CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he was 'inspired' by the Sheryll Powell case....the gal who was threatened, fled & found later....?
I don't like he failed a lie detector.... okay: maybe he's done something or something has happened...

Why the heck come up with this cockamamie, or apparently cockamamie story...? I mean, he could come with so many stories: why this one?

It's almost as if it has to be true.....why would he think anyone would believe she'd just disappear in a bikini, hat, & beer right by the road where they just randomly decided to take a walk & some pics....?

You'd just think he'd come up with something better than that, right...?

OR...maybe this odd story is very close to what DID happen, so he sticks close to it....but it's not the truth...?

Hmmmm
JMO

Right. I mean, it's one thing if say, he found her travel mug and hat on the ground, and say skid marks made from her hiking boots to show she was dragged, possibly being forced into a vehicle- then I would totally agree with the abduction theory. At that point, I would hope LE would have an APB out for her, had she been kidnapped.

Yet, he was simply taking pictures, she was heading back to the camper. He shouldn't have been too far away from her time wise, as he saw her round the corner.
I really question his story at this point. Perhaps it showed deception?

But he chose to take it and tell.
And tell it was deceptive to boot!
Why?

Polygraphs aren't 100% accurate. Guilty people can pass them and innocent people can fail them. By announcing that his results were deceptive it makes you think why would a guilty person be so forthcoming. He didn't have to take it or release his results but he did. Being open can mean you have nothing to hide, or it means you ant to appear that way.

BBM:
LE has said they don't believe BT was abducted, i.e., they don't believe the theory RT's putting out there.

The police have also mounted a search and rescue operation of the nearby area that took days. If we are going to use the actions of the police to determine what is most likely to have happened to BT, clearly they think she got lost. That's the only sensible, and logical, conclusion.

They wouldn't use SAR as a diversion tactic or risk them contaminating a crime scene.

Yes, and I have one on my key chain and love knowing it's there if needed. Along with a couple of other safety goodies, just in case.
My husband and I have done quite a bit of hiking in different parts of Arizona, and there are quite a few spots where cell phones are completely useless, especially if you go into the Navajo Nation/Monument Valley area. Whistles and flashlights (along with plenty of water!) can be lifesavers if you get lost. I know BT didn't have anything like that with her, but I would think she would have cried out if someone was trying to abduct her, and noise carries fairly far out there.

How long is "normal/average" time length without serious updates from LE on such a case?

I don’t know what’s normal but I have an example. My friend’s sister went missing a couple of years ago and San Bernardino area LE gave an update after 6 weeks when they arrested a suspect for murder. No body case initially.

The police have also mounted a search and rescue operation of the nearby area that took days. If we are going to use the actions of the police to determine what is most likely to have happened to BT, clearly they think she got lost. That's the only sensible, and logical, conclusion.

They wouldn't use SAR as a diversion tactic or risk them contaminating a crime scene.

Actually they do that sometimes. On high profile cases they may send SAR teams out looking in a nonessential area to keep the media (and in some cases local volunteers) distracted while LE looks in a more sensitive area quietly. And SAR's purpose as it was taught to me was not to find where the subject IS as much as to confirm where the subject is NOT. Finding them is often just a bonus. :)

Seeing the photos taken in the area on this link, I still think its possible that she could have fallen into a crevice between rocks, (she is very thin); or could be squeezed between thick underbrush/creosote or type bushes. These boulders are also massive and she was looking for certain collectible rocks. Really though, I personally, and only imo; believe she never was there to begin with. I'd love to see a photo at a gas station, a witness; someone, something to prove they were there that day together. There's been so much talk about photoshopping or changing dates on digital photos.

California police say missing hiker who vanished 'in her bikini' was NOT abducted | Daily Mail Online

I don’t know what’s normal but I have an example. My friend’s sister went missing a couple of years ago and San Bernardino area LE gave an update after 6 weeks when they arrested a suspect for murder. No body case initially.

Was she eventually found? Sorry for your friend. He might be shooting for reasonable doubt.

BBM:

Bumping this old video clip:

Husband of missing 69-year-old hiker says police consider him a suspect

Per the reporter in that vid, authorities have said:
  • They are "unaware" of how long RT and BT were separated before she disappeared.
  • They "don't know" how far BT was from the RV at the time they became separated.
That LE said both of those things is both utterly stunning, and completely revealing.

LE has also said they don't believe BT was abducted, i.e., they don't believe the theory RT's putting out there.

I mean, really.

C'mon, now.

LE could not be telegraphing any more clearly their outright disbelief of whatever it is RT has told them.

It's as plain as the nose on Pinocchio's face.

