ID - DeOrr Kunz, Jr., 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a google of 411/Paulides, this is from Wiki:

"As of 2018, Paulides has written eight books on this topic. According to A Sobering Coincidence, he does not yet have a theory on what is causing the disappearances, although he indicates that the "field of suspects is narrowing." Paulides advised his readers to go outside of their normal comfort zone to determine who (or what) is the culprit"

So... no actual answers then?

I had a google of 411/Paulides, this is from Wiki:

"As of 2018, Paulides has written eight books on this topic. According to A Sobering Coincidence, he does not yet have a theory on what is causing the disappearances, although he indicates that the "field of suspects is narrowing." Paulides advised his readers to go outside of their normal comfort zone to determine who (or what) is the culprit"

So... no actual answers then?

Nope. I respect him for this.

bbm
The outhouse was searched.

Such a sad story. I can see the similarities and differences, including people accusing the parents of foul play. And no sign of Diane from divers and air searches.

Although searchers used the technology available at the time fast forward 50+ years and we have new methods like side sonar and planes equipped with FLIT. But sometimes no amount of technology or searching yields a clue when a little one disappears from a campground.

I still wonder about the outhouse at the campground. I did post a question about whether or not it had been searched way back in the beginning but someone replied that it had. That kind of was my last resort thought about what happened to Deorr.

IMO it's hard to return to other theories when considering the conflicting stories given by Deorr's parents. I know the impossible can and does happen - I remember the story of Julie Rea, convicted of murdering her son. She was acquitted after evidence led to serial killer Tommy Lynn Sells.

But Deorr's disappearance was very different and no trace of him - not those oversized boots, clothing, blood or hair - was ever found. So it's difficult to conclude that an animal or the water took him. Combined with his parents' lack of consistent stories it isn't difficult to understand the accusations.

IMO
We don't want to believe that parents would disappear their own children. Sometimes we'll believe anything, no matter how improbable, to keep from accepting the horrible truth.

Throw in a setting like a remote campground, and some are more likely to believe something "mysterious" happened.

But, it's the same old thing as when the child disappears from their bed, their home, their front yard.

A bit off topic but here is a recent search near where I live ..... an 84 year old woman did not return after picking berries and a search was launched.

“There were dogs, there were horses, there were people on ATVs . “They said something like 300 people had come to show up over the course of three to four days.

“We had drones, we had a helicopter and two planes – they covered so much ground. We just didn’t know what else they could have done.”

She was missing so long that police called off the search and the family was warned by authorities after four days that they should prepare for the worst – that searchers were likely looking for a body.

Well guess what .... they found her not far from where she was picking berries ..... alive and well.

Missing Manitoba grandmother, presumed dead, found alive after four-day ordeal

Interesting, but I'm not entirely sure it has a place in this discussion, considering that senior citizens have resources that toddlers don't, least of all (1) ways to shelter in place; and (2), ford off some types of animal attacks (I know you said "off topic", but imo, to include senior citizens and everyone else in the discussion of Deorr, muddies the waters of debate).

I wonder if Klein will ever release the information and interviews.

"The private investigator also announced that he will launch a website by the end of July containing information he has gathered about the case."

“We will be releasing the website within the next two weeks for you to watch the interrogations. Read the evidence for yourself and make your own decision,” he said. “We think it will open your eyes.”

Judge denies Kunz appeal; PI to release findings within 2 weeks | East Idaho News

This is what Klein stated a year ago:

"Klein says the footage will include interviews with the four people who were camping with DeOrr the day he disappeared: Jessica Mitchell, DeOrr’s mother; Vernal Kunz, DeOrr’s father; Robert Walton, DeOrr’s great grandfather; and Isaac Reinwand, a friend of Walton’s."

“We’ll probably release some secondary interviews that we conducted. We’ll probably put up our conversation with the store clerk at the Stage Stop in Leadore,” Klein says. “We’ll likely put up the young man who pumped the gas and other people who may have seen DeOrr.”

Investigator plans to release video, audio interviews in connection to DeOrr Kunz case | East Idaho News

It looks like Kunz vs. Klein is not over after all.
  • 07/25/2019 Motion Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Pickett, Bruce L.

Hearing Time
    10:00 AM

Cancel Reason
    Vacated

Comment
    Amended Motion for Punitive Damages

• 07/29/2019 Motion

Comment
    Second Motion to Reconsider
09/26/2019 Pre-trial Conference

Judicial Officer
Pickett, Bruce L.

Hearing Time
09:00 AM

CV-2017-6338 | DeOrr Dennis Kunz, DeOrr Vernal Kunz vs. Phillip R Klein, Klein Investigations And Consulting, Klein Investments, Inc, KIC

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Last edited:
It looks like Kunz vs. Klein is not over after all.
  • 07/25/2019 Motion Hearing

Judicial Officer
    Pickett, Bruce L.

Hearing Time
    10:00 AM

Cancel Reason
    Vacated

Comment
    Amended Motion for Punitive Damages

• 07/29/2019 Motion

Comment
    Second Motion to Reconsider
09/26/2019 Pre-trial Conference

Judicial Officer
Pickett, Bruce L.

Hearing Time
09:00 AM

CV-2017-6338 | DeOrr Dennis Kunz, DeOrr Vernal Kunz vs. Phillip R Klein, Klein Investigations And Consulting, Klein Investments, Inc, KIC

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Wonder what Vernal Kunz, et.al. are so desperate to hide?

Interesting, but I'm not entirely sure it has a place in this discussion, considering that senior citizens have resources that toddlers don't, least of all (1) ways to shelter in place; and (2), ford off some types of animal attacks (I know you said "off topic", but imo, to include senior citizens and everyone else in the discussion of Deorr, muddies the waters of debate).

Fair enough but the point I was trying to make is that even when there are hundreds of searchers (such as for DeOrr) they can still come up empty handed even though the lost person was not very far away. Hope that makes sense.

Huh??
(snipped a bit by me for, erm, clarity)

Klein Investigations announced Wednesday: Alan Browning, attorney, has filed a reconsideration, of the reconsideration, of the reconsideration of the dismissal of the lawsuit Kunz v. Klein.

Technically the case is still dismissed however Browning has requested the court reconsider its reconsiderations.

Hello everyone. I live in Idaho and this case has bothered me from day one. First of all no animal took this child. DeOrr's boots were too big for him and they were not found nor any clothes at all. Something would have been found. Not one of those people told the same story. As a matter of fact the stories kept changing. They were all involved somehow and know where DeOrr"s body is. It's time they come clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam