GUILTY MS - Alexandria "Ally" Kostial, 21, Ole Miss student found dead, Harmontown, 20 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

A part of me does wonder if BT is sitting behind bars thinking it’s only a matter of time before my dad and his money gets me out of this situation. These guys tend to have a deluded sense of reality.
bbm
Yes, they do -- I still wonder how many jams -- big or small -- his dad may have already fixed for his son -- "Boys will be boys, ya know," and all that. "You're only in college once..."
Maybe BT has run into premature-daddy problems before, especially if that sport was his main athletic pastime...

I have a daughter in a sorority and imo and experience, a pregnancy would not be kept a secret for 3 seconds and the sisters wouldn't necessarily see someone trying to end an unwanted pregnancy as a negative thing they wouldn't talk about. I mean, when more than a couple of the girls do online *advertiser censored* to make money and/or take money for pervs on Tinder and the like, that's small potatoes. The times, they have most certainly changed. My kids are possibly a little more "forthcoming" than most, so I hear the real deal whether I want to or not. : |

Unfortunately, college kids - girls AND boys - have been turning to the sex industry for years in order to pay off tuition and other expenses. Nowadays, they can do it in a significantly safer way, online, without even having to have any in person contact with anyone.

Don't miss another likely scenario (beyond that the Farese camp would also be putting stories out there to make Ally look less like a sweet, innocent girl).

Consider that Brandon's current girlfriend or another coed who had or has a crush on him might have put the story out there out of anger at Ally.

I don't understand the leap to thinking the Daily Mail story has any validity since they have a history of printing mistruths and outright lies.

My impression from most people’s responses is that the only part of the DM story that has any validity is the actual pregnancy. All the details around it like when she allegedly told BT and that she was trying to end it using drugs and alcohol people seem to be mostly discounting. MOO, but it’s hard to think the pregnancy is still just a rumor. When you look at where EVERY shot was fired (from someone who knows how to shoot a gun) and the text messages, it’s difficult to come up with a separate explanation.

Personally, I am not holding any truth to any of the additional details given in the DM article though. She obviously didn’t tell BT that day of her pregnancy given the timing of the text messages. It’s possible she told him she had decided she wasn’t going to get an abortion that day? But 17 weeks is pretty far along so that also seems like an unlikely scenario.

Therefore, my opinion still stands that it was just a loose acquaintance of Ally’s who had gotten the text messages (hundreds I know on campus have seen those, they have been going around since the day BT got arrested along with the placement of the shots) and wanted to make a few bucks but had to make up the additional details to give the DM a “full” story. MOO

Unfortunately, college kids - girls AND boys - have been turning to the sex industry for years in order to pay off tuition and other expenses. Nowadays, they can do it in a significantly safer way, online, without even having to have any in person contact with anyone.

You should add "some" to this. The vast majority do not.

My impression from most people’s responses is that the only part of the DM story that has any validity is the actual pregnancy. All the details around it like when she allegedly told BT and that she was trying to end it using drugs and alcohol people seem to be mostly discounting. MOO, but it’s hard to think the pregnancy is still just a rumor. When you look at where EVERY shot was fired (from someone who knows how to shoot a gun) and the text messages, it’s difficult to come up with a separate explanation.

Personally, I am not holding any truth to any of the additional details given in the DM article though. She obviously didn’t tell BT that day of her pregnancy given the timing of the text messages. It’s possible she told him she had decided she wasn’t going to get an abortion that day? But 17 weeks is pretty far along so that also seems like an unlikely scenario.

Therefore, my opinion still stands that it was just a loose acquaintance of Ally’s who had gotten the text messages (hundreds I know on campus have seen those, they have been going around since the day BT got arrested along with the placement of the shots) and wanted to make a few bucks but had to make up the additional details to give the DM a “full” story. MOO

Hi there, I’m new to WS. I’m glad to read insight from someone who is familiar with the area and school vibe. I’ve been following this investigation and I’ve been relieved to see that the police are remaining tight lipped about the details until the timing is right. I completely agree that this “friend” was no friend at all. The DM article simply doesn’t add up, especially in regards to the timing of BT finding out about Ally’s pregnancy. < modsnip - discussing rumor> This is my first post and I just came across this website yesterday, so it’s very possible that I’m missing something obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I’m new to WS. I’m glad to read insight from someone who is familiar with the area and school vibe. I’ve been following this investigation and I’ve been relieved to see that the police are remaining tight lipped about the details until the timing is right. I completely agree that this “friend” was no friend at all. The DM article simply doesn’t add up, especially in regards to the timing of BT finding out about Ally’s pregnancy. I’m having difficult finding the text messages in this thread or the previous, would you mind advising on how I could view those? This is my first post and I just came across this website yesterday, so it’s very possible that I’m missing something obvious.

Look at my previous posts, I posted a link a few back. We are not allowed to post that stuff directly here but can post a link to where it has been posted elsewhere.

A couple of snap thoughts about the DM article.

1) The source was anonymous. No attributed quotes. Not a strong story.
2) I found it strange that her alleged pregnancy wasn't a secret on campus, but the alleged father didn't know about it until that day. That defies all logic.
3) She allegedly didn't want to abort the baby, but was actively seeking ways to terminate pregnancy herself. Huh? Again, this doesn't make a ton of sense.
4) The timing of the story is odd. Why now?

I'd have to read again to digest.

1) I agree.
2) I'm not sure I've read when/how it became known. Could be a situation where perhaps a few close friends knew - then, the moment she was murdered, virtually the entire campus knew within a few hours.
3) It doesn't make sense - but I find that we frequently presume logic in the actions of people we're looking at (whether the victim or a suspect) in these cases. Often, people act irrationally. Remember - for all of the other girls that recognized BT as a jerk or someone they didn't want to associate with... she spent the better part of 3 years 'involved.' I could imagine her exhibiting erratic behavior when it comes to a pregnancy. One moment, having a baby leads to him becoming the loving guy she wants him to be... the next she's angry and wants nothing to do with him. I dunno.
4) I agree.

Friends of murdered Ole Miss student Ally Kostial say she was pregnant with Brandon Theesfeld’s baby: Report

“CrimeOnline had previously received credible information that Kostial was pregnant at the time of her murder. We declined to immediately publish a story on the possible pregnancy, pending confirmation from law enforcement or specific sources we had reached out to for corroboration.

None of the sources who spoke to CrimeOnline, all who insisted on anonymity, said anything about Kostial’s alleged attempts to put her pregnancy in jeopardy by drinking or using drugs — only that she refused to have an abortion, though Theesfeld allegedly pressured her to terminate the pregnancy.“

This part could be fuzzy. Certain behavior can be unhealthy for a pregnancy... but that doesn't mean the person is intentionally trying to put a pregnancy at risk.

Did BT have a license to carry his gun out of the house, inside a car, and/or concealed? What’s concerning about this is, no matter what the reason is that he shot Ally (and IMO I do think he did it) ... this is a guy that if he gets mad enough has no problem taking out his gun and using it. That is ballsy. Most people wouldn’t even dream of that.

BBM

I respectfully disagree.
There is nothing "ballsy" about shooting your girlfriend multiple times, it is a vivid example of supreme cowardice.

The worst part of rag operations like The Daily Mail and their poorly researched, poorly sourced crap (even when it contains nuggets of truth) is how that bad info goes viral and starts populating Twitter and Reddit like a game of telephone. It makes it impossible to navigate in those forums because you can't communicate intelligently with people whose heads are filled with garbage (kind of like going home for Thanksgiving dinner and talking politics).

You should add "some" to this. The vast majority do not.
Unfortunately, we have read so much in the media about coeds selling sex we assume it is widespread.

In my long lifetime living in the south and traveling the country with work, I have never come across a single family touched by this.

In fact, twenty of my years were spent counseling people and no one brought this up about a friend or relative.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I'm betting there are few participants on the Ole Miss campus.

Last edited:
Hi there, I’m new to WS. I’m glad to read insight from someone who is familiar with the area and school vibe. I’ve been following this investigation and I’ve been relieved to see that the police are remaining tight lipped about the details until the timing is right. I completely agree that this “friend” was no friend at all. The DM article simply doesn’t add up, especially in regards to the timing of BT finding out about Ally’s pregnancy. I’m having difficulty finding the text messages in this thread or the previous, would you mind advising on how I could view those? This is my first post and I just came across this website yesterday, so it’s very possible that I’m missing something obvious.

Welcome, NEL10, <modsnip - discussing moderation>

Most everything we've heard about Ally's murder is rumor, from the pregnancy to the number of shots fired to where the shots hit her body. 8 shots? 22 shots? Back? Front?

We've read that she was beaten and that she tried to kill a baby while insisting on saving it.

We've been told Memphis LE arrested Brandon wearing bloody clothes while others said the clothes were in the trunk.

The best thing we can do for this young girl and her family is wait until LE releases probable cause info and the warrants which will tell us the details that lead to the arrest and will be expanded upon at trial.

