CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw a timeframe for the woman who passed Lucas and Chynna 20 mins apart from her Husband. However since we've learnt of the sightings by the road crew later in the evening, that witness sighting is perhaps not so crucial to piecing together the overall time flow of events.
I can't remember offhand but it was quite a bit earlier in the afternoon, like the husband around 3:30 PM and the wife shortly before 4 PM. I want to say it was before 4 PM because after they came forward, LE was asking for witnesses who saw them from 4 pm that afternoon to the time they were discovered the next morning.

Just MOO. Will have to dig around for confirmation.

Edited to add: I cannot find an exact time, but this article quotes her and also notes they're looking for witnesses after 4 PM. So, I do think whatever time she and her husband drove by was before then. The other couple is variously cited as seeing them around 3 or 3:30 PM, depending on the source--another reason I suspect the husband and wife traveling separately saw them a little later.
What happened to tourist couple found dead on Alaska Highway?

Last edited:
Over on the thread about Kam & Bryer, the missing teens seen near Dease Lake is the rather startling finding that not only was their vehicle stolen and burned, but he camper was removed from the vehicle before it was burned.

I think this really complicates things = maybe it signifies the the two young men are likely murdered in the theft of the camper top and that some perp out there has a great need to conceal their vehicle from surveillance. So one train of thought (MOO, MOO) that

1. The perp was driving a full-sized pickup truck with a 6 foot bed

2. This is very likely the same person who killed Lucas and Chynna, because of his massive need to avoid detection by killing two more people to change the appearance of his vehicle.

3 OR - it is completely unrelated to the L&C murders and is some other bad stuff going on in the general area

campper.jpg

image.jpg

Please note: I don't want to mix the treads here and get in trouble with the moderators. This is a fairly startling piece of information that I think may be associated with the L&D murders. Or it may not. I just want people here to be aware of it.

Last edited:
Over on the thread about Kam & Bryer, the missing teens seen near Dease Lake is the rather startling finding that not only was their vehicle stolen and burned, but he camper was removed from the vehicle before it was burned.

I think this signifies the the two young men are likely murdered in the theft of the camper top and that some perp out there has a great need to conceal their vehicle from surveillance. So it tells me (MOO, MOO) that

2. This is very likely the same person who killed Lucas and Chynna, because of his massive need to avoid detection by killing two more people to change the appearance of his vehicle.

campper.jpg

image.jpg
Makes me think the deceased bearded man drove a pick up? And the perp removed the camper from the young men's vehicle and put it on the newly-stolen pick up?? Does that mean more than one perp at work?

jmo

There’s something that I have been holding off on saying ever since I found out that their bodies were in the same position. The uniformity of that makes me think that the shooting was point blank and execution style. Posting those latter two words together about this case really turns a screw in my stomach... that’s why I didn’t for so long, even though I was thinking it. But uniformity in their positions was apparently a striking detail.

Going off your post - makes me think they were laid that way so possibly shot in the van then placed outside after? Did the killer feel some remorse and want them to be found?

Those camper tops are not easy to just move from one truck to the other, especially with belongings in them.

The way the roof of the truck looks all buckled in like that makes me think the camper top took the brunt of the fire and its possibly fallen off/over/burnt. JMO

I have not checked the missing boys thread. Is there any thought that the boys could be the fugitives and possibly killed the unidentified man for his car?

Also the initial witness that saw the bearded man talking to the couple. Did she also see a second car? The bearded man's car? I haven't made it through all the posts but I know they were looking for a car with a black stripe; is that because she saw it with the bearded man?

Last edited:
I feel like the witness who found them would know it was gunshot if they were killed on roadside (he stated he couldn't tell what caused wound). Another thought, is a gunshot wound hard to decipher? I have no idea. Would they have been shot with a BB type gun if wound was so small and hard to tell by the witness?

I feel like the witness who found them would know it was gunshot if they were killed on roadside (he stated he couldn't tell what caused wound). Another thought, is a gunshot wound hard to decipher? I have no idea. Would they have been shot with a BB type gun if wound was so small and hard to tell by the witness?
I think it is more likely to be a smaller caliber pistol than a BB gun. I think on average a few people a year die from BB gun injuries, so it is possible to kill someone with one, but you're probably more likely to just put out somebody's eye.

