OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#49

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
The 8 counts of aggravated murder and the other 14 felony counts look pretty solid to me, looks like a 25% And 25% And 25% And 25% effort from all 4 put together. He was the key player in the escape and revenge talks, he was the most vocal and was involved in multiple conversations.

I agree. And as far as an A-team, G4 being 20 years younger would make up for any difference in physical fitness in this case, between G3 and G4. I think he was all in from the get.

BBM

Plea or no plea, no, he will never be released. Think:

Leslie Van Houten

Except in the case of WitSec, which I don't think there's a snowball's chance of happening, there would be no time to served at all usually, imoo.

Except in the case of WitSec, which I don't think there's a snowball's chance of happening, there would be no time to served at all usually, imoo.

Off topic, Regarding Van Houton, moo, the woman has been a model prisoner. She's been granted parole by the parole board how many times?? They have made a mockery of the parole system. 2 sentences of 7 years to life to run concurrently? She's done her time. Let her out. The cult leader is dead. Everyone else has died in prison or been paroled, right? Let her out already, under supervision.

Off topic, Regarding Van Houton, moo, the woman has been a model prisoner. She's been granted parole by the parole board how many times?? They have made a mockery of the parole system. 2 sentences of 7 years to life to run concurrently? She's done her time. Let her out. The cult leader is dead. Everyone else has died in prison or been paroled, right? Let her out already, under supervision.

Before I get blasted on my Van Houton comment, yes, I would welcome her under supervision as my neighbor...as opposed to my current neighbors (2) who aren't under supervision and serious whackadoos. (A little salty tonight. Sorry.)

This is JMO but if I had to pick an 'A' Team from the W4, it would be GW3 and JW only. The other two look really soft. I would look at the most physically fit, just in case things went off side, and running through the woods was a requirement. I think Johnny B.B. stated this same thing earlier in this thread. GW4, IMO was not a key player in these murders.

I go back and forth. I have pondered on it being only the two brothers, a lot. Then, as we know, G4 had a lot to lose. I wonder if his talk of revenge, was just that, talk. He's verbally backing his family, all the while hoping it never comes to that. Is he in there thinking, I promised, and they promised, that whoever turned, was going to face consequences. He may not be 100% that they'll be found guilty. If he rolls on them, and something happens and one or more still aren't found guilty, then he has no place to go. He's an outcast. They are free. What does he do? Where is his child? If he has nothing, how can he even fight to regain his custody or visitation? It would probably be supervised visitation too, considering he's already taken him out of the state, once. So he'd have to stay close if he wanted to see him. I'm rambling, I know, but G3, even if innocent, is in a tough spot, imo.

Next Wednesday:
George IV

7/24 (1:30) PRE-TRIAL
7/24 (1:30) MOTION HEARING

This past Thursday:

7/18 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S REQUEST FOR NOTICE OF STATE'S EVIDENCE (MOTION 8)

7/18 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION FOR DISCLOSURE OF EXCULPATORY AND IMPEACHMENT EVIDENCE (MOTION 9)

7/18 STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO COMPEL DISCLOSURE OF AGGRAVATING FACTORS AND INFORMATION RELATING TO MITIGATING FACTORS (MOTION 10)

7/18 BILL OF PARTICULARS COPY TO PROSECUTOR

I have been looking at the pistols that JW posted to his FB 11 days after HR announced her and CH was in a relationship, the ones that JW shared with people was a match to the movie Punisher it looked identical to them, was that some kind of message JW wanted HR to have? JMO I think the Wagners watched to many movies.

Do you have a link?

BBM

Thomas Jane Custom 1911s

YJYQ2W3XPTCZ22WDCDFJLYCPOU.jpg

Castle's twin custom 1911A1s from The Punisher (2004). Note the custom compensators on the barrels. The same gun case as the 1911s we also see a Colt 1851 Navy, a Colt Single Action Army, and a LeMat 1861 percussion cap revolver.photo from imfdb.org
Before the massacre, Frank's father shows him a pair of 1911A1s he says he finally finished customizing, which struck quite a cord with many a-1911 fan.

Glock 17
QHBRZV45RRZYF4FSP5VMVSBJPQ.jpg

Castle fitting a shoulder stock on his two-toned Glock 17 which he then fits with a 33-round magazine. But he never actually uses it.photo from imfdb.org
During a preparation montage, we see Frank affix a stock to a 3rd Gen Glock 17 with a stainless slide. He then adds a 33-round magazine to the pistol, but unfortunately, he is never seen using it again.

