Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they have any DNA at all. Just judging from everything that is going down I believe they are at a complete stand still. I really dont believe this guy left anything at all because he never had the chance. He snapped and killed them quickly.

How have they cleared people? Is no one cleared at all? Makes me wonder. Other than alibis on video, what could clear a person?

Oh, I think they have DNA; I'm positive there was tons of trace evidence all over the crime scene. The question is discerning which DNA samples are known vs unknown. If there is unknown physical trace evidence, such as DNA, fibers, hair, etc left on the bodies, a murder weapon, or even perhaps Libby's phone that they cannot connect to known contributors, then odds are that unknown sample belongs to the suspect. But they need a known contributor to compare with that unknown sample.

Last edited:
theres something big that we aren't being told, and i fully understand why

ive heard/read of a few possibilities,aluded to here on wb

1/ method of killing
2/ way bodies were arranged when found
3/ they know who the killer is...they are acting weird around this one though, almost as if they have zero evidence but 'know' who it was, maybe from a witness id him or alibi retracted

theres something though i feel

Another oldie interview to bump up. It is from approx. 3 weeks after the murders.

This is between Tobe Leazenby and Michael Stroup.

Lots of discussion about DNA and some about the video. Also some discussion of the possibility of more than one person being involved.

DELPHI DOUBLE MURDER UPDATE INTERVIEW WITH SHERIFF TOBE LEAZENBY - 9tube.tv

5 mins 20 seconds
"I feel confident we're going to end up in a court of law one of these days with this situation......"

The 'twist' is mentioned around 9 minutes in.
...." it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen."

I keep hoping to see 'Arrest' on each thread. I believe it will soon happen.

JMO

Hmm, new thought on the twist, and the ongoing discussion of what sort of DNA they actually have. The twist could be the grotesque details of the crime, being theme, etc., or could it be the DNA itself. Could it possibly be that one of the victims, or the perp has DNA that does not quite “fork” enough?

I am not making any untoward accusations toward any of the families, but there does exist now and then family trees that are even unknowingly differently branched. Was that delicate enough?

Police seem to be about half and half, it seems, in revealing manner of a homicide...some do, some don’t. In the case of children, they may be more likely to keep it back. No one needs to know, unless they are talking to police about a possible suspect who is partial to a certain weapon or method of hurt. Also they can rule out, to some degree, those who are “married” to a particluar weapon if it was not a factor.

I really do not believe they have a suspect. There is no way they would keep asking for tips, and creating hundreds or even thousands more “tips” to chase down if they “knew” who he was. They would concentrate solely on those who knew, worked, lived with him, etc. And I find it hard to believe they would not be able to have obtained his DNA by now to test against what they have. No, they are still looking, still hoping.

Jmo

I think they must have gone off the end of the bridge to the underneath and goofed about a bit then came back up and saw him approaching. SC of Abby was 2.07 PM and BG video was 2.30 pm so that explains why he wasn't in view in the SC pic. The girls would not have been on the bridge for 20 minutes unless they sat around chatting on one of the platforms for a bit. MOO

I don't remember the times being such a difference between the SC and the video. Could they have walked the bridge more than once? Since Libby was known for taking photos, I wonder how many others were taken between the above time frame and what they were of?

Police seem to be about half and half, it seems, in revealing manner of a homicide...some do, some don’t. In the case of children, they may be more likely to keep it back. No one needs to know, unless they are talking to police about a possible suspect who is partial to a certain weapon or method of hurt. Also they can rule out, to some degree, those who are “married” to a particluar weapon if it was not a factor.

I really do not believe they have a suspect. There is no way they would keep asking for tips, and creating hundreds or even thousands more “tips” to chase down if they “knew” who he was. They would concentrate solely on those who knew, worked, lived with him, etc. And I find it hard to believe they would not be able to have obtained his DNA by now to test against what they have. No, they are still looking, still hoping.

Jmo
I also haven't dismissed the possibility that something could have been transferred to the crime scene unknowingly by BG, but that belonged to somebody else he'd had contact with, like from his household or whatever. Hair would be a prime example.

I wonder as well, what could be the "twist:?

I think the "twist" is that the victim videotaped her murderer and perhaps even got her murder on audio.

I am not a betting person, but if I were I'd bet that LE wishes they could return to some of those interviews and not use words like "twist." Or religious references.

I think the "twist" is that the victim videotaped her murderer and perhaps even got her murder on audio.

I am not a betting person, but if I were I'd bet that LE wishes they could return to some of those interviews and not use words like "twist." Or religious references.

Sometimes you say things in a moment that is immortalized in print or video, and it can take on a life of its own to the point where it grows from a grain to a loaf. It's like that game Chinese Whispers -- someone whispers something into another person's ear, then that person whispers into the next person's ear, and the next, and the next, etc, until you reach the end of the line and the last person has a completely different story handed down from where it actually began.

I'm actually dealing with that right now with a client of mine; he made an innocuous, totally non-specific comment, and people blew it up into something that wasn't what he said at all. It's always rather fascinating and marvelous to me how a reader or listener will focus on one word or phrase and end up creating an entire narrative from that, irrespective of the context or totality of what else was said -- if that makes sense. I'm not sure I'm articulating it well.

I wonder as well, what could be the "twist:?
...." it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen.

For a 30 year veteran of law enforcement to say they'd never seen something, even in a more rural county, I'm wondering as to what that could be, that "twist". The only thing that comes to mind is the audio.

If this is inappropriate I am sorry in advance. Could the girls have been drained of blood. I can not believe I typed that.

I only had this thought because of the white thingy around BG neck looks like tubing to me.

...." it's got a whole new, it's got a whole twist to it that, even I, as a 30 year veteran, have never seen.

For a 30 year veteran of law enforcement to say they'd never seen something, even in a more rural county, I'm wondering as to what that could be, that "twist". The only thing that comes to mind is the audio.
That's the first thing I think of, as well.

Right before he says that, though, the interviewer is discussing how it happened in such a rural, local area that he expected to recognize the guy (BG) in the photo, but surprisingly didn't. Leazenby then starts to talk about how, in the past, they'd had another double homicide, which turned out to involve the grandchildren, so it was easy to track down the murderers. It's immediately after that he says the quote about the 'twist,' so I'm wondering if maybe at that time the crime appeared random, by a stranger(s), and not someone close to them as is often the case. ???

If this is inappropriate I am sorry in advance. Could the girls have been drained of blood. I can not believe I typed that.
I guess none of us can say at this point what did or did not happen to them. IMO, I think BG ultimately spent very little time with the girls, and probably not only killed them quickly, but then skedaddled.

i think 'the twist' is something not released to the public.....something we don't know of yet. we already know about the audio and images, so i feel its something else

i get the feeling its to do with how they were found

didn't LE say 'they aren't how they were left' or something similar....aimed at the perp

i think 'the twist' is something not released to the public.....something we don't know of yet. we already know about the audio and images, so i feel its something else

i get the feeling its to do with how they were found

didn't LE say 'they aren't how they were left' or something similar....aimed at the perp

We know about those things NOW, but the comment about the "twist" was VERY early on, either the same day or a day or two after the disclosure of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth