Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm perhaps but MOO JD had them on as you wouldn’t likely use a bra for cleanup. He’s cooked.
Wait! You don’t use bras to clean up stuff? No wonder why mine are in such poor shape. I typically use undergarments when I clean and sometimes T-shirt’s. I thought everyone did. I’m flabbergasted! Lol.

He is indeed cooked. The bra is very telling. And very depressing. As many have said it’s so personal. Her mom and family have really held it together. They have known quite a bit about the evidence since May 31 and I imagine it has been nothing short of a Herculean task to stay as silent as they have and not badmouth FoDu in the press. GF and family are playing the long game. That said I admire them for their strength and quiet restraint. No way I could do it.

Can someone maybe put some of the article on. Hit paywall.
The woman later told state police she believed that her husband, KM wanted her dead and thatFD— with whom the husband had a professional relationship — was working on behalf of her husband “to get rid of her," the warrant says.
Mawhinney represented Dulos in a lawsuit brought by Gloria Farber, Farber Dulos’ mother, alleging Dulos owed her husband’s estate millions of dollars. Mawhinney recently withdrew from the case
According to the warrant for Mawhinney’s arrest on a charge of violation of a protective order, Dulos invited Mawhinney’s wife to meetings, including one at his Farmington home, where she was to talk with her husband.The wife, who is not identified in court papers, initially met with Dulos at Max’s Oyster Bar in West Hartford on May 19, but after telling Dulos she would not meet with Mawhinney unless their lawyers were present, Dulos abruptly paid the bill and left, according to the warrant.

Wait! You don’t use bras to clean up stuff? No wonder why mine are in such poor shape. I typically use undergarments when I clean and sometimes T-shirt’s. I thought everyone did. I’m flabbergasted! Lol.

He is indeed cooked. The bra is very telling. And very depressing. As many have said it’s so personal. Her mom and family have really held it together. They have known quite a bit about the evidence since May 31 and I imagine it has been nothing short of a Herculean task to stay as silent as they have and not badmouth FoDu in the press. GF and family are playing the long game. That said I admire them for their strength and quiet restraint. No way I could do it.
Oh boy...I e never heard of it! Didn’t mean to offend anyone!

The woman later told state police she believed that her husband, KM wanted her dead and thatFD— with whom the husband had a professional relationship — was working on behalf of her husband “to get rid of her," the warrant says.
Mawhinney represented Dulos in a lawsuit brought by Gloria Farber, Farber Dulos’ mother, alleging Dulos owed her husband’s estate millions of dollars. Mawhinney recently withdrew from the case
According to the warrant for Mawhinney’s arrest on a charge of violation of a protective order, Dulos invited Mawhinney’s wife to meetings, including one at his Farmington home, where she was to talk with her husband.The wife, who is not identified in court papers, initially met with Dulos at Max’s Oyster Bar in West Hartford on May 19, but after telling Dulos she would not meet with Mawhinney unless their lawyers were present, Dulos abruptly paid the bill and left, according to the warrant.
Thank you!

I had no idea that she could do this. But would she? How would she do this-Is it triggered by her attempt to collect all of the money he owes her?

It’s been awhile since I had this happen to a client. Basically, GF would file a bankruptcy petition against FD. He is so far in debt, that GF tells the federal bankruptcy court, hello!!! This out of hand.
The trades that have not been paid need to converse with GF bankruptcy attys.
I’m sure that there are Federal Bankruptcy Rules outlining the necessary elements. Too late for me to look all of that up.
But would that stir up a hornet’s nest?
FD would be doomed. Bky fraud is not looked upon kindly. Her civil suit could be pursued in the bky court. Her lawyers will know the strategy to maximize FD exposure.

Good night all. Will check back
in am.

Wayyyy too much time on his hands.

Oh boy...I e never heard of it! Didn’t mean to offend anyone!

Just being silly on my part. A little humor to cut through what has been some sad information today. Expected information but sad. Thinking of how NP would try to spin the bra being there with her blood on it? Not sure if her blood was on it but it’s just one more thing like you said that proves items she was either wearing or from her laundry room or possibly a suitcase that she had packed to go to NY were used in the cleanup or removed from her corpse. Just sad. Didn’t mean to be silly.

LE already knows whether JD was wearing that shirt on the morning FD murdered her. IMO there is far more evidence linking FD to the crime? Why? Because he did not have the time or skill to erase all forensic evidence of his crime. The evidence was "fresh" when collected and not subject to degradation. Everything discovered shortly after the crime will be a bonanza for LE.

