Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just randomly typed in Delphi Murders and saw a chilling reenactment of what could have happened. These series of 3 or 4 possible scenarios had had 2 girls (played by women) as well as the 1 man playing the perpetrator... acting like it might have happened. this was complete with him hiding out and following them, coming across the bridge, commanding that they go down the hill, etc. All this right on the actual Delphi bridge site at the bridge and under as well as actually crossing the creek to the crime scene area. Again, all done at the very site in Delphi. (I am not going to link it here.. scary background music was too much.)

Even though it was a reenactment, it sent chills up my spine. But it did make me think of: The absolute terror and panic of what those girls went thru trying to comply with orders and not knowing what the man was going to do to them.

Catch this predator!
Makes sense. For levity I will say maybe he planted a news boy cap.:rolleyes:

Purdue class
Church
School
Sports
Camp
Family

Busy girls and they came into contact with a great many Indiana Generic white males

All needed investigation. I think the police have gone through these groups.
I’m sure they have. Now, given a two year time lapse, I’d take some representative data samples and see if their life choices line up with evasive actions. I’d double scrub that list, which is huge. No wonder we are at the two year mark.
Kudos to the persistence and dedication of LE.

Amateur speculation and opinion

Not to my recollection.

JMO

I think it may have been one of those things they said very early on, kind of off-handedly, without realizing just how much power that one word would have. A murder victim getting her killer, much less her murder, on tape IS pretty rare. I could see how some officers could go through their entire careers without seeing such a thing. Sometimes things like this happen when a relatively small place, with LE that don't have a lot of public speaking experience, suddenly gets thrusted into the limelight on an international stage. In the beginning things were confusing and crazy and nobody had really had the time to sit down and process. I realize that people like Carter and Tobe are seasoned pros, but this case grabbed attention from the very start and is playing out in the media (including SM) like few do. Even with coaching by the FBI to word things carefully, they're still human and clearly passionate about this crime.

I could be wrong, there may very well be a twist that comes out of left field, but IMO it was simply a reference to the fact that a 14 yo had the foresight to flip on her camera and create evidence that wouldn't have existed without her quick thinking.

I believe the past double homicide victims they were talking about were somehow related to BP. Not sure the exact relation. I don’t know if that is a twist, but it’s weird.
That could be. I think it was BP"s grandparents murdered and now her own granddaughter and friend are murdered.
MOO.

Then he must have gagged them because the sound would have carried, and surely someone would have heard it? There were other hikers that day? Confusing.

Amateur opinion and speculation
That is what I don't understand...and walking or running through all of the dead leaves would be loud also.

That is what I don't understand...and walking or running through all of the dead leaves would be loud also.

It was a little windy and the area is so hilly that sound doesn't carry that well. People talk to their friends, chat on the phone, get lost in thought, listen to music through their earbuds...it's easy enough to block out the rest of the world. If someone heard leaves moving would that have registered as suspicious? Probably not to me. I'm in a wooded park and hear the rustling leaves I'm probably going to just assume someone's walking around like me-not thst a double homicide is about to take place. And that's if I hear them or register the sound in my mind at all.

Personally, I think they were probably too scared to scream. Being frozen with fear is a very real thing. Create enough fear in them and you wouldn't need a gag. Simply playing to their youth, fear, and loyalty may have been enough.

mulling over everyones posts almost daily since this happened absorbing all we have there is one component that strikes me as really important and a big clue as to who they are looking for.

LE have made no alerts to the greater community that they should be scared and taking precautions to not be alone and look out for everybody.

if BG was a random predator wouldn't this be expected and warranted????????????

I am warming rapidly to the girls were targeted. catfished maybe.

my opinion only.
This makes sense to me. If I remember correctly...didn't LE say for parents to be aware of what their children were doing? MOO

Going over some early media coverage and I found this report from 4:30am on 2/14. I found it interesting that the reporter said she just talked to a group (off camera) who were searching and told her they didn’t even know the girls.

This was before the official search resumed, so I wonder how they knew the search was still ongoing (girls still missing) and I doubt LE has any record of who they were.

I know we've gone over the "guys" and "down the hill" thing ad nauseum, but I am currently reading John Douglas' book "The Killer Across the Table". He tells the story of Joseph McGowan and the murder of 7 year old Joan D'Alessandro.

John Douglas interviewed Joseph McGowan in prison after he had been in prison for quite some time. He had been found guilty for Joan's murder.

