Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
7/22/2019

It has been eight months since CB and DB have seen or talked to their only daughter. Eight months that Baby K has been without her mama. I know she's being well cared for and in the best place possible but it still just makes me furious. They didn't get to say goodbye. They can't even bury her. I hate him. And there's a special place in hell for KK too. MOO
I am so with you on this. I think of Kelsey and her family all of the time. This was just cold, cruel, and despicable. They don't have one blessed part of her to bury, they don't have a chance for closure or to give her a proper burial. That jerk could at least tell them where her remains are- maybe they could have a little service for her there, if it meant anything to them.

Just so heartbreaking. That poor sweet little girl will grow up not only motherless, but also fatherless and with the knowledge that her father was a cold hearted murderer. KK in my eyes is just as guilty- she makes me sick. How she gets up every day and faces herself in the mirror is beyond me. Had she been a half way decent woman, she would have gone to the police, not attempted to try and kill Kelsey herself. I don't give her any props for walking away those times. How could she do clean up, how? Sick, sick, sick, the both of them!

I am so with you on this. I think of Kelsey and her family all of the time. This was just cold, cruel, and despicable. They don't have one blessed part of her to bury, they don't have a chance for closure or to give her a proper burial. That jerk could at least tell them where her remains are- maybe they could have a little service for her there, if it meant anything to them.

Just so heartbreaking. That poor sweet little girl will grow up not only motherless, but also fatherless and with the knowledge that her father was a cold hearted murderer. KK in my eyes is just as guilty- she makes me sick. How she gets up every day and faces herself in the mirror is beyond me. Had she been a half way decent woman, she would have gone to the police, not attempted to try and kill Kelsey herself. I don't give her any props for walking away those times. How could she do clean up, how? Sick, sick, sick, the both of them!
Sooooo well said @Steelslady! Let there be justice for Kelsey, soon!! I want to hear what KK is still hiding. PF's attorney will surely have fleshed it out. It nauseates me to know she's walking around, free as a bird and that people actually support her. Can't wait to see her exposed!

Sooooo well said @Steelslady! Let there be justice for Kelsey, soon!! I want to hear what KK is still hiding. PF's attorney will surely have fleshed it out. It nauseates me to know she's walking around, free as a bird and that people actually support her. Can't wait to see her exposed![/QUOTE

I just looked yesterday at the status of her nursing license and it still expires in August but is unencumbered. Soooo we will see. In CA I believe you have to be convicted before they do anything, but mayeb since she plead guilty, no renewal???

TELLER COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - It appears prosecutors won't pursue the death penalty against a Colorado man accused of beating the mother of his child to death with a baseball bat.

Deadline for prosecutors to pursue death penalty for Patrick Frazee in Kelsey Berreth case is Friday

I’m not surprised.

A no body prosecution is one thing, but a capital case without a body is another thing entirely.

It’s not like this guy would have ever been put to death anyways.

I just wanted it for leverage, not that it provides much in Colorado to begin with.

Article from today mentioning KB's murder in r/t Teller Co. stats:
Most likely to die of suicide in Teller County detailed in new report

SABBM:

White men ages 40 to 65 are more likely to die by suicide in Teller County than any other group, says the first in-depth annual report from the county Coroner’s Office.

The new report recorded no homicides for last year.

The presumed death of 29-year-old mother and Woodland Park resident Kelsey Berreth, who was last seen publicly on Thanksgiving Day, is not documented as a homicide because her body hasn’t been found, authorities have said.

“It’s still a homicide investigation; it’s being investigated as no-body homicide,” De Young said of the high-profile case, which captured worldwide media attention.

So, when will the coroner count her death as a homicide?

Has a death certificate been issued?

Has she been declared legally dead yet, or not?

If not, will her parents have to wait until PF is convicted to have her declared legally dead?

Just when you think we've run out of reasons to hate PF, here's another one thrown in our face.

Her death isn't even counted in the county's records.

JMO.

Unbelievable. Sickening.

Thaaaat's right, just treat her death like it's nothing special, toss her case aside like so much garbage.

How horrible for Kelsey's Family and Friends.

I pray that they can get through this okay.

Justice for Kelsey.

justiceReturnKey.jpg

As disappointed as I am that PF doesn't have the 'DP Stigma' looming over his head, I'm okay with DA May not charging it. Agreed Mass Guy, it holds no weight in CO really, and with no body recovered this case would have been overcharged IMO. (I hate to even type that :()

Believe me, there isn't many other defendants that deserve the DP and a real shot at execution more than this malignant monster PF IMO.

I agree with @MassGuy - unfortunately, this was predictable.

Heartbreaking, but predictable.

I know that I probably shouldn't be giving kudos to those lawyers for coming forward about KK (KK's friend worked for the lawyers) possibly being involved or knowing what happened to Kelsey, but I truly think PF would have gotten away with it, if they hadn't spoken up. So would KK, life would have gone on for the rodeo king and queen like usual.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted*******

We haven't heard officially -- but prosecutors said awhile ago that the consumptive testing isn't as critical to the case as they originally thought. The death penalty is a separate trial. They'd need a conviction first. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

5:06 PM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
Sam Kraemer Retweeted*******

We haven't heard officially -- but prosecutors said awhile ago that the consumptive testing isn't as critical to the case as they originally thought. The death penalty is a separate trial. They'd need a conviction first. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

5:06 PM - 26 Jul 2019 pst

Not as critical to the case as originally thought? Ok, that's gonna keep me up again. What changed?

I am disappointed; very very very dissapointed. But yes, DP wouldn't mean much here in Colorado, but PF just so deserves so much worse than what he will be getting....in any case. The way he hurt/killed KB is beyond terrible... there really aren't adequate words... and in carrying something like this out, takes the worst kind of creature (i could not get myself to type human)....

KB, little KB, and family... I think about all of you all the time. I hope so much that justice will be served to the greatest extent possible and that you find strength every day in each other.

MOO

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
NEW TODAY: Prosecutors had until today to file a motion seeking the death penalty against Patrick Frazee, the Florissant man charged in the murder of Kelsey Berreth. They did not file that motion, meaning they will not seek it. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @KOAA
EAcF-4HU4AAGVSk.jpg

6:36 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
CO law requires prosecutors establish an 'aggravating factor' to seek the death penalty, which include: financial gain; especially heinous, cruel or depraved conduct; or extreme indifference to human life. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney @KOAA
6:50 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Had they filed the motion, Frazee's case first would've gone to trial. Following (& depending on) that verdict, the same jury would've decided on the death penalty. It's hardly been used in CO, but is often utilized as a bargaining chip. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee
6:51 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Here's our @KOAA story on today's development in the murder case against Patrick Frazee.
7:33 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Prosecutors will not seek death penalty against Patrick Frazee
[...]

Prosecutors had until Friday, 90 days following Frazee's not guilty plea, to file a motion in pursuit of capital punishment. Lee Richards, a spokesperson for the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, confirmed to News 5 that prosecutors did not file the motion.

[...]

While seldom used in Colorado, the death penalty is often used as a bargaining chip for a plea deal. The last time Colorado executed an inmate was 1997.

[...]

Frazee is due in court for an all-day motions hearing on Aug. 23. His trial, which is expected to take three weeks, begins on Oct. 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998