CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
your info may be scant. mine is not.
I have read all, or at least most of your posts as I’ve been following from day one. I’m going by the info you’ve shared and what we know. I appreciate you being here, especially during this incredibly tumultuous time. It must be so difficult.

If LE suspect no foul play but you and your family are sure of it, I do encourage you to keep fighting for evidence as they’ve been wrong before. I wonder if a PI or someone else could help if you feel they are missing something.

pretty sure the average person in the western world has access to a land line.

I'd have to drive to work - about an hour away. I don't know any neighbors well enough to ask, nor do most have land lines. No one I know has had a land line for a decade. My dad had one, but he's gone now. Even my older cousins (70's and 80's) don't have them. I guess there are some downsides to this, but there are no payphones anywhere near where I live (and haven't been for months), at the college where I teach (used to be). So students sometimes ask to use my landline phone - but I am not supposed to let them and there are reasons for that policy.

i implore all concerned persons to please read thread one and two please. facts i am repeating for newcomers will have much more context.

Thank you @dbdb11 for the information you have provided during this emotional turmoil for you and your family.

Posts have been removed, so some of us might recall things that are no longer here.

Great idea for us to review the previous threads.

I have read all, or at least most of your posts as I’ve been following from day one. I’m going by the info you’ve shared and what we know. I appreciate you being here, especially during this incredibly tumultuous time. It must be so difficult.

If LE suspect no foul play but you and your family are sure of it, I do encourage you to keep fighting for evidence as they’ve been wrong before. I wonder if a PI or someone else could help if you feel they are missing something.
LE suspecting no foul play outwardly does not mean anything in the larger scheme, other than police are holding their cards close.

have looked into PI, robbie also independently expressed he would pursue PI.

LE suspecting no foul play outwardly does not mean anything in the larger scheme, other than police are holding their cards close.

have looked into PI, robbie also independently expressed he would pursue PI.
if this is the robbie i knew as Barbs husband he would have been talking to multiple PI by around the same time he informed us. he would be all over this case with all resources available to him. JMO

many people are choosing not to see his actions after her disappearance as suspicious, and that can be justified for a number of reasons.

it gives us hope this case is potentially not as devastating as the alternatives, is one great reason to keep these thoughts alive.

but the same people maybe overlooking the timing of her disappearance in relation to upcoming overseas travel, to see an ailing relative who barb may have been confident enough to confide in.

i have evidence that barb had been in contact with her son in the weeks leading up to her disappearance, where rob would have my father believe both robbie and barb were no longer communicating with matt.

i implore all concerned persons to please read thread one and two please. facts i am repeating for newcomers will have much more context.

Thank you for sharing these details. I think most of us want to follow your lead in thinking about the family dynamics. What you've been sharing, all by itself, is very troubling (and should be our focus), rather than us making up non-fact based alternate scenarios.

One of my early posts mentions two issues: possible money problems and impending separation/travel. I also mentioned that there are character disorders that make some people more prone to acting out in the "impending separation" situation. Feel free to message me if you want more info.

If he had a landline. It's increasingly likely that people don't have one at all, see this article: Most US households have given up landlines for cellphones

If I had an RV (or fifth wheel), and used it frequently for camping, I'm not sure why I'd even have a landline. I'd be using the cell phone everywhere, since people could always reach me as long as I was within range of a cell tower. Heck, as it stands I don't even use my landline now, and would cancel it except it's cheaper for me to keep it because I get a better price on Internet.
It is my opinion that he had a landline. A landline phone was seen in his home interview, previously linked. I was also able to find a landline phone number for Robert and Barbara.

IMO

Does anyone here that understands police lingo better than me know what they mean when they say they suspect no foul play? I’d taken it to mean they didn’t believe a murder or abduction had occurred. Am I wrong and do they say this to keep investigating suspects?

Does anyone here that understands police lingo better than me know what they mean when they say they suspect no foul play? I’d taken it to mean they didn’t believe a murder or abduction had occurred. Am I wrong and do they say this to keep investigating suspects?

Excellent Question, Liwthe.
And there are many posters who could tell you the actual, legal definition according to LE.

From personal experience, with one particular police department, I would loosely translate the phrase "suspect no foul play" to mean "we, LE, have not found an actual crime scene, .....yet."

Just my personal opinion.

I would also think that a controlling husband, especially one with free time that can afford the lifestyle the couple had would travel with his partner. Not a given, but many like to keep them isolated and never allow close family contact without being there to keep a close eye.

