CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that. Some of the the evidence flags (most likely for the reported six or seven spent casings) are right there in the photos beneath the back door of the van, so I tend to think that is where LE found it initially.
Bodies apparently were in that rock lined drainage ditch separated by a few meters.

This tweeter photo was taken before Pierre came to the scene, and you can see the track line up with the left tire.

Please have a closer look, although I'm uncomfortable with the bodies visible.

The identity of the murdered bearded man could be found today, by tracing the license plate or VIN of the burnt-out RAV4.

I really don't think Kam/Bryer can drive past the police presence, back towards Thompson. Absolutely no other roads from Bird or Gillam to the rest of Manitoba or Ontario.

They could only try to sneak into a cargo train, but I am sure police will be watching the tracks from the sky.

BBM
Assuming he was the registered owner of the supposedly burnt-out RAV4, I think it is very possible LE will be able to put a name to a face soon enough. I've been wondering though why he hasn't been reported missing, or identified already based on the sketch.

Could it be:
1. He is a single, outdoorsman who lives a reclusive lifestyle in the far north and doesn't really have any close family or friends to miss/identify him.
2. He was expected to be on the road and off the grid for a while, so noone is alarmed yet or even realizes he is missing; close family/friends do not have media/internet.
3. The sketch, description and/or age range of the victim is way off and he is not identifiable based on the information provided to the public.
4. The person who could identify him was travelling with him (such as a wife or adult son/daughter) and was also murdered, but body not yet discovered.
5. He is a tourist from another country and the vehicle he was driving is a rental; family/friends back home are not aware of this case because they are not local.

the RAV is gone
burnt
they're travelling differently now
either by train/ferry or they stole another car
Agreed -- if traveling. Passenger trains are up there but freight trains less so. But not so difficult to do a home invasion and steal a car that could take longer to detect, or if they were smart (they don't seem to bright), hole up in house.

long term their only hope would be getting across the border and then getting to the biggest most dense city, their appearance is generic enough that they might get away with it for awhile. But where they are now it would be hard. I imagine they headed to north center of Canada in hopes of getting some sanctuary from relatives or friends, or out of mistaken belief they could make it in wilderness

Agreed -- if traveling. Passenger trains are up there but freight trains less so. But not so difficult to do a home invasion and steal a car that could take longer to detect, or if they were smart (they don't seem to bright), hole up in house.

long term their only hope would be getting across the border and then getting to the biggest most dense city, their appearance is generic enough that they might get away with it for awhile. But where they are now it would be hard. I imagine they headed to north center of Canada in hopes of getting some sanctuary from relatives or friends, or out of mistaken belief they could make it in wilderness

Still looking for some confirmation that they burnt the Rav 4. Where is this info coming from?

there is or was a twitter link maybe 12 hours or less ago in this thread, but I didn't save the link.
I did see that link also but it did not state it was in Rav 4...it did not state that it was even related to this crime. Facts we need real facts

Still looking for some confirmation that they burnt the Rav 4. Where is this info coming from?
Burned out vehicle found in northern Manitoba as manhunt continues for men suspected in three B.C. deaths

"A short while after Mounties reported the sighting near the rural, northern community, officials with the Fox Lake Cree Nation said they found a burned-out vehicle on their territory — apparently similar to the one the pair was believed to have been driving.

Investigators have yet to confirm if that vehicle is the grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4 the two men were last seen driving, however, the Fox Lake Cree Nation has said police would be patrolling the area all night as a precaution."

So, not confirmed as yet.

Also noticed that their van is almost off the paved surface, and their bodies are not that far away.

So LE moved the van for the released photos. The left door may have been opened by someone curious, before Pierre came to secure the scene.

granted my eyesight has only gotten worse as i've gotten older lol, but i'm confused about the broken window. Everywhere i've seen says it was broken from inside the van. Which means at least some glass would have had to have been found on the outside...i'm not seeing any though? i just see rocks/pebbles on the ground, and no glass on the van? I would certainly hope a first witness on the scene would not touch or clean it up...

