CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they are considered adults in some provinces. It's a province by province thing. In BC the age of majority is 19.
to clarify. provinces can set their own 'age of majority' for drinking, smoking, etc ... but here we are talking about the Criminal Code of Canada which is FEDERAL.
The Youth Criminal Justice Act is a FEDERAL act applicable to all provinces ... and the age considered a 'youth' is under 18 years.

This is my question, did the 3rd unidentified deceased victim own the 2011 gray (grey, since it's Canada) Rav-4

I was wondering how people who had only been working at Walmart for a short period of time would be able to afford a new vehicle, and I was going to ask where did this Rav4 come from? The only way I can seem to get from A to B is that they probably murdered that guy and took his car. MOO.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-centre-of-2-northern-b-c-mysteries-1.5221041

Schmegelsky's father, Al, described the pair as "best friends" who met in elementary school. They recently graduated high school and had just spent five weeks working at Walmart.

He said the boys found the Walmart gig, which was the their first job, to be disappointing, so they decided to head off on a trip in search of greener pastures.

"They're just kids on an adventure. They're good boys," he said.

they're 18 and 19 - they're not boys
they are adults
and Walmart was their first jobs at that age???!

to clarify. provinces can set their own 'age of majority' for drinking, smoking, etc ... but here we are talking about the Criminal Code of Canada which is FEDERAL.
The Youth Criminal Justice Act is a FEDERAL act applicable to all provinces ... and the age considered a 'youth' is under 18 years.
Good - glad to hear that.

Just to add, I am getting a Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris (Columbine High School) vibe from this.

Friends since they had been together in Elementary School, got jobs together at Walmart, head out on road trip together and the next thing you know people are being killed by these two (per LE).

I'm just getting that vibe. I don't think this is a spur of the moment thing. The targets were opportunity, but I'm now thinking that a plan may have been in place.

I will also venture a guess that these two were disgruntled employees. Not enough money, felt that they were better than working at Walmart. They became disillusioned or just plain po'd and off they went to "better" themselves somehow.

moo

As a side note that doesn't matter in this case: a youth CAN be sentenced as an adult in Canada.

"Alan Schmegelsky, Bryer’s father, said the pair, best friends since elementary school, had been working night shifts at Walmart in Port Alberni to save money for the trip.
“They’re best friends who did everything together,” Schmegelsky said. “They even got jobs together at Walmart. They were just out on an adventure.”"[/QUOTE]

RBBM, yeah, that's certainly one way to describe it.

Good - glad to hear that.

Just to add, I am getting a Dylan Klebold, Eric Harris (Columbine High School) vibe from this.

Friends since they had been together in Elementary School, got jobs together at Walmart, head out on road trip together and the next thing you know people are being killed by these two (per LE).

I'm just getting that vibe. I don't think this is a spur of the moment thing. The targets were opportunity, but I'm now thinking that a plan may have been in place.

I will also venture a guess that these two were disgruntled employees. Not enough money, felt that they were better than working at Walmart. They became disillusioned or just plain po'd and off they went to "better" themselves somehow.

moo
me too. same vibe from these childhood best buds.
i wouldn't be surprised if a 'manifesto' surfaces post-humously. ..er, sorry, i'm getting ahead too far ...

Wow, what a twist!

Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, from Port Alberni, British Columbia, are the main suspects in the slayings of 23-year-old Australian Lucas Fowler, and his American girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, who were discovered shot to death on July 15 along the side of the Alaska Highway near Liard Hot Springs, British Columbia.

The pair have been spotted in northern Saskatchewan, and are believed to still be traveling in a grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4.

suspects1.jpg

Kam-Bryer.jpg

Missing Canadian men now considered suspects in killings of couple, other man, police reveal

The pair have been spotted in northern Saskatchewan, and are believed to still be traveling in a grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4.
Canada's sparse population and a well publicized search may well work against them. They have a lot of places to run to in isolated parts of Canada, but very few places to truly hide where they will not stand out. Likewise, I doubt they have the language skills for Quebec.

These guys have little hope of staying on the run for long. They’re both 6’4” and have the choice of either a) continuing to travel in the northern regions, sticking out like sore thumbs on those quiet highways b) make their way south with increasing LE looking for them the farther they go or c) lay low in the bush with the wolves, bears, mosquitos and black flies.

In a weird way the fact that they are suspects is good news. It makes the situation more...contained...than when it was a complete mystery. With their long friendship and fairly hopeless situation I would not be completely surprised to see a Thelma & Louise type ending to this story.

As always, your heart just breaks for the utterly innocent victims. What a sad, tragic waste of beautiful lives.

So, they killed a guy and took his Grey RAV right?

Then they torched their own vehicle. But...there was no camper top on it. Where is that? Why would you remove the top? They didn't put it on another truck.

Hiding evidence of something?

As an aside, I saw video this morning of the couple who were murdered. It was taken at a gas station. I'm now wondering if LE has video of the two guys in the truck/camper at the same gas station. Maybe that's what keyed them into the realization that the "teens" crossed paths with the couple.

There doesn't seem to be a reason for the couple's murder. Why them?

So teens leave on road trip in their vehicle. Kill couple and leave bodies in the vehicle on the side of the highway. Next they kill some guy and steal his vehicle. Torch their own truck without the camper. Now they are somewhere in Northern Saskatchewan driving the deceased unidentified male's RAV.

Is this correct or did the male's murder happen first?

Just thinking out loud.

They can't give us anything more than 'northern Saskatchewan'? Most of the country would consider Prince Albert north, people from Alberta and BC won't start thinking north until La Ronge, and people from Saskatchewan won't start thinking north until La Loche. Throw us a bone, RCMP!

Then they torched their own vehicle. But...there was no camper top on it. Where is that? Why would you remove the top? They didn't put it on another truck.

As an aside, I saw video this morning of the couple who were murdered. It was taken at a gas station. I'm now wondering if LE has video of the two guys in the truck/camper at the same gas station. Maybe that's what keyed them into the realization that the "teens" crossed paths with the couple.

There doesn't seem to be a reason for the couple's murder. Why them?

So teens leave on road trip in their vehicle. Kill couple and leave bodies in the vehicle on the side of the highway. Next they kill some guy and steal his vehicle. Torch their own truck without the camper. Now they are somewhere in Northern Saskatchewan driving the deceased unidentified male's RAV.

Is this correct or did the male's murder happen first?

Just thinking out loud.

I believe you are right that the male's murder happened second. I'm just as confused as you are re: what happened to the camper.

As an aside, I saw video this morning of the couple who were murdered. It was taken at a gas station. I'm now wondering if LE has video of the two guys in the truck/camper at the same gas station. Maybe that's what keyed them into the realization that the "teens" crossed paths with the couple..

There is also the CCTV highway cameras. That red & gray pickup and camper would not be difficult to spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23