CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I live in the country and you can hear a vehicle coming long before it gets to our place, especially at night when it’s quiet. But shouldn’t someone at least see the two vehicles? B and K’s wouldn’t be hidden in that spot where Ms. Deese and Mr. Fowler’s van was.

Or someone could have seen their bodies in the headlights. Poor souls.
Possibly there was a small parking area nearby where people could go see or fish in the nearby river, and the perps might have approached on foot from the river rather than along the highway.

I understand the rules. But I wasn't claiming that that man or that woman highwsy worker took any photos. So there's a mix-up somewhere.
I was talking about the man that was standing in the highway the night before. I don't know anything about anybody taking the photos I just know photos exist.
Edit - the man Highway worker was talking about his boss which was the woman who seen the man standing in the middle of the road the night before. That's the man the cops wanted to identify. I'm sorry for the mix-up but I never claimed anybody took any pictures.
Police released a sketch of that person, they wanted to interview him. Not sure what your question was, but he was never an official suspect and IMO is unlikely to have witnessed anything important.

Police released a sketch of that person, they wanted to interview him. Not sure what your question was, but he was never an official suspect and IMO is unlikely to have witnessed anything important.
Actually I thought somebody far back in the Forum asked about who the man worker was talking about his boss lady seen in the middle of the road the night before. And that was the guy with the hat. It's just so damn confusing now I'm confused.

Police search B.C. homes of teens wanted in nationwide manhunt | The Star

Key moments in the manhunt for two suspected B.C. killers

Three grisly killings in northern B.C. have led to a nationwide search for two young men suspected in their deaths.

Friday, July 12

- Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, leave their home town of Port Alberni, B.C., with a plan to look for work in Whitehorse, according to media reports quoting Schmegelsky’s grandmother.

Saturday, July 13

- Video shows Australian Lucas Fowler, 23, and American Chynna Deese, 24, stopping at a gas station in Fort Nelson, B.C. They arrive in Fowler’s blue 1986 Chevrolet van at 7:30 p.m. and depart at 7:47 p.m.

Sunday, July 14

- According to media reports, Fowler and Deese are spotted on the side of the road with a broken-down van. Witnesses report seeing a man speaking with Fowler on Highway 97 in the evening. He is described as Caucasian with darker skin and dark hair, possibly with a beard and/or glasses.

Monday, July 15

- B.C. RCMP find Fowler and Deese’s bodies near their van along the Alaska Highway about 20 km south of Liard Hot Springs, near the B.C.-Yukon boundary.

Thursday, July 18

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are spotted in Dease Lake at about 3:15 p.m. They are driving a red and grey Dodge pickup truck with a sleeping camper.

Friday, July 19

- RCMP confirm they are investigating Fowler and Deese's deaths as a double homicide. Fowler’s father, an Australian police investigator, says the family is headed to B.C. to bring his son’s body home.

- RCMP respond to a call about a truck on fire on Highway 37 — seven-hours away from the double homicide and 50 kms south of Dease Lake. Police find an unidentified man’s body two kms from the burned vehicle.

Saturday, July 20

- RCMP say there is no indication the third body is connected to the deaths of Fowler and Deese.

Sunday, July 21

- RCMP say the burning truck was the same one last seen being driven by McLeod and Schmegelsky, who they describe as missing.

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV4 in the northern Saskatchewan town of Meadow Lake, about 300 km northwest of Saskatoon.

Monday, July 22

- RCMP confirm that Fowler and Deese were shot to death and release a sketch of the man police said spoke to Fowler on July 14.

- A burned-out vehicle is reported in the area of Gillam, a tiny northern Manitoba town about 1,000 km northeast of Winnipeg.

Tuesday, July 23

- RCMP say McLeod and Schmegelsky are now considered suspects in the deaths of Fowler, Deese and the third unidentified victim. Mounties launch a nationwide manhunt for the pair, saying they are “considered dangerous.”

- There is a possible sighting of the two in the Gillam area, according to RCMP.

Wednesday, July 24

- RCMP confirm the burned-out vehicle found in Gillam Monday was the Toyota RAV4 McLeod and Schmegelsky had been seen driving. Mounties say they’ve set up a check stop on the road leading into the town.

- Schmegelsky’s father says he believes his son will not survive a potential confrontation with police. McLeod’s father releases a statement describing his son as kind and considerate.

- The third victim is identified as Len Dyck of Vancouver. His family issues a statement describing him as a loving husband and father. Mounties charge McLeod and Schmegelsky with second-degree murder in connection to Dyck’s death.

