CA - Mass shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival, 3 dead up to 11 injured, 28 July 2019

Listening to NBC Bay Area live broadcast.
A woman attending the Festival said there was a police presence at the Festival, but shooter “came through the creek,” indicating the Festival goers were searched upon entry to the Festival, but he was able to enter with a weapon.

Witness (a vendor with a booth) says shooter wearing a black shirt, was walking around. Gunshots stopped and then started again.
Someone screamed, "Run, run!" and everyone starting running. Saw paramedics taking out people who were bleeding. Saw people looking for their kids, crying. Police officers used golf carts to move people. Witness didn't realize the gunman was right in front of him - people were jumping into his booth to hide. (Paraphrased snippets from interview at this video)

Gilroy Shooting:Witness describes seeing with firearm, people hiding at garlic festival

i am shook. I met my husband there in 2010, been attending since 2007, and suggested going today but hubs said it was too hot. So we went to the beach instead.

Our whole family used to go because hubs nephew lived right behind the park but he sold his house and moved to the Sac area earlier this year.

One suspect was shot dead and they are still searching for the second

News anchor said gunman is among the 3 dead.

(I'm not seeing that news anywhere else so ?)

"A law-enforcement source confirmed that a suspect in the shooting is dead near where the gunfire erupted, and that an accomplice was being sought by police. The FBI was also on the scene Thursday night assisting in the investigation."
Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting: Three dead, 12 injured, massive manhunt

The Mercury News is the major San Jose area newspaper--which is 33 miles from Gilroy.
The Mercury News - Wikipedia

ABC news updating:

Law enforcement sources say a 3-year-old boy was among the victims killed in the shooting.
The conditions of the hospitalized victims injured at the Gilroy Garlic Festival Fair range from fair to critical, a hospital spokeswoman said.

WATCH LIVE: Official says 3 dead, 12 hurt in Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting; 1 suspect in custody

ABC news updating:

Law enforcement sources say a 3-year-old boy was among the victims killed in the shooting.
The conditions of the hospitalized victims injured at the Gilroy Garlic Festival Fair range from fair to critical, a hospital spokeswoman said.

WATCH LIVE: Official says 3 dead, 12 hurt in Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting; 1 suspect in custody
Heartbreaking! And at a charity festival!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back