Found Safe WV - Gracelynn Scritchfield, 4, abducted by 'Trey' Hetrick, 6 July 2019 *vehicle spotted in Arizona

If he planned this out, he may have had a hideout for them, all set up already. Maybe an abandoned cabin or something? He could have gathered supplies beforehand, so they dont need to go out much. If her has hidden the car, and they are laying low, then there will be less stress on the child. I hope and pray that she is just seeing it as a mini vacation with her Daddy.

According to LIVE PD we know:
The father (TH) is a 'lone wolf' and has fanatical religious beliefs. He was living 'off the grid' in WV for ~3 months and his vehicle was recently spotted near Holbrook, AZ.
My questions:
1) How is TH funding this cross country trip?
2) Is he attempting to live 'off the grid' in the AZ desert with a 4 year old? The Painted Desert / Petrified Forest are very close to Holbrook.
3) Is his phone still working?

If he planned this out, he may have had a hideout for them, all set up already. Maybe an abandoned cabin or something? He could have gathered supplies beforehand, so they dont need to go out much. If her has hidden the car, and they are laying low, then there will be less stress on the child. I hope and pray that she is just seeing it as a mini vacation with her Daddy.

If they were still in the WV area, or even on the US east coast, I would tend to agree with you.
However, his car was last seen in AZ near the Painted Desert.
Scorching hot in the afternoon and down to freezing at night. Of course, no water. All supplies must be packed in.
JMO

If they were still in the WV area, or even on the US east coast, I would tend to agree with you.
However, his car was last seen in AZ near the Painted Desert.
Scorching hot in the afternoon and down to freezing at night. Of course, no water. All supplies must be packed in.
JMO
Ugh, Yes. That does put a wrinkle in my theory.

I can't imagine a more inhospitable place to try to hide out in, offgrid, than the desert in Mid July.

And do we know he doesn’t have those?

We don't know.
But it would have been extremely difficult for TH to get a passport for the child without the mother's consent.

"For U.S. citizens heading south of the border with a minor, the child needs a valid U.S. passport for air travel into the country; a passport card suffices for entry by land or sea. Things are simple and straightforward if both parents or legal guardians are traveling into Mexico with their child.
However – regardless of the mode of travel – minors must show documented permission to exit the U.S. and enter Mexico from any parent or legal guardian that isn't along for the trip."
Laws on Children & Passports and Traveling From United States to Mexico

No updates. I wish LE would release more information in order to keep Gracelynn in the public's minds. :(

Due to the fact that the last sighting of his vehicle was in the AZ desert area and combined with his 'off the grid' lifestyle, I'm really concerned that he may have the 4 year old camping in this environment.
I doubt he would take her to a hospital for dehydration or heat related illness and little kids can get extremely sick in a very short amount of time.
I'm really concerned about this little girl.
JMO

Last edited:
Considering that the first report of the vehicle being spotted headed Eastbound on 1-40 near Holbrook it is a good bet that he had already been further west, perhaps the Grand Canyon or other national parks west of there.

https://ktar.com/story/2664887/amber-alert-issued-for-west-virginia-girl-vehicle-seen-in-arizona/
Yeah, when I read that it gave me hope that maybe he was headed back to WV but it'll be a week tomorrow; seems like he would have made it back by now.

It concerns me that he's driving a vehicle that's 18 years old but I'd like to think if he had car trouble, the vehicle would have been found. Did he sell it? Hop on a bus? Is there any chance there's someone else with them and they've gone somewhere associated with that person? MOO

Doesn't look like he was a total loner. I've looked for religious sects in both places listed on his FB and struck out. Maybe someone else will have better luck
It said on that Live Pd video that he had been arrested during protests for trespassing. I have not seen any criminal charges but I don't know which Counties to check.

Yeah, when I read that it gave me hope that maybe he was headed back to WV but it'll be a week tomorrow; seems like he would have made it back by now.

It concerns me that he's driving a vehicle that's 18 years old but I'd like to think if he had car trouble, the vehicle would have been found. Did he sell it? Hop on a bus? Is there any chance there's someone else with them and they've gone somewhere associated with that person? MOO
That is possible, though law enforcement hasn't made any mention of it.

We really don't know too much about all of the circumstances surrounding all of this. Clearly there wasn't an issue with his parenting time. There is nothing being said about him being violent or suicidal. It isn't clear that there is a custody agreement through the courts since nothing has been mentioned about it.