As for whether a gunshot wound could be easily detected, I don't have firsthand knowledge of that. Since the guy is a road crew worker, I assume he is more likely used to dealing with accidents rather than shooting incidents and may not have had the necessary experience to determine that, so he stuck with what he saw (a small wound) rather than trying to identify what it was.

.223 rifle would usually be a less than 1/4 inch entry. In combat I have seen tiny 1/4 inch and remarkably clean entry and exit or clean entry and huge mass trauma exit. Same can happen with 9mm pistol round although slightly bigger entry.

If you are looking at a face down body that has been shot in the back of the head the entry wound could be totally covered by hair and while the face could be intact or profoundly traumatized. In fact an entry wound can look like a scratch or anything, lots of variables.

Those camper tops are not easy to just move from one truck to the other, especially with belongings in them.

The way the roof of the truck looks all buckled in like that makes me think the camper top took the brunt of the fire and its possibly fallen off/over/burnt. JMO
The campers are made so they can be transferred to another vehicle. Some people remove them at their campsites so they can drive their vehicle. It's not all that difficult, especially if you have a couple of people to help.
Example of a new camper in the showroom
s-l1600.jpg

Another view of the burned pickup
Note that the tailgate is down. You have the tailgate down to remove the camper. You have the tailgate up if the camper is on the vehicle. I see no sign that the camper was associated with that vehicle when it was burning and there is nothing around the burned vehicle that looks like what would be left of the melted plastic mass and contents

image.jpg

I think it is more likely to be a smaller caliber pistol than a BB gun.
It is Canada, rifles are plentiful especially in BC, ruger mini 14 is probably the most common rifle in Canada, and it is .223 (.223 inch or 5.56mm semi auto). But at this point it could be any gun. As you point out, doubtful it would be a bb/pellet gun

I think this really complicates things = maybe it signifies the the two young men are likely murdered in the theft of the camper top and that some perp out there has a great need to conceal their vehicle from surveillance. So one train of thought (MOO, MOO) that

3 OR - it is completely unrelated to the L&C murders and is some other bad stuff going on in the general area

campper.jpg

image.jpg

Please note: I don't want to mix the treads here and get in trouble with the moderators. This is a fairly startling piece of information that I think may be associated with the L&D murders. Or it may not. I just want people here to be aware of it.

would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of the source that says the boys' car was stolen? All i've seen so far is that it was found burning, but nothing about whether they determined it had been stolen or abandoned.

The campers are made so they can be transferred to another vehicle. Some people remove them at their campsites so they can drive their vehicle. It's not all that difficult, especially if you have a couple of people to help.
Example of a new camper in the showroom
s-l1600.jpg

Another view of the burned pickup
Note that the tailgate is down. You have the tailgate down to remove the camper. You have the tailgate up if the camper is on the vehicle. I see no sign that the camper was associated with that vehicle when it was burning and there is nothing around the burned vehicle that looks like what would be left of the melted plastic mass and contents

image.jpg
that is a better picture. You will notice the plastic tail lights are utterly gone, as are the tire. Plastics and rubbers burn like crazy. But I do concur that it is 99% the camper was removed first.
I also would have thought it was a three to four man job or fixed winch system to remove an install a pickup bed camper -- but youtube shows it is a one man job.

I think it is more likely to be a smaller caliber pistol than a BB gun. I think on average a few people a year die from BB gun injuries, so it is possible to kill someone with one, but you're probably more likely to just put out somebody's eye.

As for whether a gunshot wound could be easily detected, I don't have firsthand knowledge of that. Since the guy is a road crew worker, I assume he is more likely used to dealing with accidents rather than shooting incidents and may not have had the necessary experience to determine that, so he stuck with what he saw (a small wound) rather than trying to identify what it was.

I was thinking BB type gun if someone was living in the bush to fend off small animals for some reason if they didn't have access to a "real gun". Small caliber pistol makes sense too. I have always assumed gunshots are messy and not a clean wound, but that might depend on range one is shot and type of gun used.

.223 rifle would usually be a less than 1/4 inch entry. In combat I have seen tiny 1/4 inch and remarkably clean entry and exit or clean entry and huge mass trauma exit. Same can happen with 9mm pistol round although slightly bigger entry.

If you are looking at a face down body that has been shot in the back of the head the entry wound could be totally covered by hair and while the face could be intact or profoundly traumatized. In fact an entry wound can look like a scratch or anything, lots of variables.

Thank you. Good info. Sad to think about, but useful to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam