Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amd

Closest tow truck is hours away, nevermind the cost associated with removing it.

Yeah. I mean we know these two were operating on the cheap so they could actually do this trip. I doubt they'd immediately call a tow truck instead of working to fix it.

I'm not sure why it's even a topic of discussion.

That's the way it goes when people take a road trip into the middle of no where, hours away from gas stations, police stations, tow trucks and hospitals. Don't go to those places if you can't afford it.
Even those that could afford it might choose to sleep in the van they purchased for the express purpose of sleeping in.

Lucas’ boss said he fixed up the van himself, so it’s possible the flooding issue was a known problem that resolves with a bit of time. It’s not entirely unusual for old vehicles to flood. I remember being told ‘don’t do this or you’ll flood the engine’ with old cars with chokes growing up.

In regards to the safety of sleeping off the side of a quiet highway as backpackers, there’s no reason to suspect that the possibility of a random murder would occur any more than you or I might suspect every time we get into our vehicles a drunken or texting driver will kill us. Actually, far less, statistically.

So two vehicles were set alight, not just one? I was getting so confused about Len Dyck being found near a burning vehicle, yet the burning vehicle seemingly was in Gillam, MB and he was in BC.

There is not too much official info, but I'm going to assume all three victims were robbed, because none of them were found with ID. In addition, it appears that LD's camper van was stolen (later set on fire near Gillam). LD would likely have had food in his van, along with bedding etc, which the fugitives could make use of.

I don't think many people carry much cash on them these days, so they may not have got as much money as they would have liked. The $20 for gas, could have been the last of it (or they were rationing it for later) and credit card usage of the deceased would raise red flags.

If the camper shell is really not at the scene of the burned truck ...

Everyone wondering about the camper ... the fibreglass shell melted in the fire but metal stuff from inside the camper were at the scene. They were collected on a blue tarp by the investigators.

Everyone wondering about the dent ... it was probably caused by metal bed frame or other heavy objects in the melting camper.

I live in New York, but I have traveled all of Manitoba, including the north by bush plane, and pretty much know the province and the dynamics like the back of my hand.

Don’t take anything that “observers” from small communities say to journalists as the gospel truth, especially when they are recollecting past events. They are not swearing affidavits. It is now beyond clear, as I have said repeatedly for two days, that these Split Lake Band personnel are not only not RCMP officers, they are not police officers of any kind. I would also not accept the statements from the gentleman in Cold Lake, about an encounter over a week ago, as the gospel truth.

As a former resident of England, let me also suggest that you take anything in the Daily Mail with a grain of salt. In North American terms, it is only marginally more reputable than the National Enquirer. In this case, it has already had to make a retraction.

The Bear Clan is a Winnipeg neighbourhood watch group. It has no law enforcement training and it has never before operated in the north. I was not exactly comforted when I learned that they had “volunteered” to be involved in this.

The dynamics are such that the RCMP had no choice but to embark on a major operation when the head of the Bear Clan announced a “sighting” to the media. I am not impressed with the fact that he chose to talk to the press right away, which mostly had the effect of promoting him and his organization. I suspect that a lot of people in Manitoba share that view.

I do not take anything that the Bear Clan has said about this as gospel, and I fully accept the RCMP conclusion that the “sighting” could not be verified.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait. Are we seriously criticizing these people for not immediately adhering to some obscure highway regulation when they determined their vehicle wasn't working?

There are a lot of variables at play. Like the fact that Lucas probably tried to fix it. Because he knew how to do that. Or maybe because after that failed they decided to sleep in the vehicle overnight before trying to get assistance?

Lack of cell phone service is absolutely a reason not to immediately act regarding a disabled vehicle. So is be ability to do repair work on one's own.

Rhetorical question but why is there always so much criticism in cases like this? Criticism of victims, LE, volunteers, witnesses.

What the point of it?

Thank You! Criticizing the victims is troublesome. They were there on the side of the highway under a string of unfortunate circumstances, they were not irresponsible, they were not purposely violating the BC Highway Safety Regulations. It was even mentioned that people that didn't have enough money should not travel to remote areas where services are not available....money would not have helped if there was no tow truck available until the next day or if there was no cell service to even call one. Lucas & Chynna made the best of a bad situation, it is not their fault for being broke down on the side of a highway. JMO

From your link -
“I told them that you know you're supposed to stop ... and then they said sorry about that, the driver said sorry, and then I asked them where they came from and they said Vancouver," the constable, who started the role in March, said...”

LD was from Vancouver so the vehicle would’ve also been registered to a Vancouver address. While the RCMP haven’t confirmed the RAV4 belonged to him, I’m certain it did.

Wait a minute.. we don't know what vehicle LD drove?

I thought it was a silver RAV4 which is partly why they're suspected. Has this not yet been confirmed??

Because the RCMP is trying to find a couple of people instead of playing amateur detective, and it doesn’t matter who owned that vehicle?

I think that the police are interested in saying things that might help the public identify these guys, ownership of that car probably not being on the list :)

At the risk of sounding ignorant, why doesn't it matter? Is that not what ties them to LD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anon_girl12345