Air podcast. Andrew’s dad and sister were part of it. So it’s IMHO much better.

He of course could have gone to London another day. But his school attendance was 100% so it would have had to have been of a weekend. There’s no way the school wouldn’t have realised he wasn’t there had he missed school before.

Had it happened more then once, which we know it didn’t because of the 100% attendance, and the school had not been able to get through to his parents on the phone they would have sent a letter to inform them he wasn’t in school.

I'm honestly not sure I would trust those processes. They dropped the ball this time, they could easily have dropped the ball before. They might be more vigilant with a student who was in the habit of truanting, but ime a good student like Andrew may find he was afforded more trust and leniency. Let's say he asked a friend to cover for him when he slipped out one day. I think it's possible he could have been missed and excuses accepted. All my own speculation, of course.

I don't think they would write home if a student is unaccounted for? At least not at that time.

I'm honestly not sure I would trust those processes. They dropped the ball this time, they could easily have dropped the ball before. They might be more vigilant with a student who was in the habit of truanting, but ime a good student like Andrew may find he was afforded more trust and leniency. Let's say he asked a friend to cover for him when he slipped out one day. I think it's possible he could have been missed and excuses accepted. All my own speculation, of course.

I don't think they would write home if a student is unaccounted for? At least not at that time.

I was in school 15 years before Andrew and if I was off my parents were called. If they didn’t get through on the phone a letter was sent. Your status as a good student or not wasn’t taken into account.

You also couldn’t get a friend to cover for you. You had to be there for morning and afternoon registration. In the schools around here that’s 8:45 and 12:45. If you weren’t you were marked absent and the above chain of events happened.

Andrew could have previously skipped school after afternoon registration. Depending on wether the gates of the school were closed. In my school once lunch was over the gates were locked and only open in emergencies to prevent students doing just that. Skipping out after afternoon registration. But then he’d not have time to go to London and get home in time for his parents not to notice.

The school allegedly made a mistake with the phone numbers. It has never really sat well with me as it seems too convenient that the very day a child vanishes his telephone details are incorrect or read incorrectly. But the fact remains if he had skipped school before his parents would have been informed one way or another.

I was in school 15 years before Andrew and if I was off my parents were called. If they didn’t get through on the phone a letter was sent. Your status as a good student or not wasn’t taken into account.

You also couldn’t get a friend to cover for you. You had to be there for morning and afternoon registration. In the schools around here that’s 8:45 and 12:45. If you weren’t you were marked absent and the above chain of events happened.

Andrew could have previously skipped school after afternoon registration. Depending on wether the gates of the school were closed. In my school once lunch was over the gates were locked and only open in emergencies to prevent students doing just that. Skipping out after afternoon registration. But then he’d not have time to go to London and get home in time for his parents not to notice.

The school allegedly made a mistake with the phone numbers. It has never really sat well with me as it seems too convenient that the very day a child vanishes his telephone details are incorrect or read incorrectly. But the fact remains if he had skipped school before his parents would have been informed one way or another.

It does seem odd. Also the non-interest of schoolfriends. Even if not the most popular don't people take continued interesting a missing classmate. Why the silence?

Gave this a listen. I’d recommend sticking to the Thin Air podcast.

I’d forgiven the random speculation until he decided that because he was active on the internet then Andrew must have been too. He goes so far as to say there’s no evidence to rule it out. Despite the fact there is literally nothing but evidence to rule it out and not a single scrap of evidence to support the online grooming theory.

I get these podcasts are for the host to go through theories but I can’t take anyone who blatantly ignores existing evidence seriously.
I think it’s highly likely Andrew had online access that people didn’t know about.

I’m not saying he accessed it, but the Trace Evidence host is absolutely right when he says if a teen wanted to be online, the teen could find a way.

I think that people didn’t know Andrew as well as they thought they did, and his disappearing proves that point. He clearly was quite capable of planning and doing things his parents wouldn’t have given permission for.

All that being said, I don’t think that he went to London to meet up with anyone. I think it was more of an adventure, a way of being “rebellious”, but something bad happened.

I really feel for his family. I really appreciate how honest his dad has been about the experience. I wish they could get an answer just so they can stop tormenting themselves constantly wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire