Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was seen with truck at gas station in Braymer after he left his farm. That is why it took a little bit to see it in Polo. Bodies have to be close to farm.

So if this is true, he potentially committed murder(s) in less than 45 minutes of two grown men and then went into a gas station like he didn’t have a care in the world in their rental truck? This seems so very strange, especially if he was going to pass a gas station in Polo on the way. Makes you wonder if he was meeting someone there that he didn’t want phone records of speaking to. JMO

What a devastatingly senseless act. He definitely did not think of the consequences, but more importantly he does not value human life. He is worried about himself alone. He was put in a corner, and as someone (sorry cannot recall name right now) posted earlier his charm and justifications couldn’t get him out of his latest mess. IMO that is exactly what happened. Regardless, of this happening now or in the future, I believe this situation was bound to happen. I’m surprised others have not confronted him. Maybe they have. That’s a lot of money he scammed from hard working honest people. I can only imagine what he’s done to his own family. That’s enough about him. I’m absolutely heartbroken over the senseless loss of these two guys. It shouldn’t have happened. Those children, wife, mother, and other family and friends have to go on without their loved ones; for what? And in such a horrible way (likely). Just devastating. Prayers for comfort and justice for the family.

First of all thank you to inmyhumbleopinion for going over the information regarding the prior case.

Secondly anyone else disappointed in the market to market report from Iowa public television that seems to defend the actions that landed him in prison the first time. I get they had no clue he would end up being a murderer suspect but I feel like they should have done some more research on that case.
Just my opinion

So if this is true, he potentially committed murder(s) in less than 45 minutes of two grown men and then went into a gas station like he didn’t have a care in the world in their rental truck? This seems so very strange, especially if he was going to pass a gas station in Polo on the way. Makes you wonder if he was meeting someone there that he didn’t want phone records of speaking to. JMO
I can’t imagine he didn’t have enough gas to make it to Polo (13 miles away). But they did find a large fire burning at his farm the next day or so (seen and discussed in early videos). Maybe he needed gas to get the fire going. Just a guess because all we know about the fire is that they discovered it “smoldering” when the LE arrived to search.

I can’t imagine he didn’t have enough gas to make it to Polo (13 miles away). But they did find a large fire burning at his farm the next day or so (seen and discussed in early videos). Maybe he needed gas to get the fire going. Just a guess because all we know about the fire is that they discovered it “smoldering” when the LE arrived to search.
Why does it sound like this guy took pointers from Fotis Dulos and Ayoola Ajayi?

That’s pretty carefree of him to drive their rental truck into Braymer to the gas station. I would think he would of wanted to take every back road he could find to get to his destination. He could of found a way around Main Street Polo and the security cameras. He’s not very sneaky or smart about his crime. I still not sure of the real motive for this awful senseless crime and why park the truck in Holt ?

[More from the charging document in the previous case]

“21. It was further part of the scheme that on or about December 13, 2013, defendant Nelson obtained a farm personal property and liability insurance policy on his cattle through Farm Bureau Insurance in case of livestock drowning, shooting, or theft without disclosing that the FSA had first lien on all of his chattel.

22. It was further part of the scheme that from on or about December 15, 2013 through on or about March 30, 2014, defendant Nelson knowingly and intentionally made fraudulent statements to Farm Bureau Insurance, by falsely indicating his livestock had drowned or been stolen. Each time he made a claim, defendant Nelson signed a false sworn statement in a proof of loss. In fact, he had not lost the livestock in the manners claimed, and he was selling numerous cows and calves to various auction houses.

23. It was further part of the scheme that on or about March 29, 2014, in furtherance of his scheme, defendant Nelson took a vacation to the Kansas City, Missouri, area. He asked his farmhand to check and count the cattle behind his home, and the farmhand counted 34 cows
and 34 calves. Defendant Nelson indicated that was incorrect and it should be much higher. He came home, purportedly early, and took the farmhand to a wire fence that was cut and pulled it aside. The farmhand saw no evidence of cow movement in the area outside the fence, and he had never seen the number of cattle defendant Nelson claimed behind Nelson’s home. Defendant Nelson then falsely claimed to Farm Bureau Insurance that he had lost 40 cattle due to theft.

24. It was further part of the scheme that, without disclosing that the FSA had first lien on all of his chattel, defendant Nelson filed four loss claims to Farm Bureau Insurance, resulting in a loss of $31,320, and the proceeds were not remitted to the FSA as was required under the terms of the loans.

25. It was further part of the scheme that defendant Nelson ceased making repayments on his FSA loans as of January 12, 2015. His outstanding principal balance is $138,452.79, plus applicable interest and penalties. Defendant Nelson filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on June 25, 2015.”

00236B90-44E2-4D55-8868-A06EB2918DFE.png
So no, he didn’t just “break a rule on a loan.”

[More from the charging document in the previous case]

“21. It was further part of the scheme that on or about December 13, 2013, defendant Nelson obtained a farm personal property and liability insurance policy on his cattle through Farm Bureau Insurance in case of livestock drowning, shooting, or theft without disclosing that the FSA had first lien on all of his chattel.

22. It was further part of the scheme that from on or about December 15, 2013 through on or about March 30, 2014, defendant Nelson knowingly and intentionally made fraudulent statements to Farm Bureau Insurance, by falsely indicating his livestock had drowned or been stolen. Each time he made a claim, defendant Nelson signed a false sworn statement in a proof of loss. In fact, he had not lost the livestock in the manners claimed, and he was selling numerous cows and calves to various auction houses.

23. It was further part of the scheme that on or about March 29, 2014, in furtherance of his scheme, defendant Nelson took a vacation to the Kansas City, Missouri, area. He asked his farmhand to check and count the cattle behind his home, and the farmhand counted 34 cows
and 34 calves. Defendant Nelson indicated that was incorrect and it should be much higher. He came home, purportedly early, and took the farmhand to a wire fence that was cut and pulled it aside. The farmhand saw no evidence of cow movement in the area outside the fence, and he had never seen the number of cattle defendant Nelson claimed behind Nelson’s home. Defendant Nelson then falsely claimed to Farm Bureau Insurance that he had lost 40 cattle due to theft.

24. It was further part of the scheme that, without disclosing that the FSA had first lien on all of his chattel, defendant Nelson filed four loss claims to Farm Bureau Insurance, resulting in a loss of $31,320, and the proceeds were not remitted to the FSA as was required under the terms of the loans.

25. It was further part of the scheme that defendant Nelson ceased making repayments on his FSA loans as of January 12, 2015. His outstanding principal balance is $138,452.79, plus applicable interest and penalties. Defendant Nelson filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on June 25, 2015.”

View attachment 195759
So no, he didn’t just “break a rule on a loan.”
Thank you for all the detailed information. It makes you wonder how he was able to get back into the cattle business. I don’t know how many lenders and insurance companies deal with livestock loans/policies, but I would think that network would be relatively small. How could he ever get financing to operate a cattle farm again or insurance to cover them?

This one is pretty local to me. I have a lot of friends & family who have farmed, past & present. I can’t imagine the pain the family/friends of the Diemel’s are experiencing. I participated in 4H growing up, and I volunteer for the 4H program my daughters are a part of still.

I do not know if this info is in msm yet, I will look for a link. I would think/hope local msm would report on this.

The Outagamie county fair is held in Seymour, and Friday night was the livestock auction. 4H youth learn many life lessons by participating in the fair. I have a friend who gets her son and daughter a lamb every year, and each child is responsible for (with help from parents) caring for and raising the lamb, which they sell at the fair’s auction each year. It taught them a great deal about responsibility, but also gives them a peek into farming when it is time to sell their sheep at the fair. Many local businesses, big and small, support these kids kids by purchasing their animals during the auction. In the past it is expected that pigs will sell for $3-$7 per pound at the auction. One of the young men with a pig at the auction Friday pledged proceeds from the sale of his pig to the Diemel families. This auction was like no other. Many paddles stayed in the air, and the final bid ended up being for $42 per pound for the pig. The auctioneer was very emotional, and could barely speak the final bid through his own tears.

I guess my whole point is, even though this is such an awful thing the family is going through, the silver lining is that, there are still some good people left in this world. There are still some youth who are being raised and taught the right way, to do the right thing, to lift people up when and how they are able. We hear about more and more evil, and it can be very defeating, so I just thought it was important to pass this along. What a wonderful community to be a part of. It is something that makes me proud of being from small town Wisconsin, and to be involved in 4H, hopefully helping to influence some other local kids to be caring and compassionate humans.
This story has been picked up by msm :)
Junior 4H auction in Outagamie raises over $10,000 for Diemel family
One Junior 4-H member did something for the Diemel Family that shocked everyone this weekend at the Outagamie County Fair.

Stein is the name of the $10,000 hog.

"It was 246 pounds and sold for $42 a pound," said Steve Green, the fair's hog superintendent.

That's more than three times the average pig at the animal market auction. Green says this was a powerful one to witness.

"A lot of us in the area know the Diemel's really well," said Green.

11-year-old Mason Gorecki knew the brothers too. He wanted to help the Diemel family however he could.

"Came to us asking us as a livestock committee if he'd be able to sell his extra hog and donate it completely to the family," said Green.

And that had everyone trying to bring Stein the pig home.

"Very emotional, the auctioneers broke down," said Green.

"I started asking three dollars just like everything else," said auctioneer Scott Doyle. But the price just kept rising, and rising. "The signs came up almost like a school teacher asking a kids who wants a piece of candy."

Doyle didn't have to know the Diemel brothers personally, the agriculture community is a close one.

"I raise beef cattle too. It's almost like a brother," said Doyle.

Like everyone in attendance, Doyle was moved by the amount of people bidding.

"Just to watch what this kid did then the support," said Doyle. "Just everybody wanted to help. I don’t get really, really teary eyed but I’ll call it sweat in my eyes how about that."

The exact amount raised from the pig was $10,332.

All of it went to the Diemel family. Both the seller and purchaser waived their processing fees.

This one has a video of the young man who donated proceeds from his hog to the Diemel family.
Local livestock community comes together to support Diemel family
Local livestock community comes together to support Diemel family
“I was looking around and smiling obviously, because, well, that's what I do a lot and I was watching the crowd, and everybody was standing up and cheering and a bunch of people were crying,” said Mason Gorecki, a member of the Shooting Stars 4-H Club.

Gorecki donated proceeds from this 246 pound pig named Stein to the Diemel family. The buyer was a Navarino native.

“It was important to me because I knew that a lot of people were down and not feeling happy because I mean, they lost part of their family, and I know I wouldn't be able to live without my dad or cousins,” said Gorecki.

Gorecki's gesture came from his kind heart but it showed just how the livestock community is more like family.

This story has been picked up by msm :)

The local baseball team raised another $7,000 for the family on Sunday in Navarino. It is truly amazing how much the community is pulling together for them.

Navarino baseball team brings community together for Diemel family fundraiser

There is apparel being sold with all proceeds going to the Diemel family with the logo that was created by one of their friends that people have changed their social media profile pictures to with the men’s initials as well.

Truly a silver lining in the face of this awful situation.

Only reading of this case now, what a cruel and sad case. I hope they find SOMETHING....something to help give closure to the family...something to help put this man away, throw away lock + key....

FWIW, this is one cruel man. Look at the amount of people reaching out to help, concerned. Even all of us here on Websleuths. For every 1 cruel person, there's at least 100 more good people out there. The evil deeds can tend to stick in our heads, but the good deeds always prevail.

I didn't say he got gas. He was supposedly seen at gas station in Braymer a little after 12:00.

He could have killed them both, then moved the truck, then went back to the farm to take part in the burying or dismembering of the remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.