And we can pray for the family to get some peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst part of rag operations like The Daily Mail and their poorly researched, poorly sourced crap (even when it contains nuggets of truth) is how that bad info goes viral and starts populating Twitter and Reddit like a game of telephone. It makes it impossible to navigate in those forums because you can't communicate intelligently with people whose heads are filled with garbage (kind of like going home for Thanksgiving dinner and talking politics).
A genius post, marco!

The Clarion Ledger reached Keith Kostial by phone, and published this on Monday -- probably trying to get ahead of the DM news coming out Tuesday.

"Whatever the sheriff's office and coroner's department has verified, I can verify. Everything else is basically unsubstantiated at this time and it’s still under further investigation," he said, and referred further questions to a public relations professional working with the family.

The public relations person said the family is focused on privately grieving. A vigil was held Thursday night in St. Louis, Ally Kosital's hometown. A funeral service was held in Kirkwood, Missouri on Saturday morning.

What Ally Kostial's father has said since his daughter's murder near Ole Miss

The slain Ole Miss college student whose bullet-ridden body was discovered near a lake told friends that she was pregnant with her accused killer’s child, according to a report.

Alexandria “Ally” Kostial, 21, confided in her University of Mississippi sorority sisters that her love interest, Brandon Theesfeld, was upset that she was pregnant shortly before he allegedly shot her to death earlier this month, the Daily Mail reported.

“Her sorority sisters knew she was pregnant and that she had told Brandon,” a classmate told the news outlet. “He was really upset about it, that it would ruin his life and his future.”

Another friend said that 22-year-old Theesfeld urged her to terminate the pregnancy.

[...]

The Lafayette County Coroner’s Office couldn’t confirm on Tuesday whether Kostial was pregnant until the autopsy is complete.

“The initial examination of Alexandria Kostial was performed,” Lafayette County Coroner Rocky Kennedy told The Post. “The additional ballistic, trace and comparative testing is not complete. The final complete autopsy report will not be issued by the State Medical Examiner until all evidence is processed and analyzed.”

The coroner previously declined to comment on claims that Kostial may have been expecting a child.

“The reason we haven’t updated case information to this point is out of respect for Ally, her family and to preserve the integrity of our investigation,” the coroner’s office said.

“With all due respect, we are trying to solve the tragic murder of a 21-year-old college student and the sensitive details of our investigation are vital in presenting the case and ultimately ensuring that justice is served for the person responsible for this senseless act.”

https://nypost.com/2019/07/30/ally-...regnant-with-brandon-theesfelds-child-report/

Murdered college student was pregnant and had refused to have an abortion: Report

New details in the killing of 21-year-old Alexandria Kostial emerged on Tuesday as it was reported that the college student was pregnant by her accused killer at the time of her death and had refused to have an abortion.

Kostial was shot eight times on July 20, and her body was found some 20 miles from the campus of the University of Mississippi, where she was a student.

Kostial's on-again-off-again boyfriend, Brandon Theesfeld, 22, was arrested and charged last Monday with her murder. While details that led investigators to arrest and charge Theesfeld with Kostial's murder have been kept largely secret, friends of the murdered woman have expressed concern to the Daily Mail about their relationship.

Kostial, a native of St. Louis known to friends as "Ally," expressed concern to those close to her that Theesfeld, whom she had known since her freshman year, was sometimes prone to violent outbursts. She also confided to several friends and sorority sisters that she was pregnant with Theesfeld's baby and was not interested in getting an abortion.

ABC News exclusive with slain Ole Miss student's friends: 'Ally is still with me'

The grieving best friends of slain Ole Miss student Alexandria "Ally" Kostial are using the lessons they've learned from the patient and positive 21-year-old to help them cope with her loss.

Kostial, who had been on campus for summer school, was found shot dead on July 20, about 30 miles from Ole Miss. A classmate is in custody, accused of killing her.

[...]

Kostial "had a unique ability to just connect with people," friend Hannah Chauvin told ABC News in an exclusive interview. "She loved everyone and people loved her back."

To friend Claire Sigrist, Kostial's contagious smile "left a positive impact on every person she met."

"She's just a shining light...and she can turn any bad day into a good day," Sigrist told ABC News. "She would never say no to an opportunity that would further her life or her friends'."
ally-kostial-07-as-ht-190729_hpEmbed_1x1_992.jpg

From the DM article:

"The Office of the Lafayette County Coroner told DailyMailTV: 'The initial examination of the autopsy of Alexandria Kostial was performed. The additional ballistic, trace and comparative testing is not complete. The final complete autopsy report will not be issued by the State Medical Examiner until all evidence is processed and analyzed.'

It is not known when they final autopsy report will be completed."

So does this mean they haven't matched the bullets to his gun yet?? What the heck??
That's what it sounds like -- but multiple shots also mean multiple tests. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back