Someone at school is going to have seen JD the morning of the murder. Someone is going to put JD in that shirt (If I were the prosecution, I would use the most "gut punch" witness available to do so when the time comes). DNA evidence is going to link both JD and FD to the evidence seized. MT may also be physically linked via the other contents of the bag. If MT isn't cooperating 110%, she is a fool...

The lack of evidence and the efforts to destroy/delete it will also be informative. If MT was in fact on the computer deleting files when LE entered FD's home, there is an excellent possibility those files have been recovered. Just ask the guy doing life for murdering his wife who, just prior to her murder, deleted the song "I Used to Love Her But I Had to Kill Her" (by AC/DC, I Believe). about what can be recovered from a computer!

If MT pressed delete, but failed to undertake a series of additional and very specific steps, those deleted files are now in LE's possession. Same with deleted texts. FD's cellphone is a small computer and, as noted by the Supreme Court, a "personal diary" which may contain significant information. It came into LE's hands very quickly-quickly enough for it to obtain a whole lot from it. With a warrant, of course.

My next observations are MY opinion and only that, an opinion. Sadly, I believe, more strongly than ever that ever that FD dismembered JD's body. Why else would he have removed her clothes? If he wanted it to look like a spontaneous murder/abduction, he would have left the body intact and at least some portion of the clothing nearby.

FD needed JD's clothes off for a reason; the reason had to be that the clothing interfered with what he was doing with her body. He needed her to be smaller than she was. Which leads me to conclude he wanted everyone to believe she was missing, which leads me to his parking JD's car in the park, which leads me to speculate that maybe it was FD who stole the preposterous "Gone Girl" plot device and urged it upon his counsel.

With JD missing, but not presumed dead, FD (thinks he) gets the kids, access to the trust funds, an end to the divorce, the potential dismissal of GF's lawsuits AND the added bonus of the adoring attention from being the "poor dad" whose terrible, selfish wife left him without a trace. Maybe NP is reading from the script that ND had already written!

If I am correct, it is no wonder FD "sounded excited" when he called the GAL the day after JD's disappearance. He WAS excited, because he thought he was getting away with murder. Bet he was furious when he arrived to collect his "prize"/his children from GF and was met with armed guards. I have never met GF, but I am in absolute awe of the manner in which she has conducted herself. She must be an incredible force of nature.

I could be wrong. FD could have removed the shirt because he knew his bodily fluids were on it. If that were the case, though, if the bra found in the bag belonged to JD, why remove her bra, too? We have to assume FD did everything for a reason, even if that reason makes no sense to us. There is no reason to conclude he remove her clothes for sexual gratification, but there is every reason to believe he did so out of anger, resentment and an overriding need to make JD pay for her defiance of his authority. Viewing his conduct in this light, dismemberment is the ultimate act of control, power over, and debasement of the woman who dared to stand up to him. It was his way to wipe away her very existence.

At this point, the tactics of NP, while perhaps an interesting distraction, are becoming increasingly irrelevant to the outcome of this prosecution. Some lawyers in his community speak highly of his skills, while acknowledging his strategy comes with substantial risk to his client. FP is not the first lawyer who has tried to get ahead of a very bad narrative by using the bully pulpit of media attention in a high profile case.

As the saying goes, though, "if you have nothing to say, it's best to say nothing at all." FP has already lost credibility before he has even selected the first juror. For instance, a shirt known to be worn by the victim on the day of her murder, bearing her blood, in a garbage bag that the state has VIDEO evidence of FD placing in a garbage can, in a town where he does not reside, and in a cans he affirmatively sought out to use, means nothing? It is "desperate speculation" to say this links FD to the murder ? Seriously?

This kind of stupid comment to the media does only one thing- make its utterer look like a fool and the client look like the unfeeling monster he is. With the release of this devastating information, NP becomes nothing more than a carnival barker, seeking to entice those willing to view his tired sleight of hand. "Ladies and Gentlemen, step right up as I claim JD is a Heroin Addict! A Gone Girl! A Neglectful Mother Who Abandons Her Children! No, no, keep looking at my mouth, ignore the DNA, the blood, the videos, the shirt, the auto tags, the statements my client made!" It is just pathetic, is what it is.

