Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
they just want to get as many people looking as they can speed up the search
What if they aren’t at this farm though? They could be anywhere unless the police know more than they are saying[/QU

I really hope the farm is the last place their phones pinged. Otherwise, they're wasting their time. I think LE must know more than they're saying.

Burning your own trash and such is pretty common on farms - most people around us do. I’m not sure about for a feed yard though - as far as burning lost cattle - I’ll ask my husband, but I think most people burry them or compost them in a pit - we do anyways.

Does anyone have farming experience? It's my understanding that a burn pit on a farm is actually fairly commonplace for that setting. Is there any veracity to that?
Yes people do burn on farms silage bags etc..I don’t know how common it is though-guess it depends on the area etc..

78 acres which isn’t a real big farm for raising cattle unless it’s a dry lot where cattle are fed year round and ground is used for hay not pasture

With the number of cattle he talked about in the video and the pastures running out, plus the size of his tractors and equipment there are likely more acres involved that are either owned or leased.

Charged. Will update.

ETA:
12 minutes ago:
“BRAYMER, Mo. — A Braymer, Missouri, man has been charged in connection to the disappearance of two Wisconsin brothers north of the metro. But officials still don’t know where the two brothers are.

Garland Nelson, 25, has been charged with tampering with a motor vehicle, a first-degree felony, in Caldwell County. The charge stems from the search for 35-year-old Nick Diemel and 24-year-old Justin Diemel.

Court documents say on Sunday morning, the Diemel brothers left a Quality Inn off I-35 in Cameron, Missouri, and drove to an address on Catawba Road in Braymer where Nelson operates his farm.

A few hours later, the truck’s GPS information shows it leaving the farm. It’s later seen on surveillance footage in Polo, and there is no one in the passenger seat.

Just before 1 p.m. that day, the truck pulls into a commuter lot in Holt, Missouri, which is where officials would later find it on Monday, empty with the keys in the ignition.

Court documents say when investigators questioned Nelson he admitted to leaving the rental truck at the commuter lot.

[SBM]

At this time, he’s not in police custody, but there’s a warrant out for his arrest.

If you have any information, you’re asked to call Clinton County CrimeStoppers at 816-632-TIPS.“ (BBM)
Braymer man charged in connection to missing Wisconsin brothers’ case, but search continues

ETA 2: I really hope he hasn’t fled.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Caldwell County Prosecutor’s Office has charged Garland Joseph Nelson, 25, with tampering with a motor vehicle.

According to court documents, Nelson admitted of driving the Diemel brothers rental truck and leaving it at a commuter lot in Holt MIssouri.

41 Action News (@41actionnews) | Twitter
2 min. ago
Andres Gutierrez on Twitter

6419197D-E0F9-4E6B-A4C7-222E7457FE8E.jpeg 8305D779-86D6-4D27-94B0-BF564DF3FE76.jpeg 05E4CE0E-AD03-4291-AE2E-37E7A2006407.jpeg
I’m not sure when the black and white picture is from.

The probable cause statement says GPS route information pulled from the truck's black box shows the vehicle left the brothers' hotel at 8:55 am. It arrived at Nelson's property, where he conducts his farm operations, at 9:26 am. The vehicle left the farm property at 11:44 am and arrived at the park-and-ride lot at 12:45 pm.

Search for missing Shawano Co. brothers continues with Friday update coming

If he had sold the cattle that should have been yours, he should be smart enough to show you someone else’s cattle and tell you that they’re yours (that’s usually how people commit fraud - if he feeds for many buyers, you wouldn’t know how many cattle he is supposed to have on hand and could be easily tricked). If you suspect something is going on, you’d probably call around to sale barns/others you know feeding there to find out as much info about current numbers as you can and follow up with police from there.
snipped for focus, bbm

@flossieflo

Thanks for your view from inside the business. And welcome to our forums.

If still suspicious after calling around, as you say, is it likely distant owner would drive/fly in to see feedlot/prop where cattle are supposed to be? Or more likely to contact LE? Both?
Seems unlikely owner could do this without first contacting someone at feedlot.
Does an eartag actually link each animal to owner by name?
Would owner doing an eartag/head count, be a meaningful or reliable way to verify his cattle are still there? Or how could owner verify his cattle were not sold?
Thx in adv.

ETA:
Found Missouri statute re brands and may post & ask about that later.
Missouri Revisor of Statutes - Revised Statutes of Missouri, RSMo Chapter 268

Last edited:
I can’t wait to see what asinine explanation he gave for why he decided to drive the brothers rental truck to Holt and then leave it running in a commuter lot

I think this one will be pretty open and shut.

Where has it said it was left running? Everything I've seen is that the keys were in the ignition only.

Braymer man charged in connection to missing Wisconsin brothers’ case, but search continues

Missing Shawano Co. brothers: Property owner charged with tampering with vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member