MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student, found dead, Harmontown, 20 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police release final images of murdered Ole Miss student Ally Kostial

snipped
July 25, 2019, 7:59 AM EDT / Source: TODAY
By Scott Stump

Police have released what are most likely the final images of University of Mississippi student Ally Kostial before she was found dead near a lake 20 miles from campus.

The Oxford Police Department released surveillance video from July 19 that shows the 21-year-old outside Rooster's bar on campus, where she can be seen approaching the door before turning around and walking away while looking at her phone.

Thank you for the insight.

With the surveillance tape of the two of them together at the Lakeside Market in Como and the blood splatter found on his clothes, if that is indeed what it was, and the confiscated weapon in his truck, I also see a deal in his future. You can explain away a lot of things but a jury won't be able to dismiss all of this.
Have they released that gas station info? I know a reporter said she was trying to get it. Just wondering if anyone has.

I havent been on here for a day so just now seeing the video of her. Too me, it appears she has been drinking. A couple times she sort of wobbles as she walks. It appears she is texting or checking her phone, so it could be that, but I think she is some what intoxicated. Now, nothing wrong with that of course. But it tells me she has been out a while, and I would assume with someone. She is an attractive and popular young lady. Why is she now alone? I think she is looking for someone.
She look so like she’s looking for her uber. As someone else pointed out the sidewalks there are uneven and lopsided. She could also be in elevated shoes that’s making her off balance. JMO

PrarieWind- what do you think are the plea possibilities here? If LE does have his clothes w her blood DNA, plus weapon, plus market video near her body site? I hate when these affluent @sses walk away with a slap on the wrist. This one concerns me...
We don't yet know what evidence LE has nor how they obtained it. That will be key. Good defense attorneys will look to find ways to exclude evidence that was collected, thus leaving the prosecutor with a weaker case. We don't know much yet, so its impossible to say. AK's family and friends (of which she has plenty) will certainly pressure for no deal. I very seriously doubt that he will walk away with just a slap on the wrist.

I havent been on here for a day so just now seeing the video of her. Too me, it appears she has been drinking. A couple times she sort of wobbles as she walks. It appears she is texting or checking her phone, so it could be that, but I think she is some what intoxicated. Now, nothing wrong with that of course. But it tells me she has been out a while, and I would assume with someone. She is an attractive and popular young lady. Why is she now alone? I think she is looking for someone.
She looks like she’s looking for her uber on her app, trying to walk in the direction of it.
As someone else pointed out the sidewalks there are uneven and lopsided. She could also be in elevated shoes that’s making her off balance. JMO

Have they released that gas station info? I know a reporter said she was trying to get it. Just wondering if anyone has.
Not yet. Only seeing footage from the Oxford Square area bars at this time.

She look so like she’s looking for her uber. As someone else pointed out the sidewalks there are uneven and lopsided. She could also be in elevated shoes that’s making her off balance.

I understand the rumor swirling about why she might have been shot in the torso and abdomen. But I’m having a hard time reconciling that with what her friend said a couple days ago about this guy harassing AK and making her life miserable, so badly she would cry. My impression from that was AK didn’t like the guy but he wouldn’t leave her alone. So, a pregnancy, I’m not so sure. I’ll wait till that’s confirmed before I go down that street.

I took it as he led her on and played her hot and cold. Ole Miss sets you up to make you think as a female you have to be engaged before graduation/shortly after. Married shortly after that. It can cause you to pine after and stay involved with guys who aren’t good for you. On the flip side, Ole Miss is a guys version of heaven with the high number of attractive females, so they tend to want to play the field more and not settle down until later in college if at all in college. It’s very bizarre. Of course once you graduate and move away from oxford you realize there’s nothing wrong with you for being single at 22 lol!

Excuse my ignorance, but how is the camera following her as she walks? Is it just a spliced together video from multiple different cameras?

The camera isn't following her. I believe there are several wide-angle cameras that record the street, and when they play back the video they can focus and zoom to create a new video following an individual or a vehicle.

I understand the rumor swirling about why she might have been shot in the torso and abdomen. But I’m having a hard time reconciling that with what her friend said a couple days ago about this guy harassing AK and making her life miserable, so badly she would cry. My impression from that was AK didn’t like the guy but he wouldn’t leave her alone. So, a pregnancy, I’m not so sure. I’ll wait till that’s confirmed before I go down that street.

