Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

The police are witholding some information, which could mean that they are exploring strong leads and don't need the public's help at this time:

Police told KVIA-TV on July 22 that they are following up on “multiple leads,” but did not release any other information because they do not want to jeopardize the investigation.
Erika Andrea Gaytan Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
I think you're right. There should be a big electronic trail to follow here

Where is the info?? My gosh the Mackenzie Lewek case blew up and we had all kinds of info pretty quick. I really hope this case is being worked on.

Right! It is hard to think this is a priority for LE when we compare it to cases that have happened recently. Even the girl from Ole Miss who was sadly found murdered this week is getting more national attention and they know where she and her killer are. I wonder if there are any studies out there that correlates victim demographics with the amount of news coverage a case gets and the resources put into locating the victim.

I really do hope they are seriously searching for and following up on leads in Erika’s case, and that they aren’t just giving out canned answers as to why more info isn’t being released. We know the likelihood of this having a happy ending is very close to zero, but she deserves to be found. This little boy deserves to have his mama found. Her family deserves the chance to bring her home.

Right! It is hard to think this is a priority for LE when we compare it to cases that have happened recently. Even the girl from Ole Miss who was sadly found murdered this week is getting more national attention and they know where she and her killer are. I wonder if there are any studies out there that correlates victim demographics with the amount of news coverage a case gets and the resources put into locating the victim.

I really do hope they are seriously searching for and following up on leads in Erika’s case, and that they aren’t just giving out canned answers as to why more info isn’t being released. We know the likelihood of this having a happy ending is very close to zero, but she deserves to be found. This little boy deserves to have his mama found. Her family deserves the chance to bring her home.
It’s all about what the media THINKS the public wants to hear about. I’m sure the police are doing their job. The media not requesting info which would lead to a press conference.

For all the missing persons out there---reform the Law. LE always says "there is nothing we can do until 48 hrs are past" That is exactly how many hours you have to follow fresh leads and possible find the victim or the perpetrator.
LE needs to make a judgement before that 48 hour window. If they think it could be the persons MO to disappear, just run a record search to see if the missing person has done this befor...and if not the Law needs to give them the right to begin immediately ...Listen to the families they know the missing person. If it seems wrong to them.....Well, their concers are most likely valid.
Too much time is lost in these cases and dead bodies are the result of of antiquaited laws.
There is absolutely no law that says that LE won't investigate a missing person for 48 hours anywhere in the US.

Yikes this does not sound good. I am trying to run through scenarios and none of them seem positive.

1) She never left the date's house and something foul happened at his place. The text was really sent by him.
2) She left and did walk home, only for something bad to happen to her en route.
3) She got into a car she thought was a ride share but was not.
4) She was hit on accident and the driver panicked?

I can't think of any positive outcome to come out of the last known place she was. Nothing about this makes me think she would take off on her own having her little boy at home; plus she wouldn't have had any resources with her to do so. All MOO

Yikes this does not sound good. I am trying to run through scenarios and none of them seem positive.

1) She never left the date's house and something foul happened at his place. The text was really sent by him.
2) She left and did walk home, only for something bad to happen to her en route.
3) She got into a car she thought was a ride share but was not.
4) She was hit on accident and the driver panicked?

I can't think of any positive outcome to come out of the last known place she was. Nothing about this makes me think she would take off on her own having her little boy at home; plus she wouldn't have had any resources with her to do so. All MOO
1 sounds most likely. MOO

So she supposedly sent text to ex asking for pic of son? Was she suicidal? Could be why she asked for last pic of son. Police say no foul play suspected. ? They must have a lot of info they are not releasing. If they thought they were looking for suspect. They would put info out there.

All speculation on my part.

In the Ole Miss case, it wasn't deemed a case until her body was stumbled upon so that's a little different because the evidence and confirmation of death was provided from the beginning and first discovery. But I do agree. I find it odd that the man that went on a date with her is allowed to remain anonymous. And not much of a description or account is given about her current state/mood or conversation before supposedly leaving the date.

So she supposedly sent text to ex asking for pic of son? Was she suicidal? Could be why she asked for last pic of son. Police say no foul play suspected. ? They must have a lot of info they are not releasing. If they thought they were looking for suspect. They would put info out there.

I think this is unlikely given how close Erika appears to her son if she is deceased I think someone harmed her.

Where is this information from about the text?

Where is this information from about the text?
From an interview with her child's father:

“The last time I spoke to her was, she texted me, she told me, ‘Can you send me a picture of my son in the movies?’ So, I went ahead, 9:30 p.m. That was the last text I got,” Renovato told the news station.

Erika Andrea Gaytan Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

I don't think this indicates that she was suicidal. This must have happened during the concert.

I think this is unlikely given how close Erika appears to her son if she is deceased I think someone harmed her.

Yes, I agree with this. She really seems to adore her son. I think perhaps she just asked for a photo of him because she was missing him. Sharing parenting time is hard!

I hope that another weekend doesn’t go by without answers for Erika’s loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back