So I no longer care what NP has to say about his client's innocence. I will not allow myself to be distracted by every shiny thing FP dangles to lure the naive away from the truth. It will be NP's burden at some point in his life to decide if he has helped serve justice (in this and other cases), or merely manipulated the system for his client's advantage. For the rest of us, we can rest a little easier knowing LE is NOT going to let FD get away with murder.

Whoever is heading this investigation is a true professional and must have the respect of the men and women working on LE's team, The discipline in containing leaks has been impressive, but it appears the day of reckoning in coming near for FD. All the silly press conferences in the world are not going to allow FD to avoid his day of judgement. I hope JD's loved ones will find comfort in the knowledge that, once he is convicted, FD will never be able to harm an innocent person again. Small comfort, I know, but it is the best our justice system can offer.

Last edited:

A South Windsor lawyer under court order not to contact his estranged wife during their contentious divorce was arrested after Fotis Dulos reached out to her to try to facilitate a meeting between them:
Warrant: Man under order to avoid contact with estranged wife arrested after Fotis Dulos reaches out to her
My apologies if someone already posted this info: The court records for Mawhinney's custody/divorce case show the proceedings began in 2010! Also, the records are not available to the public.

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/CaseDetail/PublicCaseDetail.aspx?DocketNo=HHDFA104050362S

Perhaps FD and KM bonded over their similar divorce proceedings, both nasty and lengthy.

IMO, This is too bizarre to be a coincidence.

Last edited:
Think about this timeline:
"The wife, who is not identified in court papers, initially met with Dulos at Max’s Oyster Bar in West Hartford on May 19, but after telling Dulos she would not meet with Mawhinney unless their lawyers were present, Dulos abruptly paid the bill and left, according to the warrant. On May 20, Dulos called the wife again, telling her Mawhinney was willing to meet with their lawyers present. On May 21, Dulos called again to set up a meeting, but the woman told him she had talked to her lawyer and did not want to have any contact with her husband, the warrant says."
Warrant: Man under order to avoid contact with estranged wife arrested after Fotis Dulos reaches out to her

May 19: FD meets with Mawhinney wife at Oyster bar
May 20: FD calls Mawhinney wife trying to get her to meet up
May 21: FD again calls Mawhinney wife to try to get her to meet
May 22: FD down in NC dinner with kids at JD's house (mentions DNA to visitation supervisor)
May 23: FD and MT dinner party at 4 JC (who were the guests? planned guests? Was Mawhinney present/invited? Was his wife planned for/invited??)
May 24 morning: JD disappears

Think about this timeline:
"The wife, who is not identified in court papers, initially met with Dulos at Max’s Oyster Bar in West Hartford on May 19, but after telling Dulos she would not meet with Mawhinney unless their lawyers were present, Dulos abruptly paid the bill and left, according to the warrant. On May 20, Dulos called the wife again, telling her Mawhinney was willing to meet with their lawyers present. On May 21, Dulos called again to set up a meeting, but the woman told him she had talked to her lawyer and did not want to have any contact with her husband, the warrant says."

May 19: FD meets with Mawhinney wife at Oyster bar
May 20: FD calls Mawhinney wife trying to get her to meet up
May 21: FD again calls Mawhinney wife to try to get her to meet
May 22: FD down in NC dinner with kids at JD's house (mentions DNA to visitation supervisor)
May 23: FD and MT dinner party at 4 JC (who were the guests? planned guests? Was Mawhinney present/invited? Was his wife planned for/invited??)
May 24 morning: JD disappears
That timeline is a tad chilling, IMO....

The part of the article in which Mawhinney's wife talks about FD's interest as sudden and he kept inviting her back to his house is also strange behavior:
From the same article as sleuth66's post:
“She believed it was suspicious that Dulos has such a sudden vested interest in her relationship with Mawhinney,” the warrant reads. “She stated she felt she was being ‘baited’ and was uncomfortable with the fact that Dulos kept inviting her back to his residence. She stated that she believed Dulos was ‘indebted’ to Mawhinney and that she believed Dulos was working on behalf of Mawhinney to get rid of her. She stated that she believed that Mawhinney wanted her dead.”

Why would FD be "indebted" to Mawhinney?

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting but I have caught up with all of the threads. This latest story is a jaw dropper.

Even though I know it’s not very possible for him to do so, I think FD will try to run for the Greek hills.

Does anyone know what came of MT’s deposition??? Was that supposed to be today??? Thanks!!!
Hi, based on the motion filed by MT atty it doesn't appear that she was deposed today. Will try to find out more information tomorrow.

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member