My main question is, when was Gracelynn reported missing? The stories say that when he didn't bring her back on the 6th the calls were going to voice mail and when mom did get a hold of him he said he was going for a week but it still doesn't tell us when she was reported missing. Why was it not until the 22nd that an Amber Alert was issued? Was it only because a license plate reader in Arizona made a hit against NCIC? Was there any indication that he would have headed out of state prior to that?

It said on that Live Pd video that he had been arrested during protests for trespassing. I have not seen any criminal charges but I don't know which Counties to check.
The only report I have come across is this one.
On the Record

Arlie Edward Hetrick, 25, Monongah, W.Va., was arraigned on a citation of disorderly conduct and released on $1,000 personal recognizance bond. He was accused Sunday of using a makeshift megaphone and disturbing the neighborhood in the 1300 block of 37th Street in Parkersburg.​

That would be the location of "The Rock Family Worship Center".

The only report I have come across is this one.
On the Record

Arlie Edward Hetrick, 25, Monongah, W.Va., was arraigned on a citation of disorderly conduct and released on $1,000 personal recognizance bond. He was accused Sunday of using a makeshift megaphone and disturbing the neighborhood in the 1300 block of 37th Street in Parkersburg.​

That would be the location of "The Rock Family Worship Center".

The Rock Family Worship Center
The Rock Family Worship Center. ... A multi cultural non-denominational church led by Pastors Rusty & Leisa ... We hope you enjoy today with your family!

The Rock Family Worship Center Provides Children Ministry, Youth Mini, Worship And Art Ministry, Huntsville Dream Center And Life Groups

Not quite sure what reason someone would need to protest out front with a megaphone?

That is possible, though law enforcement hasn't made any mention of it.

We really don't know too much about all of the circumstances surrounding all of this. Clearly there wasn't an issue with his parenting time. There is nothing being said about him being violent or suicidal. It isn't clear that there is a custody agreement through the courts since nothing has been mentioned about it.

My main question is, when was Gracelynn reported missing? The stories say that when he didn't bring her back on the 6th the calls were going to voice mail and when mom did get a hold of him he said he was going for a week but it still doesn't tell us when she was reported missing. Why was it not until the 22nd that an Amber Alert was issued? Was it only because a license plate reader in Arizona made a hit against NCIC? Was there any indication that he would have headed out of state prior to that?
It sounds as if there's a custodial agreement if she was filing contempt charges but you're right, we really don't know for sure.

I don't think I've seen a date that Gracelynn was reported missing but we can narrow it down to July 20 or 21.

Search continues for missing West Virginia girl
But on July 19, he did not return and neither did the girl. Having not heard back from him, she called Fairmont police over this past weekend.

On Monday, July 22, West Virginia State Police issued an Amber Alert, saying that they believe the girl is in extreme danger.

JUL 30, 2019
Suspect from West Virginia Amber Alert possibly seen in Williams, AZ
The father of a child authorities have been looking for over the past week may have been seen at a gas station in Williams, Ariz., but the Department of Public Safety now says that sighting was not confirmed.

According to DPS Tuesday morning, a citizen reported seeing 26-year-old Arlie Edward Hetrick III early in the morning. Hetrick is the biological father of 4-year-old Gracelynn Scritchfield.

[...]

Amber Alert suspect reportedly seen at gas station in northern Arizona
Arizona authorities said the suspect of a week-old Amber Alert was seen early Tuesday morning at a gas station near Flagstaff.

The Arizona Department of Public Safety said a citizen “had contact with” Arlie Hetrick III, 26, in Williams.

[...]

DPS: Suspect in WV AMBER Alert spotted in Williams, AZ
[...]

A citizen contacted authorities and said they had contact with Arlie Hetric at a gas station in Williams. An exact time and location have not been released.

DPS did not say if 4-year-old Gracelynn Scritchfield was believed to be with Hetric at the time of the contact.

[...]

Amber Alert: Gracelynn Scritchfield seen near Williams, AZ
According to an Arizona Department of Public Safety news release "Today early this morning (exact time unknown) a citizen had contact with Arlie Hetrick at a gas station in Williams Arizona."

[...]

Williams AZ Police Department
CORRECTION: Sightings of this suspect and child HAVE NOT BEEN CONFIRMED in the Williams Area.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back