MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon-Theesfeld.jpg

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A 22-year-old man from Fort Worth has been arrested in connection with the murder of a female University of Mississippi student whose body was found near a lake over the weekend.

Brandon Theesfeld was booked into the Lafayette County Jail Monday. Theesfeld’s initial court appearance was Tuesday morning. He wore an orange prison jumpsuit and had his hands cuffed in front of him and his ankles shackled as he was led from the courthouse.

Theesfeld, also a senior at the University of Mississippi, is being held without bail.

Fort Worth Man Brandon Theesfeld Suspect In Murder Of Ole Miss Student Ally Kostial

thanks - I know nothing about guns - now of course I am wondering were they at close range?

Ack! Didn't even see your earlier post - we must have cross-posted! I'd just thought it might be useful information to consider. Sorry if it came across as smartass response to your post!

Ack! Didn't even see your earlier post - we must have cross-posted! I'd just thought it might be useful information to consider. Sorry if it came across as smartass response to your post!
no absolutely not at all - i've really been afraid of guns in general and so know nothing much about them except when i read or hear about a shooting. I didn't realize normal handguns could even hold 8 bullets - that's why i wondered if he had to stop and re-load to keep shooting which somehow makes it worse for me - a burst of 8 shots - either at close range or away from her is awful no matter what and I appreciate the information.

Brandon Theesfeld, a 22-year-old senior, was arrested Monday afternoon and is currently in custody at the Lafayette County Detention Center, the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department confirmed to The Daily Beast.

He was charged Tuesday at the Lafayette County Courthouse, just days after Alexandria “Ally” Kostial, an Alpha Phi sorority sister and rising senior at Ole Miss, was found dead by a deputy during his Saturday morning patrol near Sardis Lake.

The University of Mississippi said Theesfeld, a student in the School of Business Administration, has been suspended.

Ole Miss Student Charged With Ally Kostial’s Murder: Police

My daughter’s male friends did ‘did not like him’. They did not allow him into their fraternity. Unfortunately the press is harassing my daughters friends anyway. I told her he needs to call the police and report the reporters and get a restraining order

Interesting--the Heavy article had this:

"He also re-tweeted a Barstool Sports account with the caption, “very frat.” It is not clear if Theesfeld is a member of a fraternity at the University of Mississippi."

Yet it is very clear she was in a sorority, it is vague with regard to him and frat involvement.

From: Brandon Theesfeld: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

How in the world can we protect these young women? (I'm sure young men are victims as well but I'm focusing on these women - MT, SS, KL and now AK) I have been telling the young interns around me that they need to be more cautious of who they meet but this is a college boy who attended her school - how can you protect them from that? It just makes me heartsick. JMO
I agree. She was a winner.

He was going nowhere. And now he literally is going nowhere.

jmo

Interesting--the Heavy article had this:

"He also re-tweeted a Barstool Sports account with the caption, “very frat.” It is not clear if Theesfeld is a member of a fraternity at the University of Mississippi."

Yet it is very clear she was in a sorority, it is vague with regard to him and frat involvement.

From: Brandon Theesfeld: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
I suspect he was. The sports coat with bow tie picture looks very much like "The Grove fraternity boy on a football Saturday"

I think its very telling that he tweeted his song of the summer (after he killed Ally) as "You dropped a bomb on me" ...perhaps she did drop a bomb on him - such as she didn't want to see him anymore or wasn't interested in him, hence his rage.

I think its very telling that he tweeted his song of the summer (after he killed Ally) as "You dropped a bomb on me" ...perhaps she did drop a bomb on him - such as she didn't want to see him anymore or wasn't interested in him, hence his rage.
I wonder what his academic standing is. Is he on track to graduate on time? No shame in taking longer to graduate (I took longer than 4 years myself), but I wonder if he was doing okay with classes. She was on campus this summer teaching classes. What was he doing sticking around during the summer, I wonder.

I've noticed in other cases that the perp commits a horrible crime just as he is about to "fail to launch." It's sort of like a suicide but without having to kill yourself. Now he has an excuse not to be a success....because he committed murder. I'm not saying he planned to kill someone to excuse him from succeeding, but that subconsciously he sabotaged his life because he was unprepared for the next stage in life. It's the ultimate immature and selfish act, to be sure.

Total armchair analysis, speculation only, of course.

jmo

I had never seen the family picture before when she was little. It makes my heart break.

This article also stated twice that it is unknown if she was reported missing before she was found. That is something other articles have stated but it does make me wonder if perhaps she was because otherwise, one has to admit, they identified her pretty quickly. I mean she may have had ID on her but she was also shot 8 times. I wonder if she was reported missing otherwise because it was, again, pretty quick ID.

Jmo.

Therese Apel said they were romantically involved
This is what I heard, with additional "rumored" details. I just have to shake my head that this kid would resort to such extreme measures.

Even before I spoke with someone who knows members of the family, I figured that there had to have been a romantic entanglement to shoot someone eight times. I also speculated that someone might have texted or called her to meet up at the bar or some other place late that night.

Then, perhaps, when the conversation didn't go the way that this kid wanted it to go, he resorted to using her as target practice. He has some serious mental problems, at the very least.

I suspect that his family might have the money to hire good lawyers for him, sort of like George Hugeley's family did when he beat Yeardley Love to death.

I agree, I mentioned earlier too that what they refer to as overkill which was clearly present here, usually means there are intense emotions involved. Just what or why they cam about is still unknown for now.

If the rumors are true, that's not the bomb that she dropped on him...sad to say...I will say that it is very sick that he would tweet such a thing, though. I'm sure that this tweet after the fact will be used in court.

i just hope the "bomb" he is referring to was not any type of info that would make this a double homicide. (pure speculation, that's just the vibe i am getting here.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member