Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Cold Lake bystander’s story, the part about risk to his personal safety was somewhat embellished if the location was indeed a back lane located next to a seniors home, a soccer field, and residences, as opposed to a field as was initially reported. During the daytime there’d likely have been others noticing the commotion of a stuck vehicle plus observing him pulling out these two and so robbing him would’ve certainly resulted in the RCMP being notified immediately IMO.

I think they ditched their gun after they killed the couple in fear they would get caught in a roadblock and searched. They haven’t killed anyone since LD and I know the cause of the hasn’t been released by the rcmp publicly, but I’m just going to once again say I believe they ditched the weapon In BC which is why they haven’t killed anyone or took over anyone’s house to get food or transportation. Also why they haven’t come out shooting. MOO

Just because they're not releasing information to a nervous and curious public doesn't mean they don't have evidence.

LE agencies have learned that releasing info often damages cases. Releasing info will not protect their ultimate prosecution. It can only hurt it. It has zero to do with a possible defense.
Exactly. Anything LE says in the early stages that is NOT correct would certainly be brought up by a defence attorney later, so best to say as little as possible until you have all your ducks in a row. While I agree with this, it does allow police to cover things up when they screw up. They answer to nobody and never have to say a word sol long as a case remains open. Barry & Honey Sherman are perfect examples of this, as is Bruce McArthur and Dellon Millard.

As a side note - it was printed on some outlets in Ontario that the OPP in Barrie had released information on Monday night, around the same time as the garbage dump sighting, that the killers could be in Ontario. It was just coming across the wire, when the dump info broke. I will dig up the link to the article. I thought it must have been moot with the garbage sighting news, it literally broke at the same time.

Not sure if you guys are aware of this? I cannot keep up with threads.
OPP issue alert with B.C. murder suspects seemingly headed in 'easterly direction'
July 24, 2019
"Ontario Provincial Police have issued a public safety alert amid concerns that two suspects in the murder of a young couple and an unknown man in British Columbia could be headed in an “easterly direction.”

The alert was issued on Wednesday, less than 24 hours after police confirmed that Kam McLeod, 19, and Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, were being sought in connection with the fatal shooting of a tourist couple in northern B.C. last week, as well as the death of a man -- identified Wednesday as Leonard Dyck of Vancouver -- who was found in a burned-out truck days later."

Per the PC : We've used every resource and threw everything we had in this search, but have found no sign of the suspects. paraphrased by me. IMO, this means they are dead. Is it possible that they came to their senses after torching the RAV4 and knew it was hopeless to continue?

The RCMP have returned to the scene where the vehicle was burned to retrace their steps, so it's possible they missed something. For sure, a pile of matches was left on the road near the SUV, and no one picked them up as evidence. Survivors need matches.

That's true, but Saunders also said that his partner saw those things. See CBC link above.

Well that's new. That potentially explains everything. The person who was speaking to the media was potentially referring to what the other checkpoint person saw. Saunders saw boxes and a suit. The other guy saw survival gear and maps. But it's still not straight from the horse's mouth.

"Saunders added that he believed his partner had seen what looked like survival gear and a map in the vehicle."

Source: Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

I wouldn't be surprised if they are still alive. If they are in the wilderness up there then they might not be in the best condition at this point, but there's no reason they couldn't have survived for this long. It hasn't been confirmed what they were doing in the woods for the past two years back in Port Alberni. Nor has it been confirmed exactly what they have with them. I spent less than 30 minutes googling survival tips and found videos for how to build a shelter that will keep you warm and dry, how to build a fire so it makes less smoke, how to make water safe for drinking, how to protect yourself from mosquitoes and how to make spears and rods for fishing. If they were practicing any of that over the past two years then they might still be out there and alive. Considering their interest in a game like Rust, I doubt they were just goofing off in the woods out back.

Somebody told reporters that Saunders, who conducted the checkpoint stop, saw survival gear and maps. Saunders himself subsequently clarified that he did not see those things.
You're aware that 2 people conducted the search, right? Saunders and Morgan Spence his partner.

'Morgan was talking to the thinner one, Schmegelsky. He was quiet. Morgan said that they'd have to take a look around, check their vehicle for alcohol or drugs.

'But looking at the vehicle that they were driving in, the constable said all that was in there was survival gear, blankets and a lot of maps.

'They said that they were just going to come into the community, fuel up and head back out.'

I think they ditched their gun after they killed the couple in fear they would get caught in a roadblock and searched. They haven’t killed anyone since LD and I know the cause of the hasn’t been released by the rcmp publicly, but I’m just going to once again say I believe they ditched the weapon In BC which is why they haven’t killed anyone or took over anyone’s house to get food or transportation. Also why they haven’t come out shooting. MOO
The gun is the only muscle they have. I'm sure they still have it. Even without ammo, its intimidating. If they are indeed out of ammo it would be more difficult to get a car because if they leave the people alive, there would almost certainly be immediate pursuit. Neither of those guys seem capable of killing someone with their bare hands either.

if you are on a computer anyway, you can highlight the text in a post and a box will pop up with the +Quote and Reply (which is what I did when quoting you), it's especially handy when there is a long post and you maybe only want to address a portion of it.

Thanks for the tip.
My method failed me a couple times ;)

The first crime scene likely will require forensic testing. They have spent rounds and probably fingerprints, but unless the two have been arrested before, they wouldn't be able to match those prints to anyone. At the second scene they likely have the same spent rounds, matching fingerprints AND their vehicle, which would tie them to the scene. But until the match prints to the pair, there is always an element of doubt. They don't need to rush charges as they already have enough to arrest and hold them.

They have been busily dusting for fingerprints in Port Alberni, I'd guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member