CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this goes on makes me wonder if it was even them that were spotted.
I think the odds are it was. But again, nothing has been confirmed. It takes time for LE to arrive due to the distances involved. An hour or two head start even on foot would still make life hard for those pursuing especially if the wind is hampering air surveillance.
My guess is, and that is all it is, LE will make their presence known in as large an area as possible throughout the night. Try and exhaust them and try and force them into giving up.

If you follow the tracks out of Gillam they come close to a road which forks away from the tracks and heads to York Landing, so it might make sense that they are in York Landing but one sighting is not 100% so ....we will have to see. I can’t see being able to use dogs in this type of terrain.
I don't see why you couldn't use dogs in that terrain.

This is riverbed area with abundant trees. It's not muskeg swampy although there might be some wet areas

Pure speculation (hope that’s allowed here) but I think they have caught one or both of them already or at least have them contained and are closing in. I don’t think it will be announced publicly until they have positively id’d them, processed them, and have them behind bars. Which I hope is very soon.

The longer this goes on makes me wonder if it was even them that were spotted.

Oh I think it is them. This town is in the middle of nowhere, you don’t just happen upon it as part of a walk. It’s small enough that everyone is known, and you wouldn’t run into the bush if you were a resident of the town, and you wouldn’t be walking around the dump either.
The question for me is how did they get there and why didn’t the RCMP anticipate that nearby towns should be patrolled and on alert?

Anyone else think this wasn’t something planned? Not the killing spree and real life game of survival we originally thought? It seems like they are running scared. I’m not convinced they killed the young couple and is it possible they killed LD accidentally and panicked? If this was all planned and they wanted to be survivalists then why are they in the same clothes? If they have a gun why haven’t they used it on the people we know they have run into? I am just speculating here and obviously the RCMP may have strong evidence that proves otherwise.
I agree. When all the speculation is stripped away, we don't know what really happened with poor Mr. Dyck or why their truck was burnt. They havent been charged with any other murders. They haven't threatened or hurt anybody else. There has not even been a confirmation they have a gun or ever had a gun (apart from an airsoft)

To be fair I live in the same city as BS dad, and if this is where he tried to get mental health help, it isnt so easy. We have a pretty over burdened system, if you dont have a doctor, you are at the mercy of walk in clinics, where you generally wait 2-4 hours to see a doctor for less than 5 minutes. Waiting lists to get a personal doctor are years long. A lot of people "fall through the cracks" and we do have a rather large population of homeless people who are mentally unwell, and perhaps also didnt have proper access to the resources they needed/still need. It's sad for sure, you can tell he is a troubled man and that definitely seems to have trickled down to his son.

Probably not the most popular thing to say here but in looking at photos of Bryer when he was younger, he was just a sweet little kid. It always makes me wonder what went wrong to make him take such terrible turns in his life.

MOO

This is a great insight as to what resources may have been available to BS' dad. I deeply apologize for this as I always hope that the amount of resources available in Alberta are also available in other provinces/countries too.

The addictions and mental health system, albiet anywhere, is challenging to navigate, especially if one is not knowledgable about available community resources.

Could be, I'm really not sure, I was looking at it when it was first reported and thought it was further east, but who knows. I have tried googling and because of all the news stories, it's hard to find anything not from the last 5 hours lol
I saw a zoomed in one on Twitter from a local confirming thats the dump

I'm not sure, I was just asking my hubby and he says they aren't very big sometimes and that's if they even have one. On the left, you can see the square lake areas, he thinks those are sewage lagoon's. But water/sewage treatment buildings could be anywhere and are not that big. (I know small towns where they are in the middle of the town).

Water treatment station?

upload_2019-7-28_21-19-49.png

Last edited:
I don't yet believe they are responsible for "all the horror". I don't know what happened with Mr. Dyck, but none of that makes any sense and we don't know if other people were also involved. It is far more likely that Chynna and Lucas were murdered by the man seen arguing with them and making gestures right near their van late at night (11.30pm?), after which their bodies were discovered and reported a few hours later (6.45am?)- than the speculative scenario that the 2 teenagers detoured down to stop on the side of the road and murder/rob them. If they were murderers to this scale, they would have certainly killed other people in the past extremely stressful week and as far as reported, they have not even threatened anybody during this time, when desperate have not even stolen clothing and have gone to the dump.

We don’t know what evidence the RCMP has found so it’s impossible to form an opinion on what we don’t know.

But innocent people rarely flee across the country in order to avoid informing police or family they’re alive and well and not missing after their mode of transportation is found torched...IMO.

Now that you mention it, the possibility dawns on me that maybe the kid with no driver's license accidentally ran over poor Mr D at the rest stop and a number of supremely foolish decisions arose from their fear that they could be in big trouble if caught. Maybe the senseless murders of LF and CD were the work of another perp entirely. Just spitballing here. MOO.
Seems more likely to me.

Anyone else think this wasn’t something planned? Not the killing spree and real life game of survival we originally thought? It seems like they are running scared. I’m not convinced they killed the young couple and is it possible they killed LD accidentally and panicked? If this was all planned and they wanted to be survivalists then why are they in the same clothes? If they have a gun why haven’t they used it on the people we know they have run into? I am just speculating here and obviously the RCMP may have strong evidence that proves otherwise.

I am definitely open to what you're saying. I don't think they have a gun. I think they did something to Prof Dyck, but not sure it was planned and was very possibly tantrum-like behavior. Panicky-ragey behavior.

We await more details. They're certainly on the run. They seem to have no will (or means) for a standoff. No spare clothes, no food, etc.

I agree. When all the speculation is stripped away, we don't know what really happened with poor Mr. Dyck or why their truck was burnt. They havent been charged with any other murders. They haven't threatened or hurt anybody else. There has not even been a confirmation they have a gun or ever had a gun (apart from an airsoft)

Nobody has convicted them of anything yet, they are wanted by the police for murders. Rest assured assuming they give up or are otherwise captured alive, they will be given a fair trial.

Gillam to York Landing is 204km...they were covering a lot more than 10km per day.
Do you supposed they traded their truck to somebody in return for a ride in that person's vehicle to, say, Winnipeg or where ever. But then folks in the know back in Gillam got wind of who these guys were and torched the vehicle and, when they reached the driver, told him to jettison his passengers tout suite. MOO.

I read somewhere that this report (by the female road worker) was "dismissed" or "discounted." Some people thought it might be that Derek Whisenand murderer from Texas since he had apparently escaped over the border to Canada. It seems very unlikely to me that these boys shot a young couple for no good reason. Not sure what role they played in the LD killing either. I guess we will (or won't) find out.

Well, we certainly know that someone shot a young couple for no good reason.

We don’t know yet why LE suspects these two young men. We’ll eventually find out.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member