CANADA - Lucas Fowler & Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418

Police are responding to a tip that two men fitting the descriptions of Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, and Kam McLeod, 19 were spotted in the community.

The men are being sought in connection with three homicides in B.C.

RCMP warned a heavy police presence could be expected in the area.

York Landing is nearly 1,000 kilometres north of Winnipeg and about 90 kilometres by air southwest of Gillam, Man., where RCMP have been focusing their efforts with assistance from the Canadian military.

A member of Winnipeg's Bear Clan patrol group made the sighting around 4:15 p.m. CT after spotting what he believed to be the men near the landfill and water-treatment plant in York Factory.

'They fit the description'

The area isn't one that locals frequent and there were bears around, said Trevor Bighetty.

Bighetty told CBC News he and his partner spotted two "tall, slender individuals" moving very quickly — possibly spooked by the sound of the truck Bighetty was in.

"They fit the description of what was given in the RCMP report," Bighetty said. "It didn't click right away, it took a few moments."

He couldn't tell what the two figures were up to. " kind of figured they were scavenging or something."

All we really know is two people were sighted and LE are on their way. Even 'unconfirmed reports' don't really suggest anything else. Gossip about shots and capture etc just that.. gossip.

I have fingers crossed that they will be found and captured alive.

CBC News Alerts‏Verified account @CBCAlerts
Here's the updated story on Mounties pursuing a tip that 2 murder suspects have been seen in York Landing, in northern Manitoba. It includes an account from a resident.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...-york-landing-man-for-b-c-fugitives-1.5228418

5:48 PM - 28 Jul 2019 pst

A member of Winnipeg's Bear Clan patrol group made the sighting around 4:15 p.m. CT after spotting what he believed to be the men near the landfill and water-treatment plant in York Factory.

is CTV the biggest live news in Canada, i have access to about 200 channels but i don't know what i am looking for, who would do breaking news / live news?

hmmm good question! CTV or CBC, but someone just posted that CBC is more concerned with Trump.

There is a reason that I'm concerned people in Canada may not be fully aware of this situation and still be looking for them. JMO I have somewhat local stations, but I doubt they will interrupt programming if there is breaking news... and I doubt I would be on that channel to see it anyway.

Tuesday I asked if they had taken the ferry from Split Lake. Does anyone know if this was investigated?

I don't recall any confirmation about their route. If they were on that ferry, they would have landed in York Landing. But taking a ferry is risky. It looks like there is only space for 8 vehicles. They wouldn't know if there were surveillance cameras, and they would be captive on it with other people who could observe them for some time and maybe check their photos on their phones or with other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998