CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drug mules? Hardly. Cartels are corporations, with private jets, to drop off drugs at private air fields, to load into trailers.

The days of "nickel and dime" operations are few and far between now. Why bother? You can cook meth by the truckload, same with processing other drugs. Marijuana is legal now in so many places it is hardly an issue of smuggling.

Sure, there are still small operators, bringing in Oxy, to sell in Vegas, but they don't bother with killing folks. They don't want the drama. Leave this stuff for the writers of "Breaking Bad". KISS.

The last person who saw the victim, who is the closest person to the victim, is usually, statistically, the perpetrator.

I no longer trust my own instincts to determine a persons guilt based on statements during the heat of the moment. I’ve eaten crow too often. Now I will say that IMO being a motormouth = nervousness. He offers a lot of details but few that offer actionable helpful info. He may just be kooky. He needs a lawyer and some friends and family support around him pronto.

If not allowable any longer, please delete. Barbara Thomas (Wrenne), 69 - Bullhead City, AZ Background Report at MyLife.com™

Looks like this Barbara owned her own company? Perhaps the nephew knows, as he was asked about finances already, but I missed the answer.

note: Henderson Nevada also mentioned

It appears the company information at the link is associated with not this missing person, but a person with the same name as the missing person. The company and person name in the posted link appear to be working in the real estate market in one of the Carolinas and the person is possibly not in the corresponding age range as the missing hiker BT, so that part of the link info seems possibly a mistaken association.

IMO/JMO/MOO

It appears the company information at the link is associated with not this missing person, but a person with the same name as the missing person. The company and person name in the posted link appear to be working in the real estate market in one of the Carolinas and the person is possibly not in the corresponding age range as the missing hiker BT, so that part of the link info seems possibly a mistaken association.

IMO/JMO/MOO

I believe you are right. I don't trust the info on MyLife to be accurate.

I hear you. I m so torn apart about Barbara and Robert esp Barb. I want to believe in Robert and have mixed feeling about wheather he s telling us everything etc. Its an awful thing to have a spouse disappear b/c then the reporting spouse becomes the person of interest in most cases. I keep praying for a miracle but how can Barb be alive if there is NO water there???? Prayers for all impacted by this unfortunate event.

Just FYI, WS pals... I asked a moderator on the 1st thread if my life was allowed here and was told no. Only links from MSM and LE are allowed. (And any public SM accounts for Barbara if anyone can find any.)

I hear you. I m so torn apart about Barbara and Robert esp Barb. I want to believe in Robert and have mixed feeling about wheather he s telling us everything etc. Its an awful thing to have a spouse disappear b/c then the reporting spouse becomes the person of interest in most cases. I keep praying for a miracle but how can Barb be alive if there is NO water there???? Prayers for all impacted by this unfortunate event.

I’m curious, do you know them personally? I’m asking because of your reference to “Barb”, sounded like you were familiar. :)

Here’s what I’m struggling with.... in the interviews, RT jumped right to abduction, not anything such as she might have wondered off looking for rocks, it would be like her to get disoriented etc.... so it’s hard for me to have a theory like that if her own husband doesn’t. IMHO, an out of the blue abduction doesn’t make sense to me either. MOO

When was the interview done? A few days later, right?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

To echo @Kapua as well, I may be naive, but this missing hiker lady looks very wholesome. Not saying wholesome folks don’t sometimes get tangled up in things too; I’m just not getting that feel here.

Hopefully there is no foul play involved and the lady may have just become very disoriented with the heat or accidental injury and perhaps a passing vehicle spotted her and took her somewhere to get medical care and help.

The extensive media coverage and publicity of this missing person, and the search for her is still ongoing, so if a “Good Samaritan” did assist and transport her to safety (which I would like to hope), it would make more sense if the caregivers realized this lady is consistent with the description of the missing person and called in to law enforcement for assistance with reunifying the family. Hopefully if any pickup occurred, it’s good people who will continue with efforts to help.

Prayers for you and yours @dbdb11 and for all the searchers — keeping your family and BT and the searchers in my heart during this awful stressful anxious time of looking for BT in the difficult conditions of the Mojave.

Thank you for becoming a verified insider on WS to help folks learn more about BT and the circumstances of her disappearance with the hopes that this might help identify potential leads in the search for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe LE has had no press conferences. I'm glad they're updating on SM but that way they are conveniently avoiding answering any questions from reporters. Does anyone know if this is the norm for this particular LE?

I can't believe LE has had no press conferences. I'm glad they're updating on SM but that way they are conveniently avoiding answering any questions from reporters. Does anyone now if this is the norm for this particular LE?

From my previous experience, SBCS is particularly tight lipped even to family. (My friend’s sister went missing from my neighborhood a couple years ago and the case was eventually moved to SB LE.) I’m basing my opinion on that.

Last edited:
No creeks there.. Does anyone know if theres any big cats in that area?

As a general rule, if there are herds of deer, or other large herbivores, then you may have mountain lions. If there isn’t a good supply of large herbivores, then you will only get an occasional mountain lion traveling through to better territory. (Even in places where mountain lions have established territories near human populations, attacks on humans are very rare.)

So, look at the vegetation and water supply and see if herds of deer seem likely.

There are mountain lions, but attacks are incredibly rare.

Fatal attacks even more so.

If something like that happened, there would almost certainly be signs.
Indeed, the Golden State has its fair share of mountain lions - probably more farther north. I found this interesting list of incidents involving mountain lions attacking humans. As MassGuy said, this is rare. (ETA 14 attacks between 1986 and 2014, only 3 fatal.)
Verified Mountain Lion-Human Attacks (1986-2014)

The thing that spikes my hinky meter is that the circumstances of her disappearance are ALMOST TOO PERFECT (no witnesses, isolated area, no evidence of crime)...In other words, if someone had devised a scenario to "disappear" someone else, this would be the perfect set up for it. Like it's almost "too good to be true," but in a very bad sense

I can see that except don’t lots of people vacation in places like that with no one else around? If that’s so, wouldn’t bad (and good) things have to happen with no witnesses? I keep wondering about quicksand (no idea where that even occurs and it’s too unlikely to consider)/abandoned wells, sinkholes, etc. What wild animals live out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member