NV NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

In this case, Mr. Koecher's landlord at the time of his disappearance.

The LandLord's wife posted for a while.

The LandLord has an interesting history with LE.

The LandLord was involved in at least one very interesting business at the time of Mr. Koecher's disappearance.

JMHO YMMV

When you say the landlord's wife posted for a while, what do you mean? Was she posting on Facebook?

I agree- the landlord holds the key to solving this.

Ah... so landline or landlord, depending on context, i guess.

Still thinking of you Steven !!
Does anyone think someone helped Steven disappear, like a friend or people in his church or something. Maybe Steven reached out to a select few people he knew and they helped him. They made a plan to leave the car in sca because in a retirement community it probably wouldn’t be stolen or damaged but it would be reported straight away and his parents could get whatever money for it to cover the rent he owed, a friend picks Steven up from sca and they stayed around the Whitney ranch area for the night and Steven ditches his phone near that Russell Road area where it pinged and his friend took him somewhere that’s been prearranged. I think Steven was scared of the landlord and of what he might do because he was so behind on the rent and Steven knew he needed to do something, with what we know the LL I would be scared of him too. Steven was embarrassed to go to his parents so he reached out to someone else. Maybe one of his church colleagues helped him out and they got him a job and a place to stay ... I really hope this is the outcome for Steven that he is somewhere alive and it’s very convenient that his church colleague was in Vegas at the same time as Steven .

Hiya, Laughing! I don't recall her user name either and I'm too tired to go back and look. Pretty sure her posts are still there, probably in the first thread.
I read all the threads a couple of months ago to catch up on this case. Her posts are in the first and second threads. Don’t remember her user name either but the posts are easy to find and recognize.

behind on the rent .... Steven was embarrassed to go to his parents....

RSBM

IIRC, somehow Steven's parents found out about the rent problem, and made arrangements to cover that.

I expect this did could Steven quite a bit of discomfort.

JMHO YMMV

RSBM

IIRC, somehow Steven's parents found out about the rent problem, and made arrangements to cover that.

I expect this did could Steven quite a bit of discomfort.

JMHO YMMV

Steven's parents found out about the overdue rent because the landlord called them. They likely co-signed the lease or something.

Does anyone think someone helped Steven disappear, like a friend or people in his church or something. Maybe Steven reached out to a select few people he knew and they helped him. They made a plan to leave the car in sca because in a retirement community it probably wouldn’t be stolen or damaged but it would be reported straight away and his parents could get whatever money for it to cover the rent he owed, a friend picks Steven up from sca and they stayed around the Whitney ranch area for the night and Steven ditches his phone near that Russell Road area where it pinged and his friend took him somewhere that’s been prearranged. I think Steven was scared of the landlord and of what he might do because he was so behind on the rent and Steven knew he needed to do something, with what we know the LL I would be scared of him too. Steven was embarrassed to go to his parents so he reached out to someone else. Maybe one of his church colleagues helped him out and they got him a job and a place to stay ... I really hope this is the outcome for Steven that he is somewhere alive and it’s very convenient that his church colleague was in Vegas at the same time as Steven .

I can't think this is the case at this point. Early on, there was much speculation about many scenarios, including suicide and voluntarily disappearing. However, in some of the old posts, there was a LE-related person who said that it's pretty impossible these days to entirely disappear, especially for a long time. And, what would be the purpose to disappear for this long? His father died, and he didn't come out of hiding to attend the funeral. No one has heard hide nor hair of him for many, many years, and his family has let it be known that nothing he could have done would make them stop loving him -they just want him home.

It's as if Steven has been erased from the face of the earth. Here one day, every (living) trace of him gone the next. Not a blip. I think Steven's been gone from this earth since that fateful day when he was last seen walking on Evening Lights in SCA. It has to be excruciating for his family, but I seriously doubt they will find any answers. Some things are so terrible, it's hard to grasp, and I'd say that having a loved one just disappear, especially under the circumstances Steven did, is one of the worst. I can't imagine it. So very sad for this family.

Last edited:
A note here about the friend/colleague who last spoke with Steven. After this long, having read about/discussed here and pondered this case for years, I've come to a fairly solid conclusion in my own mind about it. I truly think this was a case of coincidence. Nothing has ever come of it -no rumors, no breadcrumbs.

It's been discussed here that during that last phone call he didn't ask SK why he was in the LV area -what he was doing. However, I think it's just a case of that's how many men roll. My husband and many men I know wouldn't ask.

As far as them being there at the same time well, it's LV. It's the closest big city. I imagine many young people, especially single ones, often make the trek. Jobs, night life, etc. Likely quite common.

Just a few thoughts in this very old, very sad, case which never seems to closer to resolution.

There is an interesting post on Reddit from few years back with a theory I haven’t heard discussed on here too often. Not sure if I can post an outside link, but the title of the thread is “Steven Koecher: a call to u/CaptJax: My thoughts as a Vegas native and former drug fiend.”

There is an interesting post on Reddit from few years back with a theory I haven’t heard discussed on here too often. Not sure if I can post an outside link, but the title of the thread is “Steven Koecher: a call to u/CaptJax: My thoughts as a Vegas native and former drug fiend.”

Is this someone who said they knew Steven? If so, may have been posted upthread?

Where are you, Steven?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire