Identified! DC - Washington, WhtFem UP58874, 15-30, jumped off bldg at GWU, Jul'19 - Meghan Godfrey

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

The decedent jumped from a building on the George Washington University campus.

forgive me... the rendering reads "composite" but is clearly not a sketch. Very very recognizable I'd assume. Hoping she has a name and someone gets the answers they have been waiting for soon... Very sad...

This is really odd. The obvious assumption would be that she was a student at the university, but I'd think that if a student were discovered deceased on their own campus, the process of identifying them would be somewhat straightforward. Does GWU have an open campus (as in, people who don't attend free to walk around the campus if they want)?

Could this be Kieley Dopkins? Missing from Spokane, WA since September 2018, 14 years when missing, 5'3 and 125 lbs. Blond hair and blue eyes.

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Dopkins_Kiely.pdf

upload_2019-7-25_14-14-10.png

According pictures on her Facebook page she once had a lip piercing, but maybe it wasn't a real one. And she looks to have pierced ears.

She seems to have some freckles, but because of all the face filters used on FB it's hard to tell.

Kiely Dopkins

This is really odd. The obvious assumption would be that she was a student at the university, but I'd think that if a student were discovered deceased on their own campus, the process of identifying them would be somewhat straightforward. Does GWU have an open campus (as in, people who don't attend free to walk around the campus if they want)?

GWU's campus is very integrated into the city. A lot of their buildings are simply former normal office buildings the university bought and turned into education buildings. It can be hard to tell where the campus starts and ends, so non students are able to walk around freely.

Thinking it could be Meghan Godfrey from
Australia. Was in DC, had her wallet and phone stolen. Mom was coming to get her after she was able to get one email out to her. So heartbreaking.

HER Resiliency Center
On the Facebook post, people are commenting that she is deceased. I wonder if she's been confirmed to be this Doe? Seems very likely from the similar tops.

In the reconstruction (which looks like it was based off of a PM photo), you can kind of see that the top that she's wearing is the same or very similar to the top that Meghan is seen wearing in the photo showing her sitting on the street. This is a really depressing case, but I'm glad that she was identified.

16610972-7295711-image-a-22_1564361098955.jpg

16611546-7295711-image-a-40_1564364353689.jpg

Such a sad, sad situation for all. May you forever rest in peace, Meghan. I can't imagine the pain and turmoil you were living through which apparently has caused the amount of desperation necessary for you to make the decision to end your life (if indeed you did). Although it's the hardest truths to believe during crises through which you were apparently suffering, you were very much loved and a beautiful young woman.

Your death, just like your life, has a purpose. Your legacy will live on and it will have a power about it that will create change, somewhere for someone. Rest peacefully, my dear!

i thought most or all college campuses were open.

Oh this is awful. Instead of the American Dream this poor woman was met with the American nightmare. It was first reported she had jumped from the building and now it seems they aren’t certain. Her poor mother who came to bring her home :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back