MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So She was home with her roommates by midnight, but then left later on, without telling them she was going out?

Was she close with her roomies? It seems like she would have said something to them, if they were close friends. Like " I'm going to the mini-mart, do ya'all want anything?' OR ' I am meeting up with that hot guy I met at that party. I'll call you later..."

But she just quietly left. I wonder where she was headed.:(

And found 30 minutes from campus...:eek:

Neighbors say Burford Ridge is a destination -- you don't get there by mistake.

U. Mississippi Student Is Found Dead 30 Miles from Campus — and Foul Play Is 'Apparent'

A statement from the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department identifies the victim as Alexandria “Ally” Kostial.

Kostial’s remains were recovered dumped in Harmontown, Mississippi, by officers on routine patrol, the statement explains.

Kostial’s body was found at around 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.

The Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department is working with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigations, the Mississippi Crime Lab Crime Scene Unit, the University of Mississippi Police Department and Oxford Police Department in determining how Kostial died, and by whose hands.

Police confirm that they are pursuing a number of leads as the investigation continues.

Kostial was working on a bachelor’s degree in marketing in the School of Business Administration at the University of Mississippi.

Her cause of death has not been disclosed by police.

What happened to Ally Kostial? Details start to emerge

Ally Kostial, 21, was last seen stopping at the door of a bar on the square Friday night. She didn’t go in, she just turned and walked out of the camera’s view.

Authorities close to the case say she went home around midnight, but at some point she left the house again. Her roommates didn’t hear her leave.

That deputy found her body, shot eight times, as he patrolled.

Maybe I am just picking at details and trying to read between the lines but this doesn't make sense to me. In one spot it says she was last "seen" stopping at the door of a bar and it mentions a camera.

Then it says she went home, left again but her roommates did not hear her leave. So how do they know that? It can't be from a roommate account as they did not hear her leave. It probably is not from a camera or they would not say "last seen" at the door of a bar. Her phone? A witness besides a roommate--but if that was the case--she would not have been "seen" after the camera at the bar where she was "last seen"...

Maybe I am making too much of it but they know somehow she got home, left her home, etc. yet was not "last seen" there...

Jmo.

What happened to Ally Kostial? Details start to emerge

Ally Kostial, 21, was last seen stopping at the door of a bar on the square Friday night. She didn’t go in, she just turned and walked out of the camera’s view.

Authorities close to the case say she went home around midnight, but at some point she left the house again. Her roommates didn’t hear her leave.

That deputy found her body, shot eight times, as he patrolled.

Shot 8 times? :eek:

Somewhere there is a very messy crime scene. Who has replaced their flooring, or gotten new carpet recently? Or patched holes in their walls and painted out of the blue? Anyone quickly sell their car or have their car turn up "stolen" and burned? I hope she communicated on her phone with whomever she might have been going back out to see after midnight. I also hope they are canvassing all area businesses and homes collecting surveillance video. MOO.

Maybe I am just picking at details and trying to read between the lines but this doesn't make sense to me. In one spot it says she was last "seen" stopping at the door of a bar and it mentions a camera.

Then it says she went home, left again but her roommates did not hear her leave. So how do they know that? It can't be from a roommate account as they did not hear her leave. It probably is not from a camera or they would not say "last seen" at the door of a bar. Her phone? A witness besides a roommate--but if that was the case--she would not have been "seen" after the camera at the bar where she was "last seen"...

Maybe I am making too much of it but they know somehow she got home, left her home, etc. yet was not "last seen" there...

Jmo.

I assumed it meant that the roommates heard her come home around midnight but did not hear her leave. The bar camera is evidence that for at least part of the evening she had been in the Square in Oxford where there are quite a few bars. Doesn't say whether she was alone or with anyone outside the bar.

Eight times...yikes.
Sounds like rage overkill. They said she went back home after she stopped at the bar without going in? I wonder who her roommates are.

She has a lot of female friends with her in photos. This could even be a jealous female GF of someone she’s dated.

Edit: @InspectGadget looks like we were thinking the same and you beat me to it. :)

Jmo.
Maybe the roomies never saw her, but were in bed, and could hear her return home. They fell asleep and never heard her leaving? But she may have left something there that showed she did return at one point? Maybe changed clothes?

Being that a gun was used A female perp keeps popping in my mind.

A fanciful, possibly unlikely speculation keeps jumping into my brain. It may be far fetched, but it might fit the few facts that we know.

Perhaps a jealous girlfriend thinks the victim was getting too close to her boyfriend. A jealous love triangle of some kind?

So the jealous gf uses her boyfriends cell, to lure the victim to a dark parking lot somewhere?

AK thinks she is meeting up with her crush but instead, she is confronted by a jealous girlfriend armed with a gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288