JMO.
This ^^^^

cant speak for the rest of my family but i am not very trusting of the mainstream news.

its more a barometer these days, of what a few large companies think we should know. thats the case globally. not just my opinion.

my dad is in no condition to speak to news. it had never occured to me personally. her son is eager to speak his mind on the news, so... stay tuned i guess.

barb used to be a cat lady who also had a dog. she went to school for art but dont know if she ever graduated. her art was around her apartment. when she visited us in may 2018 she brought a stick, like driftwood, but from the desert, which she had painted. gave it to my dad. i remember sculptures around her house back before robbie, including one which was a copy she had made of 'the thinker'. it was good and so were her paintings but she implied they were all things she'd made years and years earlier.
i had a pet iguana when i was about five, named iggy. she gave me an awesome painting of him.
I saw her about once a year until I graduated high school pretty much and then i saw her a lot less frequently.
she raised her son on her own and lived near her mum, so had that support out in san diego.
she was tough, not the type of aunt that spoiled you, but warm and quick to smile. her cats would always stay hidden when we would visit but her dogs were always very loving. shes always had at least one dog, and since meeting robbie has transitioned fully into dog person, i feel.
nore recently she collected desert rocks and sticks, kept a rock garden. dabbled from time to time in the art.

she was very excited about trump, not to turn anyone off to her, but was excited for something politically different. tried to sell me on him as the answer to america's problems. we could get into really good political convos, but she is a stubborn woman and rarely if ever do i remember her ceding any of her views. i like talking to ppl like that, and she could get a full head of steam on a topic.

she is a loving lady, loving aunt, loving mother whose son gave her a pretty hard time, though its not for me to share with all of you. i could go on but thats an intro.

these are all personal things. if this site and its users hadn't been so helpful so far, i would never share this information. not to msm for sure. gather most of my side of the family would agree on that.

<modsnip - off topic>
dbdb11: you have a good head on your shoulders, and it sounds like your aunt is very wise as well. I hope you find the answers we’re all looking for.

#WWG1WGA

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually they do that sometimes. On high profile cases they may send SAR teams out looking in a nonessential area to keep the media (and in some cases local volunteers) distracted while LE looks in a more sensitive area quietly. And SAR's purpose as it was taught to me was not to find where the subject IS as much as to confirm where the subject is NOT. Finding them is often just a bonus. :)

I hadn't heard of SAR being used as a diversion tactic; can you provide an example? Would SAR and local volunteers been used as a diversion in the extreme weather during the search period for BT?

Polygraphs aren't 100% accurate. Guilty people can pass them and innocent people can fail them. By announcing that his results were deceptive it makes you think why would a guilty person be so forthcoming. He didn't have to take it or release his results but he did. Being open can mean you have nothing to hide, or it means you ant to appear that way.

BBM:

Yes, RT made sure we all knew that fact right away, too, and by right away, I mean in the next breath after he got done telling the reporter he flunked his poly.

In that same breath, he also managed to let us all know that he hadn't slept the night before.

So, obviously, that explains why he didn't pass his poly.

He cleared it all up with 2 short sentences.

Done and dusted.

"Nothing to see here, folks."

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Bumping this old video clip:

Husband of missing 69-year-old hiker says police consider him a suspect

Per the reporter in that vid, authorities have said:
  • They are "unaware" of how long RT and BT were separated before she disappeared.
  • They "don't know" how far BT was from the RV at the time they became separated.
That LE said both of those things is both utterly stunning, and completely revealing.

LE has also said they don't believe BT was abducted, i.e., they don't believe the theory RT's putting out there.

I mean, really.

C'mon, now.

LE could not be telegraphing any more clearly their outright disbelief of whatever it is RT has told them.

It's as plain as the nose on Pinocchio's face.

JMO.
Well, LE has only his word as to how far away each of them were from each other as well as Barbara to the RV. That's what I want to know, though- how far behind was he, distance wise, and how long would it have taken him in seconds or minutes, to reach the point she was at when she turned the corner? Also, how far was that corner from the RV? Or......does that corner even exist?!

Wonder if he was 'inspired' by the Sheryll Powell case....the gal who was threatened, fled & found later....?
I don't like he failed a lie detector.... okay: maybe he's done something or something has happened...

Why the heck come up with this cockamamie, or apparently cockamamie story...? I mean, he could come with so many stories: why this one?

It's almost as if it has to be true.....why would he think anyone would believe she'd just disappear in a bikini, hat, & beer right by the road where they just randomly decided to take a walk & some pics....?

You'd just think he'd come up with something better than that, right...?

OR...maybe this odd story is very close to what DID happen, so he sticks close to it....but it's not the truth...?

Hmmmm
JMO
Didn't they disappear on the same day, though? How would RT know about Sherry's disappearance, when his own wife went missing the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann