NY - Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein arrested on sex trafficking charges, 6 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:

Was an agreement made with the parents of victim Virginia Roberts to allow her to travel with Epstein?

I am not blaming anyone other than Epstein. I am just wondering how this young girl and others may have been permitted to travel with and be around him.

Question:

Was an agreement made with the parents of victim Virginia Roberts to allow her to travel with Epstein?
I am not blaming anyone other than Epstein. I am just wondering how this young girl and others may have been permitted to travel with and be around him.
I believe Virginia’s parents thought Epstein hired her away from the spa she worked at to be his private masseuse and she didn’t tell them about the abuse until later

Just a postponement

Does anyone understand the reason given for the postponement? “In light of the fact that a mandate has not yet issued from the court of appeals...”

Question:
Rsbm

Epstein and his procurers knew how to target girls who were vulnerable. And that includes girls with parents who either didn't care or believed lies about the travel.

jmo

Also Virginia’s parents probably thought it was ok since his girlfriend,Maxwell was with them
BBM

This is the 64 million dollar question and these are all good points. I think Epstein also “groomed” the parents if necessary. Back in the 1990’s there was less widespread information about the grooming of children by predators, so most parents were probably clueless about how children are groomed by predators. Epstein has been able to fool the rich and powerful, so it would not be difficult for him to allay their fears if they had any.

He may have given the impression (through what he told the girls) that he was providing “advantages” for their daughters that they couldn’t. Anyone who has ever raised a teenaged daughter know how persuasive they can be! We always joked that our daughter was born with a law degree. :D

But for the most part, he chose disadvantaged girls without much supervision and/or from unsophisticated/ignorant/dysfunctional families.

BBM

This is the 64 million dollar question and these are all good points. I think Epstein also “groomed” the parents if necessary. Back in the 1990’s there was less widespread information about the grooming of children by predators, so most parents were probably clueless about how children are groomed by predators. Epstein has been able to fool the rich and powerful, so it would not be difficult for him to allay their fears if they had any.

He may have given the impression (through what he told the girls) that he was providing “advantages” for their daughters that they couldn’t. Anyone who has ever raised a teenaged daughter know how persuasive they can be! We always joked that our daughter was born with a law degree. :D

But for the most part, he chose disadvantaged girls without much supervision and/or from unsophisticated/ignorant/dysfunctional families.
I totally agree. And the one woman (she was 25yo) who did have an active and involved father, JE ruined that woman's art career. (I hope she has recovered from that.)

I don't want to blame the parents or dads in particular, but JE was a SKILLED manipulator and knew exactly who to pick. Like a predator goes after the weakest in the herd, not the strong or protected.

:(

jmo

I totally agree. And the one woman (she was 25yo) who did have an active and involved father, JE ruined that woman's art career. (I hope she has recovered from that.)

I don't want to blame the parents or dads in particular, but JE was a SKILLED manipulator and knew exactly who to pick. Like a predator goes after the weakest in the herd, not the strong or protected.

:(

jmo

And that same active, involved father allowed her 15 year old sister to fly out to the NM ranch that same summer. We don’t know if it was before or after her older sister’s experience with Wexner and Maxwell, but he probably had no reason to distrust Epstein at that point anyway.

And that same active, involved father allowed her 15 year old sister to fly out to the NM ranch that same summer. We don’t know if it was before or after her older sister’s experience with Wexner and Maxwell, but he probably had no reason to distrust Epstein at that point anyway.
I think the 15yo event happened before the 25yo's experience. But, yes, the dad and/or mom allowed the 15yo to go. :(

There were likely parents who intervened....and saved their girls.

Sad to think of so many young girls unprotected.

jmo

Miami Herald Corrects Bombshell Epstein Report
Rachel Stoltzfoos Staff Reporter July 24, 2019 11:57 AM ET

"The Miami Herald removed a quote attributed to Jeffrey Epstein’s lawyer in its bombshell investigative series Wednesday, as part of a correction and update to the piece prompted by questions from the Daily Caller.

... “You … assured me that your office would not … contact any of the identified individuals, potential witnesses or potential civil claimants and their respective counsel in this matter,” [Epstein lawyer Jay] Lefkowitz wrote to Acosta in the quote cited by The Miami Herald.

[Acosta denied the private meeting with Epstein's legal team impacted the non-prosecution agreement terms]

..."[Miami Herald Report Julie]Brown refuted [Acosta's] account... noting the agreement not to notify the victims was never written into the deal, and saying negotiations over the deal continued for months after that meeting. She cited the correspondence between Lefkowitz and Acosta as evidence he agreed not to notify the victims in that meeting.

...The update cites an 8-page letter Lefkowitz sent to Acosta days before their October meeting, in which he lists a number of “open issues” he hopes to resolve with Acosta, including whether the victims would be notified.

“Alex, as you know, when Mr. Epstein signed the Agreement, he did so in order to reach finality with your office and with the express representation that the federal investigation against him would cease,” the letter cited by The Miami Herald reads. “To that end, I would like your assurance that after you and I agree to the issues raised in this letter, that will be the end of the United States’ involvement barring a willful breech of the agreement. Specifically, the Government or any of its agents will not make any further communications to the identified individuals [victims].”"

[paraphrase mine]

Miami Herald Corrects Bombshell Epstein Report

This is an intricate issue, so please read the full story at the link. I didn't want to over-quote the article. Basically, the Miami Herald removed one of two instances of a quote from Epstein's lawyer Lefkowitz demonstrating that Acosta was negotiating to assure, as the Epstein legal team wanted, that the victims would not be notified of the Non-Prosecution Agreement.

It does not mean that the Miami Herald is retracting that it has evidence that the private Epstein-legal/Acosta meeting impacted notification, and simply states, "the quote was removed because it was presented “out of sequence.”"

Epstein and his procurers knew how to target girls who were vulnerable. And that includes girls with parents who either didn't care or believed lies about the travel.

Exactly.

During the grooming stage, if the girl asked to call home or received a call from Mom, she was dropped. They probably tested her guardians with "small asks" during this time - like can Stacey stay over for dinner? or can we pick Ashley up from school so she can attend Stacey's party? and then gauged the reaction.

Plus, the parents were likely paid off in some cases - the younger ones, the ones originating overseas.

Last edited:
The board of Victoria's Secret owner L Brands has directed the company to hire outside counsel to investigate the role Jeffrey Epstein played at the retailer.

Although Mr. Epstein was Mr. Wexner’s personal money manager, “we do not believe he was ever employed by nor served as an authorized representative of the company,” an L Brands spokeswoman said. “Mr. Epstein’s crimes are abhorrent, and we applaud every effort to bring justice to those harmed.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/l-brands-board-opens-
probe-of-jeffrey-epstein-s-role-at-company-11564006165

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members