Found Deceased NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

I'm so glad to see this posted. I'm a local, grew up in Centereach and regularly frequent The Katch at Venetian.Where is Tom? I, too, am wondering when his truck will show up. Our local News 12 has let this leave their radar and I encouraged some of his close friends thru SM to post here, as this community is the best of its' kind online.
Be great if channel 12 can report on this case and show a picture of his truck before memories fade.
Someone may have seen something.

Tom Kelsey was last seen at Katch, a restaurant in Venetian Shores Park in Lindenhurst nearly two weeks ago. Friends say they were with the 45-year-old when they say he told them he had to leave to go meet up with other friends and with a woman he met online. No one has heard from him since

I am assuming Tom was never able to meet with the 2nd group of friends and a woman. Where was the location of the 2nd meeting in relation to the Katch. If the location is known has the route been checked for any CCTV installed on traffic lights or commercial/residential building and has LE made any requests to retrieve and CCTV video. Have 2nd group of friends come forward and have they confirmed they were to meet with Tom the night. My apologies if above items have been discussed before.

Guessing we don’t know the other group of friends or location. Need some clues....where did he like to go? Any family around?
What band did he go see? Did he have a favorite bar or place he frequented?

The band was called Mean Machine. The latest news according to a Facebook group created is that his phone was last pinged in West Islip, which would have been on his way home. Originally they said 3am but that was retracted and there is no time. I've read different reports of him being on his way home because he had work the next day, and that he was meeting friends someplace.

There was mention that his friend that was at Katch texted him about 10:40 because she didn't get to say goodbye to him and he did not reply.

The band was called Mean Machine. The latest news according to a Facebook group created is that his phone was last pinged in West Islip, which would have been on his way home. Originally they said 3am but that was retracted and there is no time. I've read different reports of him being on his way home because he had work the next day, and that he was meeting friends someplace.

There was mention that his friend that was at Katch texted him about 10:40 because she didn't get to say goodbye to him and he did not reply.

Adding that I cannot link because FB is not available to me at work.

If I am repeating apologies..... does Mean Machine have a facebook page ? have they been alerted ? maybe they can help spread the word.....a lot of local bands have followings that go to wherever they appear...…...Is there a presser in the works ?? Need cohesive info !!!!

If I am repeating apologies..... does Mean Machine have a facebook page ? have they been alerted ? maybe they can help spread the word.....a lot of local bands have followings that go to wherever they appear...…...Is there a presser in the works ?? Need cohesive info !!!!

It appears Mean Machine does have a website. I didn't check Facebook:

MEAN MACHINE - Home

I believe a few people have reached out to the band. I had seen that some people were putting his photo up in the comments section of the bands FB page, but whoever was running the page was deleting them.

I'm going to be an optimist for a moment …… lets say Tom is alive and has stepped out of his life for awhile (for whatever reason) does anyone think he would stay put or move around ??? Bear with me WSers….any of you who know me know how my cawfeee bean can work.....I am wondering if he may have gone to a retreat center for a "reset" as it were......its been a couple of weeks....if he has any friends that come here is it possible ???? Thinking back is it possible that Tom just needed to get away for awhile ???? Maybe you can think of something he said etc that didn't register or give you pause at the time...…….

Cops do get lazy.
Sometimes they have to be pushed.
RSBM.

I don't think cops are lazy per se...it's more likely they are overwhelmed. Because of their workload...sometimes they need to be pushed. Absolutely agree with that.

Anytime a post has been made on their Facebook page it gets taken down.

I'm going to be an optimist for a moment …… lets say Tom is alive and has stepped out of his life for awhile (for whatever reason) does anyone think he would stay put or move around ??? Bear with me WSers….any of you who know me know how my cawfeee bean can work.....I am wondering if he may have gone to a retreat center for a "reset" as it were......its been a couple of weeks....if he has any friends that come here is it possible ???? Thinking back is it possible that Tom just needed to get away for awhile ???? Maybe you can think of something he said etc that didn't register or give you pause at the time...…….
I’ve thought of this, for sure. And if he IS in a facility, he won’t be found until he’s ready to come out. HIPPA takes patient privacy very seriously.

I wouldn't say Lindenhurst is a large city. My son lives in the next town over, and all these towns are relatively small, connected to each other by some local roads, main highways and the Long Island Railroad. Lindenhurst is the next to last stop on the Babylon line ( I ride it a lot to visit son and family). I'm assuming thew train parking lots have been searched in case he took that direction.

Also, my family are in that bay area a lot with their boat. It's not deep at all, surprisingly, and I'd think if he ran the truck into the water at some point, at least his truck would be noticed/found. All MOO. Hope some news comes soon about his being found safe.
I totally agree. Not big at all. These are small villages And water is certainly not deep enough for him to have driven into and gotten lost. The answer lies in his final stop for the night IMO. Does the friend say he didn’t show up to check out the band? MOO

I’ve thought of this, for sure. And if he IS in a facility, he won’t be found until he’s ready to come out. HIPPA takes patient privacy very seriously.
The facility can release limited information to LE. See:

45 CFR § 164.512 - Uses and disclosures for which an authorization or opportunity to agree or object is not required.
(2)Permitted disclosures: Limited information for identification and location purposes. Except for disclosures required by law as permitted by paragraph (f)(1) of this section, a covered entity may disclose protected health information in response to a law enforcement official's request for such information for the purpose of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person, provided that:

(i) The covered entity may disclose only the following information:
  • (A) Name and address;
  • (B) Date and place of birth;
  • (C) Social security number;
  • (D) ABO blood type and rh factor;
  • (E) Type of injury;
  • (F) Date and time of treatment;
  • (G) Date and time of death, if applicable; and
  • (H) A description of distinguishing physical characteristics, including height, weight, gender, race, hair and eye color, presence or absence of facial hair (beard or moustache), scars, and tattoos.

I’m a little perplexed at why it’s being speculated that Tom may be at a treatment facility so I went back through the thread to see if I’ve missed something. I don’t follow on Facebook, so I could have missed something there.

My understanding is…
  • Tom is 45 years old
  • Employed as a Limo driver
  • Drives a 2015 Yukon
  • Adores his dog, Sasha
  • It's extremely unlike him to not show up for work
  • He showed no signs of depression or stress the night he disappeared
  • Friend of 16+ years says he's an outstanding guy that has never had issues with anyone
  • His phone pinged in West Islip along the route to his home [unconfirmed - no link]
I would like to understand why this avenue is being suggested but unfortunately, I just have more questions.
  • Is Tom an alcoholic or drug user?
  • Has he been arrested or have charges that are drug/alcohol-related?
  • Does he suffer from mental illness (diagnosed or possibly undiagnosed)?
  • What kind of treatment facility would Tom be in and why?
  • Wouldn’t he notify his employer, friends, family...make arrangements for Sasha if he was entering treatment?
  • Is there a treatment facility on the way to his home near where his phone pinged?
  • Would the treatment facility disconnect the truck's OnStar or have a garage?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back