The identity of the murdered bearded man could be found today, by tracing the license plate or VIN of the burnt-out RAV4.

I really don't think Kam/Bryer can drive past the police presence, back towards Thompson. Absolutely no other roads from Bird or Gillam to the rest of Manitoba or Ontario.

They could only try to sneak into a cargo train, but I am sure police will be watching the tracks from the sky.

BBM...

I'm not disagreeing with you, Kubirai, and the fact that they were seen in Split Lake, MB then possibly Gillam seems to indicate no clear plan for these two, as that means they would have had to continue eastwards on 280 after Split Lake, then south and back westwards to get to Gillam before discovering that way is likely a dead end. They then would have had to gone back east and northwards onto 290 to head towards Fox Lake Cree First Nation.

BUT...this all happened on Monday evening, nearly 20 hours before the RCMP even declared publicly that the two are suspects. Would there even be a police presence at that time? (source: CBC: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/b-c-homicide-suspects-manitoba-1.5222542).

JMO, and not that I think these two are doing this, but any kid who has watched tv knows the trick that when escaping LE, you run one way, flag where you're going, then hop in the river to cover your scent and run back the other way.

I'm not arguing that's whats happening here...there seems to be a desperation about these two. Just throwing it out there, is all.

Burned out vehicle found in northern Manitoba as manhunt continues for men suspected in three B.C. deaths

"A short while after Mounties reported the sighting near the rural, northern community, officials with the Fox Lake Cree Nation said they found a burned-out vehicle on their territory — apparently similar to the one the pair was believed to have been driving.

Investigators have yet to confirm if that vehicle is the grey 2011 Toyota Rav 4 the two men were last seen driving, however, the Fox Lake Cree Nation has said police would be patrolling the area all night as a precaution."

So, not confirmed as yet.

This is what I’ve found too - unnamed officials saying the car looked similar to what the boys were known to be driving. Nothing like actual confirmation that it was the particular vehicle.....

But LE knows whether it is.... and IMO it sounds likely. If nothing else, a DIFFERENT car found burning near the POIs’ last known location would be a big story JMO....

JMO, and not that I think these two are doing this, but any kid who has watched tv knows the trick that when escaping LE, you run one way, flag where you're going, then hop in the river to cover your scent and run back the other way.

I'm not arguing that's whats happening here...there seems to be a desperation about these two. Just throwing it out there, is all.

That is a good possibility. These killings follow general common crime of opportunity robbery with homicide MO. Some of it is clearly impulsive, they could know enough about basic police procedure to have backtracked intentionally, but I think a lot of the irrationality after is probably based on simple desperation. For example burning vehicles at this point.

Maybe these guys sold the camper canopy for cash.

Maybe the Grandma wired money to her grandson or he stole her cards and they were traced.

Or the same idea for the unidentified victim and police are not releasing the identity so they can somehow trace their movements - could be cell phones or cards if they are set up for tap and pay.

Maybe part of their “game” is to use $20 dollars worth of gas as an indicator to find a new car when close to empty or the car only needed to be topped off.

ADMIN NOTE:

Zero tolerance and thread reply bans are being put in place for bickering.

Also, move on from any gun discussion. Gun control discussion is not allowed here, and we all know what guns are.

Do some people up there still travel with red gas jugs (Jerry jugs) in the back of their cars for spare gas? Maybe they just filled their jugs up.

JMO, but there may be some sort of gas container, skibunny.

I think I agree with what some others have speculated regarding minimal expense by these two and trying to save their money...they had only just received their second pay cheque from Walmart before leaving according to BS's dad in that CHEK tv segment.

However, with regards to their camper/truck and the as yet unconfirmed burnt-out car at Fox Lake...I wouldn't know how to light a car on fire. Does a match in the gas tank or thrown into the interior work? Do you just hope it catches?

Or do you take a small, red gas container, douse the vehicle, and then light it? In which case, did they bring a container with them from when their truck was set on fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member