Still Missing TX - Erika Gaytan, 29, concert at El Paso County Coliseum, 13 July 2019 *Guilty*

Detectives follow several leads in case of missing El Paso woman last seen at concert

This article mentions some criminal trials that were coming up. I don't know if they have anything to do with this missing persons case, but a search through the El Paso County records brought up some upcoming felony trials.
From your link. New slant on this case? Voluntary disappearance perhaps?

"El Paso County court records show Gaytan faced a pair of upcoming criminal trials later this year.

In February, she was indicted on 66 counts of credit/debit card abuse and was scheduled to go to trial in November, according to court records.

In 2017, she was featured on El Paso's most-wanted fugitives list on a charge of criminal mischief over $2,500. She is scheduled to go to trial in that case on
Aug. 9."

"El Paso County court records show Gaytan faced a pair of upcoming criminal trials later this year.

In February, she was indicted on 66 counts of credit/debit card abuse and was scheduled to go to trial in November, according to court records.

In 2017, she was featured on El Paso's most-wanted fugitives list on a charge of criminal mischief over $2,500. She is scheduled to go to trial in that case on
Aug. 9."

Hmm... this must be why the police don’t seem worried about her being gone. Ideally, she disappeared herself and is preparing a place for her son to come join her. Could she have fled to Mexico? I hope she is ok, and that the police don’t just assume she hid herself and then we find out she actually was harmed.

Hmm... this must be why the police don’t seem worried about her being gone. Ideally, she disappeared herself and is preparing a place for her son to come join her. Could she have fled to Mexico? I hope she is ok, and that the police don’t just assume she hid herself and then we find out she actually was harmed.
My thoughts too, I admit, after reading this. Mexico is certainly close. No sure the boy's father would be agreeable to that. JMO

Aug. 9."

Here is a link to the court records that you can search by first and last name (and make sure it is GAYTAN, not GAYTON). https://casesearch.epcounty.com/PublicAccess/Search.aspx?ID=100 Criminal Mischief and Failure to Appear (2017), DUI and No Drivers License (2018), Credit Card Abuse (felony) 2019 with trial set for Nov. 1 2019. With that many indictments (over 50) she's looking at some serious jail time. If she is convicted of a 3rd-degree felony in Texas she's looking at 10 years in prison. Her child would be almost an adult when she got out.

Going back to my questions on maybe suicidal. If she thought she was going to jail for a long time that might give her cause or as mentioned above, voluntarily missing. Went to Mexico
I hope she turns herself in. For her family’s sake.

Going back to my questions on maybe suicidal. If she thought she was going to jail for a long time that might give her cause or as mentioned above, voluntarily missing. Went to Mexico
I hope she turns herself in. For her family’s sake.

Interesting pivot back to potential suicide. I hope not. I hope she is just hiding out, but that idea makes perfect sense. Maybe she went to Mexico to commit suicide and staged the scene to look like it wasn’t suicide. That would at least protect her boy from growing up knowing she killed herself.

I hate this situation. I just want her to be ok.

For all the missing persons out there---reform the Law. LE always says "there is nothing we can do until 48 hrs are past" That is exactly how many hours you have to follow fresh leads and possible find the victim or the perpetrator.
LE needs to make a judgement before that 48 hour window. If they think it could be the persons MO to disappear, just run a record search to see if the missing person has done this befor...and if not the Law needs to give them the right to begin immediately ...Listen to the families they know the missing person. If it seems wrong to them.....Well, their concers are most likely valid.
Too much time is lost in these cases and dead bodies are the result of of antiquaited laws.

This is an old story that many people believe, but it is not true. Check the law in your state. Check it anywhere.

This is an old story that many people believe, but it is not true. Check the law in your state. Check it anywhere.
Yes I have been made aware there is no Law to that effect. However the law as written is subject to the way various municipalities handle their missing person cases. Many are far from the original Law. These are the ones I must have been reading about.
The Law is the Law and should be upheld by every state and municipality.

Gaytan faced 66 charges of credit card abuse — and faced a related case from 2017 where she was accused of criminal mischief — at the time she vanished..

In fact, police noted that Gaytan was on El Paso's "Most Wanted" list back in 2017.

Gaytan was scheduled to be in court for the criminal mischief charge on Friday — as well as being set for another court appearance in September.

Police said, however, that investigators at this time do not consider the charges to be a factor in her disappearance, and she is still considered to be endangered.

Missing El Paso mom was facing dozens of criminal charges when she vanished

who cares that she had charges and was on the most wanted list. this woman is missing and could possibly be in danger....

"Police said, however, that investigators at this time do not consider the charges to be a factor in her disappearance, and she is still considered to be endangered."

who cares that she had charges and was on the most wanted list. this woman is missing and could possibly be in danger....

You must be new here. (Welcome!) Things like this are always discussed. ALL possibilities are thrown out and looked into. Hence the “sleuth” part of Websleuths. No one is discounting the fact that she is missing and that foul play is very likely involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back