Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day that goes by is a day that makes it less likely this lunatic is caught. If the guy was local and they had actual DNA, I'll go out on the limb and say the efforts of everybody involved would have nailed this guy long ago especially in a small town.

Everything was and is just too basic. Majority of people in that town and parts of rural Indiana probably look like that guy and wear the same clothes.

Not only that they have the drug game to worry about too. Drugs that come into those parts for whatever reason and take over good people and good things. That's a priority too to weed out.

I just got an alert to her (Libby) sister's YouTube vlog and watched it. My heart breaks for her. She did a new post.

I cannot remember, with in terms of service, are we allowed to link her sister's vlog from 11 hours ago?

She is covering other cases too.

Last edited:
Perhaps that is one more clue into the planning this killer facilitated. This all felt planned by this sicko from the beginning. This really never felt like a random event. There was planning involved here. All IMO and would love to see their efforts produce justice for these youngsters. Gone way too soon.
Agree 100%, Jim!

IMO, people can carry a lot of potential identifiers on them, which could leave behind trace evidence. Pet or stock hair/dander, chemical residues (fertilizers, reagents, cleaning supplies, etc), oils/lubricants/gas, paints/inks/dyes, grain or wood dusts, metal shavings, fabric/threads, various manufacturing residues, and probably a million other things.

I realize that those identifiers alone might not be enough to link somebody specifically to a crime, but if there was something other than DNA left at the crime scene, maybe these kinds of things could possibly help? Just a thought.

Every day that goes by is a day that makes it less likely this lunatic is caught. If the guy was local and they had actual DNA, I'll go out on the limb and say the efforts of everybody involved would have nailed this guy long ago especially in a small town.
I still think the Purdue angle needs to be explored vigorously.

Amateur opinion and speculation

IMO, people can carry a lot of potential identifiers on them, which could leave behind trace evidence. Pet or stock hair/dander, chemical residues (fertilizers, reagents, cleaning supplies, etc), oils/lubricants/gas, paints/inks/dyes, grain or wood dusts, metal shavings, fabric/threads, various manufacturing residues, and probably a million other things.

I realize that those identifiers alone might not be enough to link somebody specifically to a crime, but if there was something other than DNA left at the crime scene, maybe these kinds of things could possibly help? Just a thought.
Yes, there are so many things. I vaguely recall a case in CA where red glitter became part of the evidence. And even though there are many different manufacturers it was traced down to being an exact match. Never discount anything.

Even if LE didn't actually get DNA from the killer during their interviews, I believe I read where LE took swabs for DNA from several of those they talked to during the investigation. I don't how much is involved in DNA comparisons but if the killer still had blood relatives in the area there is a chance that a cousin, brother, or some other such relative could reveal a family relationship. Evidently that comparison with the DNA at the crime scene has not been done or LE didn't find any such relationship. LE is turning over every rock so I can't imagine it has not been tried.

That is how Bobby Joe Long was tied to his crimes. Red nylon carpet fibre was a major piece of evidence.

Lisa Noland, his only living victim, was a key part of the investigation.

https://heavy-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/heavy.com/news/2019/05/bobby-joe-long/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQA#aoh=15642431377867&csi=1&referrer=https://www.google.com&_tf=From %1$s&share=https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/bobby-joe-long/

JMO

Yes, there are so many things. I vaguely recall a case in CA where red glitter became part of the evidence. And even though there are many different manufacturers it was traced down to being an exact match. Never discount anything.
Exactly! We know next to nothing about what LE has for evidence. I don't think a lack of DNA (which we don't know what they have, either) is an end all to the case. As LE gets information handed to them from other crimes that happen, eventually maybe they'll get a match. Something like (and this is a made up scenario), "Oh, this 12 year old girl from Camden had a guy try to abduct her and the same pine dust from a local mill was left on her coat sleeve as what we found at Delphi..." That sort of thing can lead an investigation into a new direction. These are all just my random (and hopeful) thoughts.

At first, I thought Nahhh, and then I thought about something. What if there was another person waiting below the bridge? Could BG have used a game call to alert an accomplice to get ready, it's going according to plan? Is that why Libby started recording. We've speculated that he did something that made them uneasy.

Maybe I'm just tired and losing my mind :)
I'm thinking she would of been even more weirded out if someone answered his game call.

Not sure if anyone posted this yet, but the podcast Case File just released an episode on the girls. I am going to listen now. It is an excellent podcast for those of you who do not know it.
It took me a while to find it because I was searching "Case File" instead of "Casefile". I have heard some of the cases the narrator covers, but he also covers cases in the UK and Australia. Some of his more recent appeared to be in those countries so I haven't checked the podcast in some time.

I notice another weird mannerism when playing it frame by frame that I've attributed to the uneven bridge ties, but when BG puts his left foot down and lifts his right leg, his whole neck and head and upper torso leans forward and over to the the left and kind of sways back to center when his right foot is fully lifted. Could be that he was off balance and/or turning to the left, but it's odd.

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation
I notice almost a favoring of his left leg in the way he was walking but with only minimal frames to view it could just be him traversing that tricky bridge.

This may be a bit OT but still relevant. I was watching a new documentary on Netflix called "The Great Hack". It's all about how big companies and government too use data mining to influence all sorts of things. Made me think more about how individuals could also use the massive social media footprint of people to influence individuals, especially young ones. Rethinking a lot of what could have possibly occurred with the Delphi girls online prior to the murders. It's all such a web of deceit out there, along with the good. AJMO

Only LE knows. However, there is a mess of DNAs at the crime scene, probably. JMO. I think they got enough to prove presence of a certain person, and hence, they have an idea who he is. However, it won’t fly in court, because, open space, rural area, etc. Especially if he is a local.

This is why they need other witnesses.

There may be the situation when they will know, but will never be able to prove. However, the life of this person might already be ruined beyond redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member