Just tossing around the idea of a guy that couldn’t bear to separate, the kind that thinks ‘if I can’t have you, no one can’.

Other options of course are it’s not about that, but about money. I imagine that LE has established whether there was anything to gain financially through the disappearance of his wife, but perhaps they’re still looking.

I don't know anyone who has a landline. The local taxes, fees, and surcharges have caused many folks to cancel their landlines.
We still have a landline. It is bundled with our cable and internet. We live in a river valley and cell phones do not always work in the house. For emergency reasons we keep it.

Excellent Question, Liwthe.
And there are many posters who could tell you the actual, legal definition according to LE.

From personal experience, with one particular police department, I would loosely translate the phrase "suspect no foul play" to mean "we, LE, have not found an actual crime scene, .....yet."

Just my personal opinion.
Or any evidence I assume that would point to someone committing a crime or the likelihood they had.

I’d love to hear from someone who works with LE in some capacity if it’s such a loose term.

Well. Someone asked many pages ago, and I'm not going to search for it, why is the fact BT didn't have a cell phone significant? Answer. She was supposed to be a real estate agent. If you are a real estate agent, you have a cell phone. Period. So, likely, at least to me, BT wasn't a real estate agent. It's a big whatever until you learn her husband was employed with a MLM. Unless you're an executive with a MLM, the money isn't exactly rolling in. We haven't seen anything suggesting he's an executive. So, to me, and it's just me, these are 2 occupations people name if maybe, I repeat maybe, they want to disguise where their income is really coming from.

I would also think that a controlling husband, especially one with free time that can afford the lifestyle the couple had would travel with his partner. Not a given, but many like to keep them isolated and never allow close family contact without being there to keep a close eye.

Just tossing around the idea of a guy that couldn’t bear to separate, the kind that thinks ‘if I can’t have you, no one can’.

Other options of course are it’s not about that, but about money. I imagine that LE has established whether there was anything to gain financially through the disappearance of his wife, but perhaps they’re still looking.

DB can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she has traveled to Hong Kong without RT previously.

Well. Someone asked many pages ago, and I'm not going to search for it, why is the fact BT didn't have a cell phone significant? Answer. She was supposed to be a real estate agent. If you are a real estate agent, you have a cell phone. Period. So, likely, at least to me, BT wasn't a real estate agent. It's a big whatever until you learn her husband was employed with a MLM. Unless you're an executive with a MLM, the money isn't exactly rolling in. We haven't seen anything suggesting he's an executive. So, to me, and it's just me, these are 2 occupations people name if maybe, I repeat maybe, they want to disguise where their income is really coming from.
I believe HE was meant to be in real estate. And rumors about the MLM were from a long time ago.

IMO, strong leanings that the husband was involved in her disappearance. Up to family members to push investigators to, well, investigate. Otherwise, other new cases will push BT’s aside. Yes, additional media coverage will help your cause, but making daily calls to investigators for updates will keep BT’s case in the front of their minds. My guess is that RT isn’t doing this as he probably doesn’t have much interest in seeing this matter resolved, so BT’s other family members need to maintain contact with the investigators.

Earlier you had asked if there was any info about search results (home, camper, etc). As far as I know, LEOs haven’t publicly released any info, none, since the SARs ended their work. While they most likely wouldn’t share much of this info with family, they may be able to share whether or not the searches were done, and if not then whether the searches will be conducted.

From what you’ve shared with the forum re: RT’s comments and actions post-disappearance, seems likely he know more than he has let on and that his initial story may have been fabricated. I hope you’ve shared this with the investigators.
DB has stated more than once that RT is likely getting PI involved to find BT which contradicts that he ‘doesn’t have much interest in seeing this matter resolved’.

No and no.
Well, there was a post from DB where they talk about how they found it hard to believe that RT was in RE because he didn’t have the personality for it. Apparently he didn’t come across as a great people person to DB. Lots of talk back in the thread about how unlikely it would be he could be selling RE, and perhaps his dealings were not with the public etc

Or any evidence I assume that would point to someone committing a crime or the likelihood they had.

I’d love to hear from someone who works with LE in some capacity if it’s such a loose term.

As another long-time Websleuth and cop family member, “We have no reason to suspect foul play” , rarely means that they believe that there was no crime here.
It what they say to make their possible suspects feel safe and sound while they investigate the heck out of them and search for the missing person or a crime scene. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305