GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

I can't understand these cases.When my babies were in the car I would talk and sing to them constantly and they would babble at me.2 babies and neither of them cried or made a sound that entire time?Something just doesn't seem right about that to me.

I have a hard time buying that these incidents are accidents. He supposedly dropped his 3 year old off but not his twins? Where were they meant to be going?

They can be. While I think the evidence shows Ross Harris intentionally baked his kid to death others do seem like possible accidents.

because you need to be away with the fairies to do this.....and to then drive 10 mins with them before realising?

totally unbelievable

There have been multiple cases of dedicated parents who do this unintentionally.

What causes parents to forget children in hot cars?

I think in general whether someone is charged for this is based on the state, the evidence, the status of the person who left the child and how such persons react to the tragedy.

I'm not sure why this particular man was charged of the authorities think it was an accident. Maybe they simply feel they have to charge to prevent future parents from allowing this to happen.

I can't understand these cases.When my babies were in the car I would talk and sing to them constantly and they would babble at me.2 babies and neither of them cried or made a sound that entire time?Something just doesn't seem right about that to me.

Here's a case I never forgot. This couple fought hard to have a child, were super protective and super educated. But the dad left his baby in the car.

They later had a second child with Down syndrome.

Losing Mikey

The only explanation would be if both babies were sleeping. But hard to believe TWO babies were both asleep at that time of day. The morning is usually an active, awake time for little ones. But other than them being asleep, I don't know what he can say.

I want to know if his routine was at all different that day. Drop off older child as usual - was that before or after he was supposed to drop off the littles? Take the same route to work or different? Same parking lot or different? Did the childcare facility call him when the twins didn't arrive? What did he do for lunch?

jmo

How can someone forget their children are in the car for over 8 hours?

This case is no different than the Cooper Harris case. JMO

Let all of them go, or file charges against all of them. The fact that officers involved, and district attorneys are "picking and choosing" who to file charges against, is a problem to me. And could easily lead to racial bias issues, socioeconomic discrimination, and gender bias...meaning that men may get a pass, but women don't...Ross Harris was texting a girlfriend, therefore, it is "logical" to assume that he did intend to kill his child. (Note, I am definitely not championing RH!).

Charge them all. And personally, I think people who leave dogs in their car should be charged as well.

Let all of them go, or file charges against all of them. The fact that officers involved, and district attorneys are "picking and choosing" who to file charges against, is a problem to me. And could easily lead to racial bias issues, socioeconomic discrimination, and gender bias...meaning that men may get a pass, but women don't...Ross Harris was texting a girlfriend, therefore, it is "logical" to assume that he did intend to kill his child. (Note, I am definitely not championing RH!).

Charge them all. And personally, I think people who leave dogs in their car should be charged as well.
Yes. I say punish all people who leave children in hot cars to die a horrible death.

Running late for work or having a distraction is not a valid reason to let these kids die. JMO

I guess manslaughter would be appropriate. And yes it should be the same for all. I just can’t imagine the horror the other parent is going through.

Wondering what the child care provider's policy is when infant/children who would normally be dropped off aren't. Is a call placed to one of the parents when drop-off does not take place and parent hasn't called in to provider that morning notifying them of no drop-off?

Wonder what time the pick up would normally be, and which parent was responsible for it.

Did the tinted windows fall within the NYS guidelines/laws?

Father Charged With Manslaughter After 2 Infants Found Dead, Left In Hot Car All Day

“The vehicle had tinted windows, so it was almost impossible for anybody to notice that the children were there,” NYC Council member Fernando Cabrera said.
Good question, did day care call? Usually parents let day cares know if children aren’t coming.

If the State can find evidence that the family was having any financial or martial problems they may up the charges against Rodriguez.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3