Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree; if FFC searched FGM's house and grounds, alerted AMS and went for a drive in FGM's car all before MFC arrived home at 10:35-36, then William disappeared and was missed earlier than 10:25-30.
@JLZ
I agree, the podcast timeline doesn't fit with the standard "missing" time. The podcast is a bit vague about it:
(1:29)
Narrator: The next morning between ten and ten-thirty, the foster mum says she was having a cup of tea when William went missing.
BBM

Nowhere Child: Episode 2, "More than William"

@2cents2
I agree with you: the podcast does seem to be saying that FFC drove around before MFC got home. It doesn't specifically say they're presenting things in chronological order, so maybe there's room for doubt, but here's the order in which they're mentioned:

FFC:
1. searches the house and garden;
2. meets AMS, who starts searching;
3. gets into FFCM's car and drives around for a bit;
4. searches on foot;
5. hears the short sharp scream;
6. returns to No.48;
7. sees the 'Home in 5' text from MFC;
8. runs out onto the driveway as MFC arrives home.

Thank you very much for writing this out - makes it a lot clearer.

Yes, I thought it was all in order until CO said something along the lines of, “at one point she heard a scream” which then made me think that it may not have been in chronological order. But it could be. Makes sense of why she would use the FFG’s car.

I hope we get a complete and detailed timeline of the day William went missing from the inquest (of everyone’s whereabouts at what time etc) but I’m not sure we - the public - will.

Thank you very much for writing this out - makes it a lot clearer.

Yes, I thought it was all in order until CO said something along the lines of, “at one point she heard a scream” which then made me think that it may not have been in chronological order. But it could be. Makes sense of why she would use the FFG’s car.

I hope we get a complete and detailed timeline of the day William went missing from the inquest (of everyone’s whereabouts at what time etc) but I’m not sure we - the public - will.
BBM.

I think the main thing is that the police and Coroner have a complete and detailed timeline of everyone’s whereabouts on the day William was abducted.

Last edited:
Not being an experienced user of WS I don't know how to bring a post over from thread 42.

Wexford posting this recent article about the revamped Missing Persons Unit in reply to your post #1247
"I wonder if this will include missing presumed dead as well? I think, with all the advances in technology over that time, it could be a very interesting process. There must be a few people out there convinced they have got away with murder, and a lot of families who deserve closure."

15 Missing Person Cases Solved By Crack New Squad
dailytelegraph

Last edited:
Not being an experienced user of WS I don't know how to bring a post over from thread 42.

Wexford posting this recent article about the revamped Missing Persons Unit in reply to your post #1247
"I wonder if this will include missing presumed dead as well? I think, with all the advances in technology over that time, it could be a very interesting process. There must be a few people out there convinced they have got away with murder, and a lot of families who deserve closure."

15 Missing Person Cases Solved By Crack New Squad
dailytelegraph
Here it is. Wex was replying to deugirtni’s post:

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #42

(To copy the link to the post, click on the post #)

Yes, I'll find a link for you.

“I can’t think of anyone who would want to harm William. I was asked this question initially by Wendy Hudson (a local police officer) and I suggested (the neighbour) across the road … Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly,” the foster grandma’s statement, released by the NSW Coroners Court today, reads.

Tyrrell’s foster nan singled out neighbour

In this one, he's been check by the local Police, I'm sure there was something at the Inquest as wel.

Still looking..........
Just a thought but it's second hand info that he has been checked out (being FGM saying that Wendy Hudson told her that) and also does being 'checked out' mean the same thing as being cleared? Has anyone seen a statement where it says that local police say he has been checked out and cleared? Did they ask other people to remove their shirts?

Just a thought but it's second hand info that he has been checked out (being FGM saying that Wendy Hudson told her that) and also does being 'checked out' mean the same thing as being cleared? Has anyone seen a statement where it says that local police say he has been checked out and cleared? Did they ask other people to remove their shirts?

It was also reported from the inquest by the same officer.

Lia Harris on Twitter
@LiaJHarris
Senior Constable Hudson attended the home of a man initially identified by locals as being “a bit strange” and “disconnected from people”. He was cleared of any involvement.
10:39 AM · Mar 28, 2019

It was also reported from the inquest by the same officer.

Lia Harris on Twitter
@LiaJHarris
Senior Constable Hudson attended the home of a man initially identified by locals as being “a bit strange” and “disconnected from people”. He was cleared of any involvement.
10:39 AM · Mar 28, 2019
Didn’t PS refer to him as the one that sold up because he didn’t like the police attention or something along those lines. Was his little strange house already on the market at the time of Williams abdication though ? Or was it after

@2cents2
Do you know of any other reports saying that it was FFC's mother's car which FFC drove around in? The podcast was the first I'd heard of that.

I think it's strange that nothing more about the drive was explained in the podcast, and (apparently) nothing more has been explained anywhere else either, other than in the one small excerpt from FFC's police walk-through released to the public.
I think it would be fairly normal to get in the car and go and check down the road...faster

Fairly normal, yes. And yet not a word about it was mentioned in public until the inquest, 4.5 years later. That's the part that seems strange to
Deleted, double.
Deleted, double post.

Last edited:
Fairly normal, yes. And yet not a word about it was mentioned in public until the inquest, 4.5 years later. That's the part that seems strange to me.
Yes, totally normal to drive in the car, agreed.

And from memory, there was nothing mentioned in 10’s podcast when they talked through everything that happened that terrible morning before MFC arrived home and just afterwards about driving. Or did I miss it?

Yes, totally normal to drive in the car, agreed.

And from memory, there was nothing mentioned in 10’s podcast when they talked through everything that happened that terrible morning before MFC arrived home and just afterwards about driving. Or did I miss it?
There may have been nothing about driving mentioned in 10’s podcast, but it was certainly mentioned to police by William’s FM six days after William was abducted:

Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #40

Fairly normal, yes. And yet not a word about it was mentioned in public until the inquest, 4.5 years later. That's the part that seems strange to me.
It doesn’t really seem strange to me. The initial search for William by his FP (and others) and the video walkthroughs formed part of the brief of evidence. I would not expect police to release every minutiae of that evidence before the inquest unless, of course, it was necessary to further their investigation. In this case, as the FP have been cleared, it seems it wasn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member