CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Potentially in places, but not everywhere out there. By wifi i assume you mean cellular data, wifi in the wild would require them to stumble on cottage that has a router with wifi and likely to know the password.

I've been up there, both for work and for pleasure (long canoe tripping), and you wont get very much service with rogers, only 2g in places few and far between. With bell you can 3g in town pretty consistently, outside of town it drops off fast, and places with good reception again become few and far between, just a bit better than bell's competitors.

Being able to consistently use the internet, check SM, google stuff, or download maps would be incredibly limited on either service, because cellular data and LTE only work in a very small area around the towns, once out in the bush you will likely not get cell data at all.
Also, having come from the west, they'd likely have different plans: telus is the most reliable service where I live on Vancouver Island.

Everyone's opinion is valid, mine is that every relationship has a leader/follower dynamic going on, although in more equal relationships it may shift back and forth between indivuals, depending on who is feeling stronger or more convinced, and who is feeling weaker and more doubtful, at any moment. But I don't believe it's possible, in a situation so fraught with high pressure decision-making, for two people to have identical reactions and ideas all the time. They have to negotiate and come to agreement in order to take action, and that means fairly often one will need to convince the other, somehow.
Yes! I totally agree! But, I was more referring to what lead them to where they are now. I think both participated as to say...it just wasn’t one wanting to do whatever they set out to do.

During the news conference today, when questioned if the two were heading west, there was a hesitation and she seemed ruffled and went red. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Maybe they are thinking the RAV4 was actually passed off earlier to some unsuspecting person who was eager to make a couple bucks for ditching it/lighting it on fire within an agreed upon time frame.

Especially in that remote area, I bet a lot of people do not have cable or internet.

Anybody not from rural canada would be shocked to see the price of just 2mbps down of internet in places like gillam, these people definitely aren't streaming the news online.

Cable tv is more common, but usually people just resort to a digital tv antenna.

THIS is my point!

At that age, they need to make sure their social group knows what is going on and that they can follow their own fans of this real-life outlaw escapade.
If these 2 did manage to elude the RCMP and are holed up in some remote cabin with internet connection they could be posting online under articles, YT or even watching and reading here :(. (Read the comments under CBC news articles too, I do FWIW). Keep eyes and ears open. JMO

Kam McLeod & Bryer Schmegelsky MAY have changed their appearance & inadvertently been given assistance to leave the area by someone that was not aware of who they were. If anyone out there is hesitant to come forward – it is crucial for you call police immediately. #rcmpmb
Question for Manitoba locals:
This is probably a silly question, but do most people have cable in that area? Is there a chance that someone in the area doesn't realize there's a manhunt underway (or at least at that early point of giving them a ride didn't know), or is this common knowledge for ALL residents? Basically, what are the chances someone isn't hearing about this plea from the RCMP?

Read any book on killer duos, and they invariably involve an uneven balance of power.

Some are more dramatic than others, but they exist.

You are correct. There is a massive amount of literature on this (including peer reviewed literature). That power dynamic is crucial to understanding overall criminal behavior. In fact, a couple striving as hard as possible toward egalitarianism would have a difficult time with the rapid decision-making needed for the successful criminal lifestyle.

Anybody not from rural canada would be shocked to see the price of just 2mbps down of internet in places like gillam, these people definitely aren't streaming the news online.

Cable tv is more common, but usually people just resort to a digital tv antenna.

It’s been a long time since I’ve lived in Manitoba. Are people not using satellite internet from, e.g, Xplornet?

I think BS is the leader, regardless of the fact that Kam is walking in front of him in that short store video (which is weak evidence).

His (concerning) history gives me that impression, as does the fact that he’s wearing camo.

Like this is his fantasy.

I would have to agree with this also.

BS comes across in any picture I have seen of him as smug. This is also evident in the video. KM looks like a regular young guy in a t-shirt and jeans while BS is wearing full camo. The two don't even look like they go together at all. KM looks like he is going to a concert and BS looks like he is going to war. I think everything that is happening is more important to BS. It's probable that KM has some issues and just goes with the flow or maybe he feels a sense of responsibility to BS because they have been friends for so long. I think BS most likely the ongoing catalyst.

In the video, body language is telling too. BS is alert, KM looks tired and hunched over. Watching them walk KM is dragging himself, and BS seems to be walking with more of a purpose.

Would it work in remote areas?

From the link;

How reliable are they?

Portable devices vary in particular capabilities but as long as there is network coverage in the destination you are in you will be able to access the internet.

So basically, it doesn't just magically work, still need to have coverage in the area you are in.

THIS is my point!

At that age, they need to make sure their social group knows what is going on and that they can follow their own fans of this real-life outlaw escapade.

Their social media before this incident was mostly devoid of followers or friends. They each had about a dozen FB friends and even less on IG. Their steam accounts were pretty bare.

They seem pretty anhedonic so I'm not sure this is the case at all, but its possible I guess

I don’t think LE is positive they left, but I do think they have some information that is pointing them in that direction.

I don’t think they were taking a flyer on them perhaps changing their appearance, or being unwittingly aided by a third party.

Something is telling them that.

Possibly their forensic analytic team (profilers, seasoned detectives, anthropologists, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc). It may be an educated guess.

Because at this point, this duo is successfully terrorizing an entire region, whether intentionally or not. And LE is not an unlimited resource, nor is the public going to be calmed by hearing "they could be anywhere" over and over.

I'd guess that they have some specific information that makes them think appearance may have changed, though.

It's called a "dynamic" for a reason. I'm an anthropologist (40 years now). It is never stable, but if certain decisions or processes are 70/30 we'd say that the 70%er was exercising more power in that set of decisions. If it was always 50/50, that would be unusual, require considerable data, but then we'd say it was egalitarian.

It's simple primate observation, to me. Now that being said, there are deceptive dynamics (where the true leader acts way less important - like we've seen fictionally many times, but we do see in the real world as well). The decision-maker hides behind their support. This throws onlookers off. That's pretty sophisticated, and yet, a pair of teens can just naturally fall into that dynamic.

Monkey 1 constantly hesitates and lets Monkey 2 grab the banana. Monkey 2 is pleased and thinks they may be the "leader." After all, they have more bananas. But Monkey 1 may have something else up their sleeve (grabbing some other major resource while Monkey 2 is busy with bananas).

But in the case of survival, the dynamics shift based on whom is more knowledgeable in different areas. If person A has more knowledge on fire starting and shelter making, and person B on hunting and slaughter... neither is taking an overall leadership role. They are both taking on the 50/50 role, relying on the other where they are weak.

Schmegelsky appears (IMO) to be holding something against his chest and with his back to the camera, quickly puts it in his coat.

I circled it:
View attachment 195152

(And they walked right past the bug spray.)

Schmegelsky appears (IMO) to be holding something against his chest and with his back to the camera, quickly puts it in his coat.

I circled it:
View attachment 195152

(And they walked right past the bug spray.)
They definitely shoplifted something. It's written all over their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288