GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

@gitana1 - do you know how to find the Case # on this? I know if I have the case # I don't need to pay to see when the next hearing is.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

IMG_1556.PNG

@gitana1 - do you know how to find the Case # on this? I know if I have the case # I don't need to pay to see when the next hearing is.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Yes. Sorry. I had issues with my LA Superior court account and couldn't look up the case. But I fixed it:

LA089735

Next hearing is April 30, 2019. The prelim. That's going to be a big one because that's when they lay out probable cause to bind him over for trial.

Here's the link to putting in his case number and getting info as it goes along. Hopefully you or someone can monitor that!!

Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

Tuesday, April 30th:
*Probable Cause Hearing (@ PT) – CA – Tristan Beaudette (35) (June 22, 2018, Malibu Creek State Park campground) - *Anthony Rauda (42) arrested (10/10/18) for a string of burglaries & charged (1/7/19) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1 count of murder, 10 counts of attempted murder & 5 counts of 2nd degree burglary. Plead not guilty. $10M Bond.
Linked to 7 shooting between Nov. 3, 2016 to June 22, 2018. Nov. 2016 wounded a man in hammock on Backbone Trail, week later shot into sleeping area of car at campground; shooting into vehicles 3 different times in 2017. June 18, 2018 opened fire on a Tesla on Las Virgenes Rd. Tied to thefts & violence in L.A., Ventura & Sonoma Counties.
1/7/19 First appearance. Did not enter plea. Arraignment continued to 1/22.
1/22/19 Update: Plead not guilty. Bond now at $10M from $1.1M. Probably cause hearing on 2/4.
2/4/19 Update: Next preliminary hearing on 4/30.

Not sure IF this is happening today, as this is what is on the court site. No mention of today's hearing....

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
August 14, 2019 08:30 AM Van Nuys Courthouse West 112 FURTHER PROCEEDINGS

September 17, 2019 08:30 AM Van Nuys Courthouse West 112 PRELIMINARY HEARING

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

LASD lieutenant says he tried to warn about Malibu Creek State Park killer, sues department (with clip)

June 8, 2019

"CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Lt. James Royal is suing his department, claiming he's facing retaliation for trying to warn the public about seven shootings at Malibu Creek State Park before Tristan Beaudette was shot and killed as he camped with his two daughters in June 2018.

After a vagrant Anthony Rauda was arrested and charged with his murder, Beaudette's family filed a lawsuit for more than $90 million in damages against the LASD and other agencies...."

LASD lieutenant says he tried to warn about Malibu Creek State Park killer, sues department

It
LASD lieutenant says he tried to warn about Malibu Creek State Park killer, sues department (with clip)

June 8, 2019

"CALABASAS, Calif. (KABC) -- Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Lt. James Royal is suing his department, claiming he's facing retaliation for trying to warn the public about seven shootings at Malibu Creek State Park before Tristan Beaudette was shot and killed as he camped with his two daughters in June 2018.

After a vagrant Anthony Rauda was arrested and charged with his murder, Beaudette's family filed a lawsuit for more than $90 million in damages against the LASD and other agencies...."

LASD lieutenant says he tried to warn about Malibu Creek State Park killer, sues department

was obvious they had a problem. We all noticed a pattern of odd random shootings.
Why didn't they warn the public?

Followed this case last summer with horror & just now noticed I missed the arrest. YAY! Such a heartbreaking case. I hope this department is forced to pay for this gross negligence- and retaliation. And that heads will roll. I’m sure quite a few folks need to bid their careers goodbye.

Did Sheriff's Department Withhold Key Information About the Malibu Creek Shooter?
Former Malibu sheriff department liaison Lt. James Royal said he was stopped from informing the public about a shooter—and has suffered retaliation ever since.

Jun 13, 2019

"June 2019 marks the one-year anniversary of the murder of Tristan Beaudette in a popular campground on the edge of Malibu....

...former LASD Malibu Liaison Lt. James “Jim” Royal—who was unceremoniously removed from his position and transferred to another station in January 2019—has filed a claim against the department alleging his supervisors at the Malibu/Lost Hills Sheriff’s Station and higher up in the department refused to issue warnings to the public about multiple shootings in the area, claiming it was a “State Park’s problem,” according to the documents released Friday. According to Royal’s claim, four more known shootings occurred in the area after he urged the department to share information with the public and before the eventual murder of Beaudette.

The government claim was filed on Friday, June 7, naming Los Angeles County, the LA County Sheriff’s Department, Division Chief John Benedict and 100 “does” as respondents and Royal, represented by attorney Matthew McNicholas, as claimant...."

Did Sheriff's Department Withhold Key Information About the Malibu Creek Shooter?

“When a man was killed in Malibu Creek State Park last summer while camping with his two young daughters, it sent the placid Southern California community into hysterics—spawning amateur sleuths, conspiracy theories, and public paranoia. Was it related to a rash of unsolved incidents in the area? But while the tragedy’s aftermath publicly played out like a new season of Serial, there was also a family left picking up the pieces after a seemingly random act of violence. This is a story about what happens when lightning strikes in the most chilling manner imaginable.”

