CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a map depicting last sighting at petrol stop (Split Lake), and Fox Lake where burnt Rav4 located?

Alexis Daish‏Verified account @LexiDaish
Manitoba police are operating a checkpoint 24/7 between Gillam - where the teen fugitives were last seen - and Fox Lake where their car was found burnt out. They’re stopping every driver, checking inside cars and asking why they’re here.@9NewsAUS @TheTodayShow

EAWGmuPWwAAisKd.jpg

EAWGmt8WwAYFQ2l.jpg

12:42 PM - 25 Jul 2019

ETA: Split Lake

Will this help?

1E213F3A-B9FA-4BA6-9F53-A159DCBB3DDD.jpeg

D1C1F068-6D81-4C33-B0F7-C9F749EA16DB.jpeg

Last edited:
It makes me sad that these boys likely will not come out of this alive. I've never had a family member be a victim of a crime like this, but I would think it must feel like a lack of justice if they are not held accountable (here on earth) for their actions.

The going out in a blaze of glory thing strikes me as real and probable .

The police probably know by now, from forensics tests, whether they have one gun or two, whether rifle, shotgun or handgun, and caliber. If the gun or guns were purchased legally, they should also know the make and model. If ammunition was purchased legally, they probably also know how much they have.

I’m not suggesting he would go so far as to admit his son had problems when he was just considered “missing”. Of course he wouldn’t offer up that information. But he got a bit defensive when he was questioned whether there were any issues or bad people in his life which could have led to his disappearance. It was, at least in my opinion, very defensive sounding... like “no way! My son is as normal as they come.”

I guess for me it’s not even so much how he talked about his son before, but how he’s talking now. He’s not just admitting the kid had a tough life growing up, but he’s saying his son is as good as dead. To me, going from a “good boy” to “about to die/rest in peace” is a fairly stark contrast in outlooks in such a short time.

Yes. I hope if his son has access to the internet he doesn't take his dad's comments as a suggestion.

IMO his dad probably knew he had problems previously. But didn't want others to know and so he got defensive. Yet he has seemed to quickly accept that his son murdered people. Which I think suggests he knew there were serious issues. And now he's trying I think to explain how this could have happened by admitting the issues to some degree.

But I wonder if the thought of his kid killing himself would be less painful than a drawn out trial.

The police probably know by now, from forensics tests, whether they have one gun or two, whether rifle, shotgun or handgun, and caliber. If the gun or guns were purchased legally, they should also know the make and model. If ammunition was purchased legally, they also know how much they have.
Legally being the operative word

I've been once, but only for a few days (Niagara Falls). Vancouver is on my bucket list, but I definitely wanna see more! Retirement goals..... :)

Vancouver is beautiful and diverse. Expensive, but if you find the tips and tricks (visiting tourist attractions in the evening hours usually results in a cheaper admission price) and also figure out what is really worth visiting (a lot of my recommendations are all free scenery to be honest), it's not too bad. That being said, I'm born and raised there - so I've never had to deal with accommodations!

It's eerie to me to think that they probably took the ferry from Departure Bay (Nanaimo) to Horseshoe Bay (West Vancouver, Vancouver suburb) - that's my neighbourhood. I realize they would have passed through fairly quick, but it still gives me shivers.

Here it is. It's like a hotel - I've been to similar ones in Fort MacMurray.

Wow! So is this place no longer in operation? Is the building completely empty. This shows it opening in 2015, what happened to make it close? How long has it been empty? It is 90km from Gillam, how long would that take on foot through the bush?

My take on Bryer's father's despair after learning of the crimes is that he has probably heard things from his son that he didn't take seriously until now.

That makes sense. But he has accepted his son's culpability faster than almost anyone I've seen except when the culprit has admitted it (online or something).

Wow! So is this place no longer in operation? Is the building completely empty. This shows it opening in 2015, what happened to make it close? How long has it been empty? It is 90km from Gillam, how long would that take on foot through the bush?
For real .. bringing up all those Expenisive building materials and manpower .. why is it empty? Just mind boggling

This case has made it clear to me that I need to educate myself about my neighboring country, Canada. Geography, jargon, climate......
Come for a visit some time!

With all the videos and discussions of bugs, bears, wolves, and two half-wit suspected murderers on the loose...I'm surprised anyone would want to visit us for a little while.

Legally being the operative word

We know that Bryer didn’t have a gun license unless he got it without his father knowing. Cost for the course and application are CAN$170 and $60 respectively.

We don’t know about McLeod.

I don’t believe that it’s easy for teenagers without significant crime connections to purchase stolen guns and ammunition in Port Alberni. Maybe easier in Victoria, but you’re still talking about a pretty underground transaction. I’m not saying that it’s impossible, but the probability isn’t high.

I suppose it’s possible that one of them borrowed a gun from a friend and just didn’t return it, but as a gun owner myself this seems pretty far-fetched.

The more likely scenario is that at least one of them has a license, more likely McLeod, and the gun/ammunition are legit, and therefore easily traceable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member