That was my first impression as well, but after reading more articles and comments from her friends saying they were together as a couple, I think it was more of a broken heart.

It seems like maybe she was more interested in him and he was not very nice to her?

Academic reasons sounds to me like the standard "this employee worked from this date to this date" when you don't want to give a positive reference. I suspect there is more to this story IMO (and not just academics). Considering what he is charged with now - I shudder to think what he has in his past. JMO
The underage drinking and having fake ID and forced to leave school due to "academic" reasons doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother others. I mean, there are plenty of successful people who did lots of nefarious things in their youth who didn't murder people. I could name lots of them. (I myself did a lot of stupid things as a teenager, and I turned out to be quite blessed/successful with the help of God.)

The thing that bothers me the most is this kid liked to brag to everyone how his father was rich, and he could do anything that he wanted to do and get away with it. I have read about other kids who have turned out just like this (murdering others and even murdering their parents and siblings) who had the same personality flaws as this kid.

This kid was a product of divorce. His mother and father may have mightily fought over money and assets with money being a constant source of friction The mother could have constantly badmouthed the father because of it. I don't know. However, this could have caused this boy to be insecure and think that money equated to power and being liked.

In any case, this boy was very flawed, to the point of not knowing how to deal with much in life. His mother or father should have delved deeper into why he was doing the things that he was doing. He should have been in counseling after the underage drinking arrests and the school situation, if he wasn't. BTW - Maybe, the academic problem was that he was caught cheating on an exam??

To have to resort to murder to deal with a problem is the ultimate dysfunction. I mean, why on earth wouldn't you feel like you could go to your mother or father and tell them that you had a problem--even if it were an unplanned pregnancy? Wouldn't that be better than an unplanned murder?

Just my two cents' worth...

Last edited:
Does anyone else think it’s weird that his attorneys haven’t filed a motion for bail yet? Or that we know of yet. Would new documents/details emerge after the motion is filed? Or any benefit to not requesting it right away?

I would guess that this is for one of two reasons - based on the cases I've followed (also I'm an attorney but not a criminal attorney). First, given what we know as facts, it would seem bail would be difficult so the attorney is trying to get everything lined up to make the best case that BT is not a flight risk or danger to others - maybe offering GPS monitoring, home arrest, giving up passport, removing guns from the house (I've seen photos of BT and family at target practice) whatever might make the best case. The other reason is that at a bail hearing a lot of information comes out in the form of the prosecutor making the case that bail should NOT be granted. The prosecutor has to give at least enough facts to make that case. Maybe the defense attorney does not want those facts out there (fled the state in car, had/has access to guns) until he/she has figured out the "narrative" that they want to take forward. All MOO.

Heaven forbid he attend a local public high school after getting kicked out of the fancy place.

jmo
I don't understand what you're saying here. San Marcos Academy is not a public high school if that is what you are referring to. It actually is a very expensive academy that was established in 1907. It has always been recognized as an excellent and highly respected school.
You are always going to find students who feel entitled here or in any private school because they are so expensive. I know first hand because I have 4 grandchildren who attended private schools in Dallas and Knoxville.
I'm not defending BT in any way but I am defending parents who work very hard to see that their children have the opportunity for a good education. How those children deal with that, is entirely up to them. jmo

I don't understand what you're saying here. San Marcos Academy is not a public high school if that is what you are referring to. It actually is a very expensive academy that was established in 1907. It has always been recognized as an excellent and highly respected school.
You are always going to find students who feel entitled here or in any private school because they are so expensive. I know first hand because I have 4 grandchildren who attended private schools in Dallas and Knoxville.
I'm not defending BT in any way but I am defending parents who work very hard to see that their children have the opportunity for a good education. How those children deal with that, is entirely up to them. jmo
I'm saying that when he got kicked out of the Day School, he could've gone to the local public school. Sorry that wasn't clear. I mean no disrepect to any school....quite the opposite.

Hope we get some new news to discuss soon.

jmo

Thank-you for your post. Indeed even intelligent, motivated women can be manipulated by a narcissistic sociopath like BT.
I took it as he led her on and played her hot and cold. Ole Miss sets you up to make you think as a female you have to be engaged before graduation/shortly after. Married shortly after that. It can cause you to pine after and stay involved with guys who aren’t good for you. On the flip side, Ole Miss is a guys version of heaven with the high number of attractive females, so they tend to want to play the field more and not settle down until later in college if at all in college. It’s very bizarre. Of course once you graduate and move away from oxford you realize there’s nothing wrong with you for being single at 22 lol!

