CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the murders covered on BBC but the connection to Kam and Bryer was not yet made. Came here and saw the update. Wow what a twist!
Very sad for Lucas and Chynna. They seemed to have the time of their lives. :(:(
I think they will be caught soon, hopefully without hurting anyone else. They certainly don't look very smart to me. LE seem to be on top of this and pulling out all the stops.
All MOO.

Maybe they hid the truck and went back to burn it to hide evidence. I guess that's the only possibility here.
or the fire isn't related. Perhaps some opportunistic person decided to steal the camper from what looked like an abandoned vehicle and destroyed the truck to cover their tracks. At this point, there are so many possibilities.

or the fire isn't related. Perhaps some opportunistic person decided to steal the camper from what looked like an abandoned vehicle and destroyed the truck to cover their tracks. At this point, there are so many possibilities.

I thought the body was found by the truck?

Could the body of the unidentified man be the man who was seen with the couple? Or was he already identified?

The whole issue of the man seen talking to them at 11:30 pm is now, IMO, irrelevant.

The teens were likely in their truck camper. Spotted the couple by the side of the road at some point. Maybe came back in the middle of the night.
That’s what I think. Kam could have been the bearded man. Cased them. Came back later to kill. Carjacked and killed the other man for his car.

This has all developed so rapidly today.

In the interest of public safety, I wish the RCMP would provide a little more detail about this sighting...24 hours ago in northern Saskatchewan is pretty vague! If the two of them took turns driving and continued fleeing eastwards, they could be as far as Sudbury, ON by now. Heck, that border crossing where Derek Whisenand crossed over from North Dakota is only about 10 hours south of Prince Albert, SK.

No this is not it. It was 17 minutes long. There were two posted the one I refer to is the 2nd one. It was recorded showing the passenger side of the van and Chynne washing all the windows. I wrote down the info..it was on page 44 of thread #1

It's the full version of gas station video the RCMP posted in their press release at yesterday's PC. There was a link to it back in the other thread. I just saw a portion of it in a news article where you could see a guy walking out of the store in the lower right corner of the photo. Just glimpse, but it did resemble Kam.

Will try to find it. So many articles have text and video that have been updated.

I'd think so too, but they were spotted in the area and the unidentified man was found soon thereafter. There's no solid proof of they being involved in either of those incidents (for lack of a better term), so possibilities are all we have. All my opinion only. It's just as likely that they did abandon the camper and truck, and an opportunist stole the camper and set the truck on fire.

It's the full version of gas station video the RCMP posted in their press release at yesterday's PC. There was a link to it back in the other thread. I just saw a portion of it in a news article where you could see a guy walking out of the store in the lower right corner of the photo. Just glimpse, but it did resemble Kam.

Will try to find it. So many articles have text and video that have been updated.
I watched the whole thing last night. The person I refer to walks past at about 2:20 into the video.
I also watched the reflections in the window opposite..you can clearly see vehicles going by that are out of camera view, unfortunately I did not see anything I thought to be useful. JMO

I'd think so too, but they were spotted in the area and the unidentified man was found soon thereafter.

first thing i'd do is find another car and torch my own, its step 1 in hiding your tracks to a crime and evidence

I watched the whole thing last night. The person I refer to walks past at about 2:20 into the video.
iv reposted five posts up for you

This has all developed so rapidly today.

In the interest of public safety, I wish the RCMP would provide a little more detail about this sighting...24 hours ago in northern Saskatchewan is pretty vague! If the two of them took turns driving and continued fleeing eastwards, they could be as far as Sudbury, ON by now. Heck, that border crossing where Derek Whisenand crossed over from North Dakota is only about 10 hours south of Prince Albert, SK.
DW left his vehicle behind though, in North Dakota and someone allegedly picked him up to drive him to Winnipeg. If teens attempt to do the same, they would be on foot. JMO

I thought the body was found by the truck?

Could the body of the unidentified man be the man who was seen with the couple? Or was he already identified?

Yes, they were discovered by a tow truck driver who had been called to tow their van. Perhaps Lucas had called them the evening prior.

ETA: Here is the video interview with the tow truck driver. He was at the scene when the male highway worker was called to help.

Key clue in northern B.C. double homicide investigation | Watch News Videos Online

Last edited:
I wonder if the 2 suspects either broke down or made it look like they broke down and flagged a car down. The person who was just trying to be helpful ultimately was killed and they took off in his vehicle. It's been said time and time again from people in this area that you kind of check on each other when you see someone broke down because of how deserted this area is.

Now the Websleuths thread that was in place for Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky seems to be gone??
Is that because they are no longer considered missing?
Maybe I am not looking in the right place?
There may have been valuable information in those posts? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member