Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope just following the Delphi murders doesn’t make one a sicko...otherwise I’m in trouble!
Lol. Of course not everyone who follows these cases is a sicko ;)
But it does make me wonder how many perps are lurking on sites like this perhaps gaining info/ideas that they may use in future crimes or in eluding LE. There have been a few times I have refrained from posting certain information if I think it could be used in such a way.

Why would LE need the autopsy reports of PE if they have requested his DNA? What additional info will an autopsy report enlighten them with besides weight and height (weight could have changed in 2 yrs)? It won't provide a voice sample or what his gait was like.

Why would LE need the autopsy reports of PE if they have requested his DNA? What additional info will an autopsy report enlighten them with besides weight and height (weight could have changed in 2 yrs)? It won't provide a voice sample or what his gait was like.
IDK. Wound comparison? All I am saying is that could be one reason. Could be other reasons. I am really not familiar with autopsy reports at all.

But, I think the reason is that they just want to show a thorough investigation, as suggested by at least one other poster above.

I think it’s possible they came to a dead end with OBG and instead of it becoming a “cold case”, they scrapped everything and started from scratch with NBG sketch and a profile. The whole press conference unveiling the NBG seemed like they were reading a FBI profile imo. Perhaps they got a profile that the killer is someone who lives in the area or is familiar with it, a person who is all about power, age teen to 20s, someone who may have hung close to the investigation and possibly attends PCs. Thus all the direct talk with such conviction about who BG is. I still don’t think they have the real killer on their radar at all. MOO

I don't get this line of thinking either. If they know who's depicted in the sketch then why waste their own time and resources by asking the public to ID him? That's just hundreds, if not thousands, more tips that they'd have to go through when those man hours could be going to something more useful-like pressuring his peers, continuing the investigation into him, etc. Releasing a new sketch just encourages the very behavior that LE has tried to thwart-like comparing pictures of real people to him on social media. It's opened up a whole new can of worms that they're now probably trying to slog through.

Brookelyn Farthing is an 18 yo who disappeared close to me. In fact, our farm has been searched more than once because it's nearby and we have a lot of acreage. In that case, LE and the rest of the county knows the "who" but not the "why" or "where." It's been incredibly frustrating not to have an arrest, but we also know that for the past few years LE has been searching for evidence to tie the guy(s) to the crime. They're interviewing and pressuring all the people who may not be directly involved but possibly know something. Searches are still being undertaken. Stuff is happening in the investigation to move it forward. They're not asking the public for identification.

This is what I'm talking about. I dont want to bring up PE because he isnt the main focus of this thread but I'm just using him as an example of confirming your point early on. Somebody having absolutely nothing to do with this case only for the public and LE to bring some heat down on you simply for the fact you look like one of the sketches or look similar to the perp can be overwhelming.

Forget the original sketch. Police said forget it

Until they didn’t. That’s one of the problems with that press conference. So many misspeaks and corrections afterward that one must think it was solely aimed at the killer and those close to him.

It didn’t supply much information to the public and must have unleashed a mountain of useless “tips” that will further tie down resources. I wonder if they regret it.

I have a question about the sketches and wonder what everyone's thoughts are. So LE had a sketch done days after the murders, but choose not to release it. 6 months later they release a different sketch. What could have happened? LE had a witness days after that they thought was good enough to get a sketch, but shortly after thought the witness was not as important as they thought, so they didn't release it? Why? What could have made them rethink that initial sketch at the beginning? Was a person veering them away from that sketch? LE said to the killer at press conference, "you thought we wouldn't change directions, you were wrong." (I don't have actual quote in front of me.) I wonder, why get the sketch if you didn't think it was important? What changed in those days before and after sketch? Was someone close to the case messing with LE?
That guy represented by that sketch had an alibi. Police now have a reason to disbelieve the alibi. Maybe the alibi has been detained for another crime and has changed his/her story now. So they release the sketch. Old guy has now been discounted. MOO.
I have had another additional thought. The young sketch was done only two days afterwards. They didn't have Libby's video then. When they saw the video they thought it was an old guy so didn't release the new sketch. MOO.

But if the person had an alibi and LE now disbelieve it, that would mean they know who the person is, correct? So why even bother putting out the sketch if they know who the sketch is of?
They need more witnesses putting him at the trail that day? Maybe the 'alibi' is now deceased? Lots of reasons.

Scars?
from defence wounds or wounds accidentally selfinflicted by a possible knife he used in the doublemurder?

Unavailable to EU. Could you copy pasta 10% or provide a summary? Thx.

"Officials collected Etter’s DNA, but Phelps was unsure what evidence was sent to those investigating the murders of teens Libby German and Abby Williams of Delphi."

"He arrived in Boone County in a truck stolen from Tippecanoe County, authorities said. " Summary of partial article: The article states that officials in Tippecanoe County were trying to figure out who had been assisting Etter. (BBM) Boone County officials believe Etter was just driving through Boone County, but they also believe he may have family in Boone County.

Etter lived in Buck Creek, in northeast Tippecanoe County."

Last edited:
I have had another additional thought. The young sketch was done only two days afterwards. They didn't have Libby's video then. When they saw the video they thought it was an old guy so didn't release the new sketch. MOO.
On Wednesday, February 15th, law enforcement officers distributed a photograph of a person observed on the Delphi Historic Trail.

The first frame of the video was released on Feb. 15, the day after the bodies were found and the same day they confirmed the identity. Do we know which day the sketch was made? two days after the murders or two days after the bodies were found?

The first frame of the video was released on Feb. 15, the day after the bodies were found and the same day they confirmed the identity. Do we know which day the sketch was made? two days after the murders or two days after the bodies were found?
I recall it being Feb. 17th. Does anyone have that link?

"Officials collected Etter’s DNA, but Phelps was unsure what evidence was sent to those investigating the murders of teens Libby German and Abby Williams of Delphi."

"He arrived in Boone County in a truck stolen from Tippecanoe County, authorities said. " Summary of partial article: The article states that officials in Tippecanoe County were trying to figure out who had been assisting Etter. (BBM) Boone County officials believe Etter was just driving through Boone County, but they also believe he may have family in Boone County.

Etter lived in Buck Creek, in northeast Tippecanoe County."

Thanks for that. Is Lebanon Boone County? He does have family close to Lebanon.

BAC, possible drugs in system, condition of liver, needle tracks........
Blood type, fingerprints, hair sample.(pubic and head hair if he had any).

Another poster mentioned search warrant. He had access to several properties (his own or relatives) so they will need footwear (footprints), clothes, vehicles/reg numbers he had access to plus many other things. Not least, searching the land and properties for evidence of other crimes, remains and other "trophies". MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member