Colt Officer's 1911
FGPWW2UHCB52HGBLKMHF3DP4FA.jpg

Castle uses a Colt Officer's 1911 when posing as a foreign arms dealer in the movie's prologue.photo from imfdb.org
Smith & Wesson Model 66
V33L7CZPFZSSHT5ERIUBDO4SKU.jpg

Frank looks at the smashed barrel of his hidden S&W Model 66.photo from imfdb.org
During the fight with The Russian, Castle retrieves a Smith & Wesson Model 66 from a custom secret drawer he installed in his apartment, only to have the barrel crushed by the bad guy's superhuman strength before he can get a shot off.

Savage/Stevens 311A
J56N3CFDCVSXITOVD3KHMXCHGE.jpg

Frank and Frank Sr. fire Savage/Stevens 311A shotguns at the team of assassins.photo from imfdb.org
During the massacre at the Castle home, Frank and his father both arm themselves with Savage/Stevens 311A double-barrel break action shotguns and take down a number of bad guys before they're both shot, Castle Sr. fatally.

Thanks, Cool Cats! Had never heard of this movie. JW seemed obsessed with violent B movies and the guns, tattoos and other props. Really obsessed.

TIL there's a version of IMDB which covers firearms used in movies. Aren't these guns expensive? How were the W's able to afford so many unique firearms?
If this is the movie JW liked, it seems he got the plot line reversed a little

The Punisher (2004) - IMDb

An undercover FBI agent becomes a vigilante assassin and sets out to unleash his wrath upon the corrupt businessman who slaughtered his entire family at a reunion.

If this is the movie JW related to, he seemed to be obsessed with viewing the Rhodens as "corrupt businessmen" who were a threat to his family. Talk about psychological projection. I wonder if some of JW's paranoia came from his alleged drug use.

Last edited:
Thanks, Cool Cats! Had never heard of this movie. JW seemed obsessed with violent B movies and the guns, tattoos and other props. Really obsessed.

TIL there's a version of IMDB which covers firearms used in movies. Aren't these guns expensive? How were the W's able to afford so many unique firearms?
BBM

Or the four wheelers, cars, trucks, hunting trips, vacations, etc., also.... They had a lot of expensive "toys", and vacations to Alaska are not cheap. I've wondered from early on where that money came from. Did FW buy those things for them, or did they work for her to afford them? You do not hear much about steady jobs that JW or GW4 had and apparently GW3 was not considered to be employable if he was on SSI. My opinions only....

BBM

Or the four wheelers, cars, trucks, hunting trips, vacations, etc., also.... They had a lot of expensive "toys", and vacations to Alaska are not cheap. I've wondered from early on where that money came from. Did FW buy those things for them, or did they work for her to afford them? You do not hear much about steady jobs that JW or GW4 had and apparently GW3 was not considered to be employable if he was on SSI. My opinions only....

Agree, they also apparently spent a lot of time watching movies. The obsession with these violent vigilante movies tells us something.

An undercover FBI agent becomes a vigilante assassin and sets out to unleash his wrath upon the corrupt businessman who slaughtered his entire family at a reunion.

If this is the movie JW related to, he seemed to be obsessed with viewing the Rhodens as "corrupt businessmen" who were a threat to his family. Talk about psychological projection. He sees himself as some kind of savior. I wonder if some of JW's paranoia and delusions of grandeur came from his alleged drug use.

If this is the movie JW related to, he seemed to be obsessed with viewing the Rhodens as "corrupt businessmen" who were a threat to his family. Talk about psychological projection. I wonder if some of JW's paranoia came from his alleged drug use.

BBM
There was definitely a thought process in that family that is different than the "norm" in society, in my opinion. What caused that would be interesting to know. It sure seems to me that some paranoia and delusion was involved but what caused it? They seemed to have had an "us or them" thought process, also, since they had to murder eight people to make sure it was not "them"...
My opinions only...

JMO, this could be way off but I think HR saw the Wagners hurt someone really bad and JW was sending a message to her thru photos of the guns on his FB 11 days after HR announced her relationship with CG and another thing was CG scared to see HR again, maybe he was threaten or what, I guess will have to wait to see, JMO

I think they were able to afford expensive firearms because they were involved in an illegal enterprise, after all none of them worked a steady job yet were able to buy a semi truck, ATV's, new pickup trucks, expensive firearms, a 200 thousand dollar house, ect. They didn't afford all that on Billy's SSI and Jake and George's spotty work records.

JMO

I think they were able to afford expensive firearms because they were involved in an illegal enterprise, after all none of them worked a steady job yet were able to buy a semi truck, ATV's, new pickup trucks, expensive firearms, a 200 thousand dollar house, ect. They didn't afford all that on Billy's SSI and Jake and George's spotty work records.

JMO
I wonder if the IRS is going to investigate also?

Especially since none of the problems or murders had anything to do with him or his son. We don't know if he was involved with the murders, if he was, was it voluntary, or was he browbeat into it. It is so strange knowing so little about what went on...
I doubt it was his idea, but he was still involved so he’s just as guilty as the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288