John Douglas asked him how he managed to convince Joan to come into the house and he responded "He was a teacher and was used to having authority over kids. He knew how to use his voice to convey authority and how to talk to children". He was essentially "schooled in it".

Not that we haven't had posters come up with this type of scenario here, but hearing it come out of the mouth of a cold blooded killer gave me goosebumps. I actually let out a gasp as I was reading his words.

I have to really think about the possibility that BG knew how to deal with kids. That somehow his job, hobbies, volunteerism, etc., kept him in contact with kids in an authoritative manner.

MOO

I have been posting that I think the Purdue connection merits additional inspection. Some folks were harshly dismissive, but I stand by that opinion.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Questions about the Purdue classes:

How many students were in each class? 10? 25? 50 or more?
In addition to the class Libby took, what other classes and on what topics were offered?
Who were the instructors? Purdue professors? Graduate students? Upperclassmen at Purdue ? Outside people who had a background in that particular topic?
Were the classes sanctioned by Purdue or was Purdue simply providing the classrooms/facilities?
Could any middle or high school student sign up, or were there specific requirements to take classes? ( ie GPA, student in the gifted and talented program at their high school, college-bound students, etc.)
Were the classes just for fun or did middle and high school students earn credits towards high school graduation by taking them? Did high school student earn any college credit for taking a class?
Were middle and high school students combined in the same class, or were there specific age divisions? The same class being offered, but one group was middle school students only and a different classroom had the high school students only, each with different instructors?

Going over some early media coverage and I found this report from 4:30am on 2/14. I found it interesting that the reporter said she just talked to a group (off camera) who were searching and told her they didn’t even know the girls.

This was before the official search resumed, so I wonder how they knew the search was still ongoing (girls still missing) and I doubt LE has any record of who they were.

Facebook posts were everywhere that night. People were encouraging others to go out and help search. They probably knew the search was still ongoing because people at the park were updating statuses abd making calls all night. Plus, if you drove by the park you'd see a long line of cars pulled to the side. The news of the missing girls and the search for them was hard to escape that night. The posts dominated my newsfeed and I probanly only have around a dozen people I'm connected with from Delphi. I imagine that being IN Delphi that night would've seen even more online activity. My family was there and they didn't know the girls. Missing kids usually bring out a sizable crowd.

Facebook posts were everywhere that night. People were encouraging others to go out and help search. They probably knew the search was still ongoing because people at the park were updating statuses abd making calls all night. Plus, if you drove by the park you'd see a long line of cars pulled to the side. The news of the missing girls and the search for them was hard to escape that night. The posts dominated my newsfeed and I probanly only have around a dozen people I'm connected with from Delphi. I imagine that being IN Delphi that night would've seen even more online activity. My family was there and they didn't know the girls. Missing kids usually bring out a sizable crowd.

I know scanner thread is not supposed to come here. Hope it is ok to direct down though. Page 10 has a little snippet that I think is interesting regarding possible crime scene contamination.

So it wasn't just family and friends looking overnight. I still can't believe police didn't keep up the search through the night. If I was a parent of that missing child I would have felt so abandoned by LE and so grateful to those strangers. In retrospect, it now makes the crime scene contaminated by people the police now probably can't identify.

So it wasn't just family and friends looking overnight. I still can't believe police didn't keep up the search through the night. If I was a parent of that missing child I would have felt so abandoned by LE and so grateful to those strangers. In retrospect, it now makes the crime scene contaminated by people the police now probably can't identify.

I have always been a bit annoyed over LE’s statement that they stopped looking because of the dark and the terrain and that they felt the girls weren’t in any danger. What? OK I can understand not thinking they were murdered, but how could you not think they were in danger. LE knew this when they called off the search; the trails had been walked by numerous people calling out for the girls for hours with no response. If they were hurt or lost in that relatively small area they certainly would have heard people calling, the families had called all the girls’ friends to see if they were there or had information, it was going to be cold that night and the girls did not have heavy coats on. So how in the world you could look at that information and situation and determine they’re not in danger escapes me. It is, of course, a moot point since if they had kept searching and found the girls overnight they would have found them dead, but shocking to me that LE would have thought like that.

I wonder if the “guys” in the audio is spliced from a different part of the whole clip and LE removes words. Wonder if he said something like “Guys, I’ve got a _______ (murder weapon) get down the hill.” To me it doesn’t seem like the “guys” and the “down the hill” go together. MOO
Totally agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members