Thursday, July 25

- Gillam residents say they are on edge as RCMP search their town, with one saying people are “sleeping with their guns close.” RCMP say there were two confirmed sightings of the suspects in the town and they believe McLeod and Schmegelsky are still in or near the area.

Thanks for noting and Tarika for posting! Long article so hope this is fine..
"Key moments in the manhunt for two suspected B.C. killers
Three grisly killings in northern B.C. have led to a nationwide search for two young men suspected in their deaths.
Friday, July 12

- Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, leave their home town of Port Alberni, B.C., with a plan to look for work in Whitehorse, according to media reports quoting Schmegelsky’s grandmother.

Saturday, July 13

- Video shows Australian Lucas Fowler, 23, and American Chynna Deese, 24, stopping at a gas station in Fort Nelson, B.C. They arrive in Fowler’s blue 1986 Chevrolet van at 7:30 p.m. and depart at 7:47 p.m.

Sunday, July 14

- According to media reports, Fowler and Deese are spotted on the side of the road with a broken-down van. Witnesses report seeing a man speaking with Fowler on Highway 97 in the evening. He is described as Caucasian with darker skin and dark hair, possibly with a beard and/or glasses.

Monday, July 15

- B.C. RCMP find Fowler and Deese’s bodies near their van along the Alaska Highway about 20 km south of Liard Hot Springs, near the B.C.-Yukon boundary.

Thursday, July 18

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are spotted in Dease Lake at about 3:15 p.m. They are driving a red and grey Dodge pickup truck with a sleeping camper.

Friday, July 19

- RCMP confirm they are investigating Fowler and Deese's deaths as a double homicide. Fowler’s father, an Australian police investigator, says the family is headed to B.C. to bring his son’s body home.

- RCMP respond to a call about a truck on fire on Highway 37 — seven-hours away from the double homicide and 50 kms south of Dease Lake. Police find an unidentified man’s body two kms from the burned vehicle.

Saturday, July 20

- RCMP say there is no indication the third body is connected to the deaths of Fowler and Deese.

Sunday, July 21

- RCMP say the burning truck was the same one last seen being driven by McLeod and Schmegelsky, who they describe as missing.

- McLeod and Schmegelsky are seen driving a grey 2011 Toyota RAV4 in the northern Saskatchewan town of Meadow Lake, about 300 km northwest of Saskatoon.

Monday, July 22

- RCMP confirm that Fowler and Deese were shot to death and release a sketch of the man police said spoke to Fowler on July 14.

- A burned-out vehicle is reported in the area of Gillam, a tiny northern Manitoba town about 1,000 km northeast of Winnipeg.

Tuesday, July 23

- RCMP say McLeod and Schmegelsky are now considered suspects in the deaths of Fowler, Deese and the third unidentified victim. Mounties launch a nationwide manhunt for the pair, saying they are “considered dangerous.”

- There is a possible sighting of the two in the Gillam area, according to RCMP.

Wednesday, July 24

- RCMP confirm the burned-out vehicle found in Gillam Monday was the Toyota RAV4 McLeod and Schmegelsky had been seen driving. Mounties say they’ve set up a check stop on the road leading into the town.

- Schmegelsky’s father says he believes his son will not survive a potential confrontation with police. McLeod’s father releases a statement describing his son as kind and considerate.

- The third victim is identified as Len Dyck of Vancouver. His family issues a statement describing him as a loving husband and father. Mounties charge McLeod and Schmegelsky with second-degree murder in connection to Dyck’s death.

Thursday, July 25

- Gillam residents say they are on edge as RCMP search their town, with one saying people are “sleeping with their guns close.” RCMP say there were two confirmed sightings of the suspects in the town and they believe McLeod and Schmegelsky are still in or near the area."

Thank you! Okay, now everything is making sense. The thread got waaaay to confusing.

Again, anyone able to post a timeline of factual events and confirmed stories and such?

you are also free to search all the papers and make a post and contribute to the thread just letting you know, you are allowed if you feel a timeline that doesn't include everything is already somewhere here

really ... others have posted that there is not much traffic and that you could go hours without seeing another car ... hm
I have been up through there at least a hundred times or so back and forth. There's long stretches of straightaways and there's some curved areas. We never like to drive at night time because of the moose and deer that would be crossing the road and that can be really really dangerous. So you always wanted to have good headlights that you could see how far to try to avoid them if you were driving at night time. And we always used to take a little bit of gas and supplies with this just in case any thing happened and we got broke down because depending on the time of the year and the time of day you can go hours without people passing. In the summertime the road can be somewhat busy but it's usually not wall-to-wall vehicles. Typically if you've broken down .... which people I know have .... people always stop to help usually cuz help can be a long time away. Liard hotsprings it's not too too far up the highway from where the couple were camped out and murdered. And there's usually lots of people around there. But again what's lots of people? A handful or more... there are certainly not hundreds.

