NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up to my post on page 32:

This is a doozy!

Who Was Jeffrey Epstein Calling? A close study of his circle — social, professional, transactional — reveals a damning portrait of elite New York.
By The Editors
Reporting by Brock Colyar, Kelsey Hurwitz, Charlotte Klein, Ezekiel Kweku, Amy Larocca, Yinka Martins, Adam K. Raymond, Matthew Schneier, Matt Stieb, and James D. Walsh

The High Society That Surrounded Jeffrey Epstein

Follow up to my post on page 32:

This is a doozy!

Who Was Jeffrey Epstein Calling? A close study of his circle — social, professional, transactional — reveals a damning portrait of elite New York.
By The Editors
Reporting by Brock Colyar, Kelsey Hurwitz, Charlotte Klein, Ezekiel Kweku, Amy Larocca, Yinka Martins, Adam K. Raymond, Matthew Schneier, Matt Stieb, and James D. Walsh

The High Society That Surrounded Jeffrey Epstein

What a list! Some are complicit and many are cringing and wishing their names had been written in invisible ink.

SBM

Makes sense--that and having friends in high places. As an example, I just posted an article with a video showing Anthony Weiner moving back in with Huma today.
It's the same in other walks of life too - look at the way the Catholic church covered up for abusive priests, look at the way Hollywood A Listers queued up to support Roman Polanski.

As Judge Berman rightly pointed out in his document denying bail, paying for your own guards doesn’t exactly ensure compliance.

PBSO was basically being bribed.
The case in Florida was treated like one big joke between the guys. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Fool the girls into thinking the system worked BY NOT TELLING THEM how well it was working for the rich perp. That jail sentence was an insult to all of us who respect and expect an a honest justice system. I think that every single person involved with JE's sentence knew exactly how corrupt it was. imo

I don't know what is sicker - JE's crimes or the corrupt people who enabled him every step of the way. I kind of think the corrupt enablers are worse.

Makes me so angry that the girls were never, ever respected in Florida. I hold out hope that NY will be different. So far, so good.

Infuriating case.

jmo

Last edited:
This is all you see
07/22/2019 33 SEALED DOCUMENT placed in vault. (rz) (Entered: 07/22/2019)

Regarding the sealed document, I googled to see if the judge had ruled on GM’s request in the civil suit for the documents to remain sealed. This is all I found from yesterday, quoted below. To summarize, the documents are still sealed but scheduled to be unsealed. However GM is protesting the unsealing, and that will be decided possibly July 24, so I don’t think the sealed document referred to above could be hers as it currently is sealed. So I’m back to wondering what was sealed today.

From the article:

A judge could decide on July 24 how and when to unseal a trove of documents -- some 2,000 pages worth -- in connection with a civil lawsuit filed by an Epstein accuser against his one-time companion Ghislaine Maxwell. The papers may reveal allegations of sexual abuse involving people described in court filings as “prominent individuals.”

That civil suit and its remnants have been in the courts for four years. But, in a startling coincidence of timing, an appeals panel ruled just three days before the wealthyfinancier was taken into custody on July 6 that the documents should be unsealed. The long-running Epstein saga entered a new chapter.

Snip

Maxwell, daughter of the late British publisher Robert Maxwell, asked on July 17 that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit reconsider the unsealing order, saying the media’s “furious feeding frenzy” over Epstein justifies keeping the documents under wraps.

If the request is granted, the documents won’t be unsealed anytime soon, and it’s unclear whether the lower-court judge, Loretta Preska, will hold the scheduled hearing.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

I’m losing track of previously posted articles, so my apologies if this is a repeat. Now 49 year old Maria Farmer’s art career was vengefully destroyed by Epstein and Maxwell. And he and Maxwell sexually abused her 15 year old sister. Maria was 25 when she met Epstein.

The year after Farmer first met Epstein, he called her and said he wanted someone “to help him with acquiring art.” She agreed to take the job, which she says included both buying art and monitoring who came into his New York City apartment. During this time, she says she saw numerous young girls come to the house, some of them still wearing their school uniforms. She also claims she frequently saw Dershowitz there, and that he would sometimes go upstairs to where the girls were led.

That summer, Epstein arranged for Farmer to work on an art project at the Ohio mansion of his friend, billionaire businessman Leslie Wexner. At one point, Epstein and Maxwell came for a visit and sexually assaulted Farmer, she says in the affidavit.

“I fled from the room and called the sheriff’s office but did not get any response,” she wrote. “The Wexner’s security staff refused to let me leave the property. I pleaded with them and my father drove up from Kentucky to Ohio to help me. I was held against my will for approximately 12 hours until I was ultimately allowed to leave with my father.”

When Farmer returned to New York she was “terrified” of the pair, who she says repeatedly called her making threats. “Maxwell and Epstein contacted my art clients and individuals in the art community in an effort to ruin my art career,” she wrote. They “were successful and I was shut out of all art related opportunities.”

Jeffrey Epstein's Latest Accuser Is an Artist Who Claims the Billionaire Sex Offender Lured Her in With Promises to Help Her Career | artnet News

Last edited:
Regarding the sealed document, I googled to see if the judge had ruled on GM’s request in the civil suit for the documents to remain sealed. This is all I found from yesterday, quoted below. To summarize, the documents are still sealed but scheduled to be unsealed. However GM is protesting the unsealing, and that will be decided possibly July 24, so I don’t think the sealed document referred to above could be hers as it currently is sealed. So I’m back to wondering what was sealed today.

From the article:

A judge could decide on July 24 how and when to unseal a trove of documents -- some 2,000 pages worth -- in connection with a civil lawsuit filed by an Epstein accuser against his one-time companion Ghislaine Maxwell. The papers may reveal allegations of sexual abuse involving people described in court filings as “prominent individuals.”

That civil suit and its remnants have been in the courts for four years. But, in a startling coincidence of timing, an appeals panel ruled just three days before the wealthyfinancier was taken into custody on July 6 that the documents should be unsealed. The long-running Epstein saga entered a new chapter.

Snip

Maxwell, daughter of the late British publisher Robert Maxwell, asked on July 17 that the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit reconsider the unsealing order, saying the media’s “furious feeding frenzy” over Epstein justifies keeping the documents under wraps.
If the request is granted, the documents won’t be unsealed anytime soon, and it’s unclear whether the lower-court judge, Loretta Preska, will hold the scheduled heaBloomberg - Are you a robot?
The document I posted above was sealed by Judge Berman

upload_2019-7-22_20-26-24.jpeg

If the request is granted, the documents won’t be unsealed anytime soon, and it’s unclear whether the lower-court judge, Loretta Preska, will hold the scheduled hearing.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
BBM

The "furious feeding frenzy" is an excuse to keep the docs sealed? Not in my opinion.

There is interest in the story because people are outraged. And they are outraged because the claims about how GM procured girls for sex are concerning (to put it mildly).

I don't think crimes should be hidden because the media and public want them exposed to the light of day. If she were an innocent bystander caught up in the coverage, I could understand her request to keep the document sealed. But she's not an innocent bystander, imo.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member