Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

So now I wonder if LE ever interviewed Etter???

They definitely looked into him though.

"We're not in a position where we're saying this guy has moved up on the priority list or anything like that. We continue to follow him as we would anyone else," said Sheriff Leazenby.

Carroll County's sheriff says investigators were already looking at Etter because his name had been called in to the tip line set up for the case."

Sheriff: Delphi murder investigators requested Etter autopsy results, DNA

It's easy to remove yourself. There are two threads that are within reach.
In the UK it is only doctors who would do this. In 40 years I have never heard of anyone removing their own. There is a risk of perforation of the uterus wall with IUD's so I don't think it is recommended. They can fall out themselves however, I believe. MOO.

From the link Fine Print posted:

"Even though it may be tempting, you should never try to remove your IUD by yourself. The same goes for asking a friend (or another unqualified person) to do so because this could cause serious damage."

Why would it be tempting? They're not a tampon.

In the UK it is only doctors who would do this. In 40 years I have never heard of anyone removing their own. There is a risk of perforation of the uterus wall with IUD's so I don't think it is recommended. They can fall out themselves however, I believe. MOO.
I've had many a patient do this. I suspect they were also acrobats

They definitely looked into him though.

"We're not in a position where we're saying this guy has moved up on the priority list or anything like that. We continue to follow him as we would anyone else," said Sheriff Leazenby.

Carroll County's sheriff says investigators were already looking at Etter because his name had been called in to the tip line set up for the case."

Sheriff: Delphi murder investigators requested Etter autopsy results, DNA

So this isn't clear whether his name was called in before the kidnap and rape incident. That would be significant if it was a tip before that even happened.

So this isn't clear whether his name was called in before the kidnap and rape incident. That would be significant if it was a tip before that even happened.

Yeah, it doesn't make it clear it was before the rape/suicide. LE's wording could go either way. I do not think PE is the killer. IMO

I've had many a patient do this. I suspect they were also acrobats
I have added a bit from Fine Print's article to my previous post. Would you recommend to your patients they can do that ? The article says specifically not to do it and I have to agree with that article. I am just a lay person though, not in the medical profession.

Yeah, it doesn't make it clear it was before the rape/suicide. LE's wording could go either way. I do not think PE is the killer. IMO
Well the DNA should exclude him in that case. Wonder how long to wait? There's no threat now he's dead so it may not even be expedited.

I have added a bit from Fine Print's article to my previous post. Would you recommend to your patients they can do that ? The article says specifically not to do it and I have to agree with that article. I am just a lay person though, not in the medical profession.

No, I wouldn't recommend it. Usually the story was period pain or wanting to get pregnant. But it's easy enough. The device folds in on itself a bit like an umbrella if you flipped it inside out.

Fortunately I'm now retired and can spend time doing this instead ;)

I know someone who removed hers herself and said it was excruciatingly painful. She couldn't afford the Dr. bill and read online you could do it yourself. She ended up in the hospital anyway due to pain and bleeding. I wouldn't consider that to be easy to do.

I am new here and haven't really checked out the site to see how it all works yet. I wanted to add some thoughts, and it ended up in a novel so I'm sorry for the long post. Ha.

I have some thoughts after skimming the GH video.

When I saw he brought up Delphi I was freaked out. After skimming it again just now I think maybe he brought it up because people kept messaging him about it. He says in the messages that a lot of people were messaging him, I'm sure a decent chunk of those messages were not as friendly as the one we see in the video. So maybe he was getting out ahead of it with this person messaging him.

<modsnip - discussion of another case>

Some statements that freaked me out:
"A couple hours of disregard for a woman equals 20 plus years of Earthly Purgatory"- A couple hours of disregard? This shows you he does not feel bad about what he did, he doesn't even really think it was a big deal. Also, more religious speak.
"You should be asking me why nature created men with such high libidos. I wore my wife out." - This is not something you commonly share with strangers. Also tells me he has certain viewpoint of women and that he does not take responsibility for his actions.
"I am most attracted to women with green eyes, some red hair and O negative blood. I CAN SMELL THEM when they walk in front of me. True animal attraction." (Paraphrased a bit)- This one freaked me out the most!
"The devil brought me that very girl. She had sold her soul to the devil some time before..she told me she was my female equivalent...she is scratched and bruised a little from her attempts to resist. She did much more damage to me." - He is either saying he asked the devil for a woman of his very favorite type or that the devil put one in his path to make him sin. The girl the devil sent to him was put there to be tortured because that is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil. Again, he takes no responsibility here. The devil made him do it and it is her fault she was a victim. It is also her fault she is 'a little' scratched and bruised because she resisted. Him saying she did much more damage to him also shows that he does not think what he did to her was that bad. I also pick up on the fact that this girl was SMART. She read her captor well and told him what he wanted to hear. And she got to live.
"She never shut up after she wore of her drink"- Again, his views regarding women are not positive. He also mentions her being drunk a lot. I want to say he comes off like he has a problem with people who drink but I also feel like I read somewhere that he had a drinking problem?
"My trophy" - OMG when I saw that picture! I'm assuming that is the victims. I have not heard stories from my friends saying that their IUD fell out/ accidently got pulled out/etc. I'm sure it happens. It just is very rare. The IUD gets placed at the top of the cervix and the strings are supposed to be in there too. I cannot imagine what he did to this poor girl to get himself his trophy. He is also in someone's house. The ceiling looks old and it appears that there is a bookshelf in the background. So he was definitely being helped by someone or he went back to one of his own properties.

He seems to make very random statements. Like he is typing the current thoughts in his head to this stranger. A lot of times these statements have nothing to do with the conversation and aren't generally things you'd share with a stranger. One example would be him talking about his joints and body pain. This one also makes me question how he could physically accomplish what he did if he is in such poor shape and if it would even be possible for him to be BG. Another is when he brings up how he identified which women he is attracted to the most and how they have a specific genotype. His obituary states the he was into genealogy. I guarantee this guy had DNA testing done through 23andMe or somewhere. So if they have DNA in the Delphi case, and he was the killer, that probably would have been connected already. When he talks about the women in Walmart he says 'a dozen young women'. His victim was a young woman. There are a few other things I can't remember rn but it appears he likes his women younger. "A young deputy came face to face with me, gun drawn. I COMMANDED him to back up and I turned and walked away." Again he mentions young. Maybe he has a need to control younger people in general. This also says he believes he had some magical power over the deputy. I do wonder if this is true, what happened and how did he get away? I know the police arrived as he was 'leaving his driveway'. This incensed me at the time. After Abby and Libby filming their murderer and the person still not being caught, I thought really?! This guy was in his driveway and you just let him go?

He mentions feminists and abortion. This statement tells me that he has a disdain for women for some reason and is probably religious. If he values the life of an unborn fetus, this may help explain why he dropped his victim off at her car. Also, that takes him another step away from being BG.

He seems to rotate between being overly trusting and paranoid. I find it so odd that he talked to this stranger like a best friend. Then he starts asking about LE. This could be paranoia or it could be that he is actually not as mentally ill as I think. One time it seems pretty obvious to me that she is trying to get information for LE. When she mentions the heat. That is like saying, "Hey. Are you still in Indiana?" So when he accuses her he actually seems to be very on top of things mentally. However, he takes her at her word and continues on talking.

It is pretty crazy that the victim pulled into a driveway and it just so happened to be owned by a sadistic person with some severe mental issues. I live pretty close to where this happened. I heard all the crazy sirens when they were doing the searches and stuff. It is a random road to be driving on at 4 in the morning. I assumed she had been drinking and slightly messed up her car causing the flat tire before he started mentioning it. Hopefully the poor girl was so drunk she doesn't remember what happened to her while chained. I'm not saying she was drunk for sure btw, it was just a thought that crossed my mind when I first heard about the event.

<modsnip - off topic>

His obituary asks people to donate to NAMI, which is the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Just catching up on the thread and wanted to say thanks for this great post! Well done, JCoopTip! Welcome!

I'm trying to not overstep my own boundaries for decency here.

How in the literal world did he know she had an IUD? Was he trying to impregnate her or something? My skin is crawling. o_O
I don't believe it belonged to the victim. I suspect it could have been from his ex or a previous gf. Maybe they gave it to him. MOO.

New suspect in double murder of teen girls in Indiana

Paul Etter blew his brains out on a county road in Indiana on June 27 during a standoff with cops.

But detectives are now crawling through every aspect of the convicted sex offender’s life.

Etter may hold the clues for investigators hunting the killer who murdered two teenage girls in rural Indiana in 2017.

“His name has come up through the process,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told reporters.

Cops are now trying to determine if Etter is the killer of teenagers Libby German and Abby Williams, who were both in Grade 8.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back