you are also free to search all the papers and make a post and contribute to the thread just letting you know, you are allowed
I read through a lot of threads, just seen someone posted a recent article. I've been combing through a lot of articles. I just got off work and wanted to see if anything changed. But was bombarded by talk of random Canadian cities and how bad the RCMP officers Canadian accent was.
Just wanted to know quick facts.

Again, anyone able to post a timeline of factual events and confirmed stories and such?

Key moments in the manhunt for two suspected B.C. killers

Friday, July 12

Saturday, July 13

Sunday, July 14

Monday, July 15

Thursday, July 18

Friday, July 19

Saturday, July 20

Sunday, July 21

Monday, July 22

Tuesday, July 23

Wednesday, July 24

Thursday, July 25

- Gillam residents say they are on edge as RCMP search their town, with one saying people are “sleeping with their guns close.” RCMP say there were two confirmed sightings of the suspects in the town and they believe McLeod and Schmegelsky are still in or near the area.

I read through a lot of threads, just seen someone posted a recent article. I've been combing through a lot of articles. I just got off work and wanted to see if anything changed. But was bombarded by talk of random Canadian cities and how bad the RCMP officers Canadian accent was.
Just wanted to know quick facts.

the posts can jump, not even the O/T but just in general. normally i make a post for each day but forgot today. its normally in page one or two of the thread

I have been up through there at least a hundred times or so back and forth. There's long stretches of straightaways and there's some curved areas. We never like to drive at night time because of the moose and deer that would be crossing the road and that can be really really dangerous. So you always wanted to have good headlights that you could see how far to try to avoid them if you were driving at night time. And we always used to take a little bit of gas and supplies with this just in case any thing happened and we got broke down because depending on the time of the year and the time of day you can go hours without people passing. In the summertime the road can be somewhat busy but it's usually not wall-to-wall vehicles. Typically if you've broken down .... which people I know have .... people always stop to help usually cuz help can be a long time away. Liard hotsprings it's not too too far up the highway from where the couple were camped out and murdered. And there's usually lots of people around there. But again what's lots of people? A handful or more... there are certainly not hundreds.

thank you
perspective from locals is helpful

the posts can jump, not even the O/T but just in general. normally i make a post for each day but forgot today. its normally in page one or two of the thread
Thanks. I didn't mean to come off combative. Long day and I rely on this more than a lot of forums for accurate postings. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

And thanks to those that posted the factual timeline. I am less confused about things now.

ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is not about poutine, polar bears, social media rumor posts, media, etc. Stick to discussing MSM articles, LE information, the FACTS of this case or you may lose posting privileges either temporarily or permanently.

122 off topic posts removed tonight ... the most ever in one thread in less than a day. We do have other threads to tend to and aren't sitting on one thread 24/7 reviewing posts in real time. Please don't put in your post "is this okay Mods?" or "if not, please delete". Mods/Admins are not reading your post to know you have a question. Use the Report feature to ask and a Mod or Admin and you will get an answer when there is time. In the meantime, don't post it until you receive an answer.

Also, there are no Verified Insiders in this thread. If you feel you have particular expertise and would like to be verified to share your knowledge, please contact Tricia and follow the instructions in this post. If you are not a VI, you must provide a link (MSM, LE, or scholarly) to substantiate what you claim as fact; otherwise your post will be removed.

Sincere apologies to our Australian members who may not have been able to post tonight due to the lengthy shutdown.

Thread is open again for posting within The Rules linked in my signature.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

I'm not saying any of these incidents are related. Just passing on information.

Gillam MB to Hanover MB 1131 kms. Around 12 hours.

"The cause is suspicious," says Wiebe. "At this point RCMP are investigating. If anybody saw anything or has any information they could contact RCMP.

This is the third suspicious fire this week in the RM of Hanover.

Another Suspicious Fire In Hanover - Steinbachonline.com

Hanover MB to Piney MB - 80kms, 52 minutes.

A search is underway for a missing 84-year-old woman who was last seen in the Piney, Man., area on Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5225644

Thank-you.

I noticed the missing 84 year old woman was missing after going out to pick berries, but, had heard nothing about these 3 fires.

Need to map them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member