Found Deceased NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

This makes me very sad. Wonder why his vehicle wasn't discovered sooner. It's one of the obvious ways he would have been driving to get home. I'm glad he was found, at least..at last. RIP Tom. :(
It does seem like a place they would have searched right away but perhaps they had other leads that looked more promising.

I saw something similar happen on the way to work one morning, a women went off into a tiny wooded area no bigger than 20' x 20' and she went in at just the right angle as to make her dark colored SUV almost invisible. Luckily there were lots of witnesses.

I hope they find he died on impact and could not have been saved. (I know that sounds bad)

It does seem like a place they would have searched right away but perhaps they had other leads that looked more promising.

I saw something similar happen on the way to work one morning, a women went off into a tiny wooded area no bigger than 20' x 20' and she went in at just the right angle as to make her dark colored SUV almost invisible. Luckily there were lots of witnesses.

I hope they find he died on impact and could not have been saved. (I know that sounds bad)
I understand what you mean. His last phone ping at 3am is exactly where he was. And this is a busy exchange /intersection, especially in summer with folks headed to the beaches. Must be as you mentioned - truck in there in a way not easy to see. So sad they didn't find him sooner. So sad period.

What age makes it a silver alert? I was shocked with I saw Jennifer D’s case listed as a silver alert at 50!

and may have an EZ Pass for his limo job...….

And to go off topic with you zecats….I remember the Robert Mayer MP case here (still unsolved) ...one of our WS members reminded us of the movie Donnie Brosco when Al Pacino was going to be whacked and left all his jewelry home b/c he knew his death was coming and IIRC Rob had left personal items home.
And to reply to myself.....I do not believe that Rob is dead.

Another recent link. This video has an interview with the man who found Tom's truck (and Tom). It was one of Tom's friends, who went to that spot to search for him. Said he had a hunch it's where he would be. Seems the truck was not visible from the road.

His friends were persistent and I'm glad it wasn't a stranger who found him, as weird as that may sound. MOO

Police: Missing Centereach man found dead in vehicle in wooded area

Last edited:
Really sorry to read this news today. I knew a hidden vehicle had been located late last night in the area where his phone last pinged, and when I saw his thread was no longer in the Missing Persons category, I knew it wasn’t going to be good news.

From all of the quotes in MSM and the huge and immediate effort put forth to find him, it’s clear that Tom had a lot of really good friends who loved him dearly. I hope they all find comfort in the coming days and can all find relief that the “not knowing” nightmare phase is finally over.

I also like to think that since Tom made no attempts to call anyone for help after the accident that he was killed on impact and didn’t have to sit for hours in pain and die alone. Rest In Peace, Tom.

Really sorry to read this news today. I knew a hidden vehicle had been located late last night in the area where his phone last pinged, and when I saw his thread was no longer in the Missing Persons category, I knew it wasn’t going to be good news.

From all of the quotes in MSM and the huge and immediate effort put forth to find him, it’s clear that Tom had a lot of really good friends who loved him dearly. I hope they all find comfort in the coming days and can all find relief that the “not knowing” nightmare phase is finally over.

I also like to think that since Tom made no attempts to call anyone for help after the accident that he was killed on impact and didn’t have to sit for hours in pain and die alone. Rest In Peace, Tom.
On a particularly eerie note, myself and a lot of family were in the area for a birthday party the Saturday and Sunday after Tom went missing. I'm sure some of us drove by that intersection. It hurts my heart.

How very tragic. :( Wishing peace and comfort to Tom's family and loved ones. I hope Sasha is receiving lots and lots of TLC as she is grieving too.

Rest easy, Tom Kelsey.
t115001.gif

100% agree- haven't thought about that case in a while.....
Ida posted a reward around late spring for any info....have not heard any updates at all.....she has nothing on her FB other than "implying" (IMO) he is dead......man we had wild times with that one !!!!

beautifully put...…….oh hell....now I am crying

We’re absolutely heartbroken

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back