The Unsolved Mystery of the Malibu Creek Murder

“When a man was killed in Malibu Creek State Park last summer while camping with his two young daughters, it sent the placid Southern California community into hysterics—spawning amateur sleuths, conspiracy theories, and public paranoia. Was it related to a rash of unsolved incidents in the area? But while the tragedy’s aftermath publicly played out like a new season of Serial, there was also a family left picking up the pieces after a seemingly random act of violence. This is a story about what happens when lightning strikes in the most chilling manner imaginable.”

The Unsolved Mystery of the Malibu Creek Murder

This was so good, thank you for sharing.

Family of Man Slain at Malibu Creek State Park Sues County

Aug 1, 2019

"The widow and two daughters of a man who was fatally shot while camping at Malibu Creek State Park have filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the county, claiming the sheriff's department failed to warn the public about earlier shootings in the same general area....

The sheriff's department and other government agencies "have confirmed that they were aware of at least seven unsolved gunshot shootings of humans and vehicles in and adjacent to Malibu Creek State Park between the date of November 2016 and Tristan Beaudette's shooting date of June 22, 2018," according to the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit, which was filed Monday. "However, defendants intentionally withheld any and all information of these previous seven shootings from the public."...

The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages, but a claim filed with the county earlier this year by Beaudette's widow, Erica Wu, and the two daughters sought damages of $90 million.

Anthony Rauda, 43, a vagrant who lived in the surrounding area, was arrested in October and charged in January with murder for the killing of Beaudette, along with 10 counts of attempted murder.

Rauda is also charged with five counts of second-degree commercial burglary in the Calabasas area between July 2018 and October 2018.

He is due back in court Aug. 14...."

Family of Man Slain at Malibu Creek State Park Sues County

tristan-beaudette-malibu-campground.jpg

(Tristan Beaudette)

Wednesday, August 14th:
*Further Proceedings Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Tristan Beaudette (35) (June 22, 2018, Malibu Creek State Park campground) - *Anthony Rauda (42) arrested (10/10/18) for a string of burglaries & charged (1/7/19) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1 count of murder, 10 counts of attempted murder & 5 counts of 2nd degree burglary. Plead not guilty. $10M Bond.
Linked to 7 shooting between Nov. 3, 2016 to June 22, 2018. Nov. 2016 wounded a man in hammock on Backbone Trail, week later shot into sleeping area of car at campground; shooting into vehicles 3 different times in 2017. June 18, 2018 opened fire on a Tesla on Las Virgenes Rd. Tied to thefts & violence in L.A., Ventura & Sonoma Counties.
1/22/19 Update: Plead not guilty. Bond now at $10M from $1.1M. Probably cause hearing on 2/4.
2/4/19 Update: Next preliminary hearing on 4/30. Court site has next hearing (Further Proceedings hearing) on 8/14 & Preliminary hearing on 9/17.

Saw this article with an additional court date, so thought I'd check the court site.

Malibu Creek State Park Shootings: Anthony Rauda Preliminary Hearing Set for September 17th - the 10 Year Anniversary of Mitrice Richardson's Disappearance - The Local Malibu

The matter involving suspect Anthony Rauda, who is accused of multiple shootings in and around Malibu Creek State Park recently went before a judge on August 14th.

The case will now move forward to a Preliminary Setting Conference on September 4th, followed by a Preliminary Hearing set for September 17th, 2019.

Upcoming Scheduled Events

Date Time Location Dept/Room Number
September 4, 2019 08:30 AM Van Nuys Courthouse West 112 PRELIM SETTING/RESETTING

September 17, 2019 08:30 AM Van Nuys Courthouse West 112 PRELIMINARY HEARING

link: Criminal Case Summary - Online Services - LA Court

Ok. New poster on this case. I firmly believe that the suspect in custody is guilty of killing TB and probably the host of other shootings. What do we think was going on here? There were 61 of 63 campsites occupied on the night that TB died IIRC. Did Rauda just fire randomly, from afar, in the general direction of the campsites, hoping to scare people away? Desire to hurt someone? I guess what I’m struggling with is, what was his goal? I know, I know .... he’s unbalanced. But usually there’s a reason to fire a weapon, even if it’s a wrong impression that he was in danger. I just wonder what was motivating him (since it seem to me that he was firing randomly, and the Tesla/hammock guy/Meliss/ TB weren’t specific targets). Insights?

Wednesday, Sept. 4th:
*Preliminary Setting Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – CA – Tristan Beaudette (35) (June 22, 2018, Malibu Creek State Park campground) - *Anthony Rauda (42) arrested (10/10/18) for a string of burglaries & charged (1/7/19) & arraigned (1/22/19) with 1 count of murder, 10 counts of attempted murder & 5 counts of 2nd degree burglary. Plead not guilty. $10M Bond.
2/4/19 Update: Next preliminary hearing on 4/30. Court site has next hearing (Further Proceedings hearing) on 8/14 & Preliminary hearing on 9/17.
8/14/19 Update: The case will now move forward to a Preliminary Setting Conference on Sept. 4th, followed by a Preliminary Hearing set for Sept. 17th, 2019.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megs89
Back