That was my first impression as well, but after reading more articles and comments from her friends saying they were together as a couple, I think it was more of a broken heart.

It seems like maybe she was more interested in him and he was not very nice to her?

I just want to once more to give you kudos for your post justiceforwomen27

Because as you say young women can have a difficult time looking towards their future as a successful financially savvy desirable person without a significant other. As a feminist going way back to the mid seventies my most difficult task has been speaking to young women of high school age especially encouraging them to imagine their life in say 5 years without having pursued a skill or vocation but even more difficult is for them to be comfortable with the idea of having confidence with being alone. So yes even a beautiful women like Ally can get caught up with the fairy tail myth that you will have realized ‘the live happily ever after’ with a degree and that all important engagement ring by graduation.

Please do not think I am at all victim blaming because that would be devastating to me as a ong time advocate for woman. RT planned and executed Ally in cold blood. His murder of this vibrant woman with a long bright future of career, marriage and children screams out for the death penalty.

On my photo arrangement is a plaque that reads,

MOO

Attachments

• 400AB706-4A32-48DD-AC17-FC2EB7C964B5.jpeg
    400AB706-4A32-48DD-AC17-FC2EB7C964B5.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I would guess that this is for one of two reasons - based on the cases I've followed (also I'm an attorney but not a criminal attorney). First, given what we know as facts, it would seem bail would be difficult so the attorney is trying to get everything lined up to make the best case that BT is not a flight risk or danger to others - maybe offering GPS monitoring, home arrest, giving up passport, removing guns from the house (I've seen photos of BT and family at target practice) whatever might make the best case. The other reason is that at a bail hearing a lot of information comes out in the form of the prosecutor making the case that bail should NOT be granted. The prosecutor has to give at least enough facts to make that case. Maybe the defense attorney does not want those facts out there (fled the state in car, had/has access to guns) until he/she has figured out the "narrative" that they want to take forward. All MOO.

Twitter

Looks like it won’t be until next week

<modsnip - Quoted post was removed>
I'm not sure he could even get into a public high school if he was kicked out. Our high school district wouldn't take him if that was the case. He would have to attend a continuation school or study from home for a probationary period.

Many private school students kicked out for almost every reason are enrolled in our local public school. We have numerous students at our local public - kicked out of private for everything from assault to drugs..you (general you) would only be kicked out of our local public for truancy, assault, touching..of which they give you a very long leash (can't get sued you know), and/or school refusal, THEN our county sends these kinds of kids to ALTERNATIVE-school (public) and its half a day. MOST drop out of that and.. are on their own - and/or - if they have a rich daddy, they become daddy's full time problem.

I'm saying that when he got kicked out of the Day School, he could've gone to the local public school. Sorry that wasn't clear. I mean no disrepect to any school....quite the opposite.

Hope we get some new news to discuss soon.

jmo
So do I. I replayed that video in my sleep. I'm from Texas DFW area, and am familiar with all these places. Except, because Country Day School is so new (1963), I've never heard of it.
I live now in the small town where BT'S father is a well respected doctor and I hate to see the criticism of family, any family, until all the facts are in. At some point we must accept responsibility for our own sh_t.
I also feel for Ally's parents who are having to endure the pregnancy speculation on top of the loss of their daughter. You think it can't get worse, but then it does.
BTW, I appreciate your posts. You do keep the details in and speculation out...thanks for that.:)

So do I. I replayed that video in my sleep. I'm from Texas DFW area, and am familiar with all these places. Except, because Country Day School is so new (1963), I've never heard of it.
I live now in the small town where BT'S father is a well respected doctor and I hate to see the criticism of family, any family, until all the facts are in. At some point we must accept responsibility for our own sh_t.
I also feel for Ally's parents who are having to endure the pregnancy speculation on top of the loss of their daughter. You think it can't get worse, but then it does.
BTW, I appreciate your posts. You do keep the details in and speculation out...thanks for that.:)

Is he well respected in town? I keep seeing people reference the online reviews of his practice, but have taken that with a grain of salt, considering it is a "pain management" clinic. I'm sure there are many disgruntled addicts frequenting that type of clinic just looking for a prescription, since the crack down on opioids. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam